1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. trustme

trustme Member

This is the true face of Israel

2. trustme

trustme Member

I don’t hate Jews. But let’s say someone does hate Jews. It’s still not as bad as your grandad being a Nazi who probably killed Jews or supported the holocaust.

3. MexAmercnMoose

is it possible to dislike both? lol

astros123 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Nah man wut you doin.

Nook likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've had conversations on here about travel and bball etc he is a great guy i bet. He just doesn't understand exactly what you said. There are also good people on both sides wrapped up in this conflict. Causing suffering for both. If you're incapable of seeing that then you are just as bad as the people saying Isreal is evil not understanding their history.

In 11th grade I was in a honors class in Brenham, TX called World Area Studies with a great teacher named coach Mossburger from Germany. He taught German, coached basketball and soccer, and taught this one honors class.

1st semester was reading a comprehensive book about Isreal/Palestine with several groups doing a oral presentation. The 2nd semester was the same but the book was on the Bosina Herzegovina conflict. Easily one of the best 3-4 classes i had in highschool where we were treated like adults.

The point of this story is from then on I have continued to learn about this over the years.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

First of all, nobody can do anything about what their grandfather did.

Secondly, my grandfather was an English teacher who was not a Nazi. He somehow managed to avoid serving in the military (maybe because he was already older then). He was not involved in killing Jews or in the holocaust whatsoever.

I understand that you are just trying to score some points, but if it were possible for you to make yourself look worse than you already do, congratulations, you did it.

Nook likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Nope. It's not about the people. It's about the harmful ideologies that make people do bad things.

Islamism is the mother lode of bad ideas.

8. MexAmercnMoose

good post, i agree, there are also good people on both sides....unfortunately the wrong people are in charge for both sides lol

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I know you are not an Islamist and a Jew hater.

My point is that by treating this as a "both sides are bad" thing, people like yourself and @Nook are obfuscating the demarcation line between good and evil, and that emboldens actual Jew haters and Islamists.

Israel is defending itself against fanatical Islamists who murder gay people, subjugate women, literally just murdered and raped and kidnapped over a thousand people just because they are Jewish/Israeli.

Does that mean every Jew or Israeli is a saint? Of course not.

Does that mean I don't feel empathy for innocent children caught up in this situation in Gaza? I do feel sorry for them and it is tragic.

But Israel literally has no choice but to go after Hamas, or Hamas will get stronger, will indoctrinate more children, and will murder more Israeli civilians.

Israel must eradicate Hamas. There is no choice.

And the argument "oh, you are creating more enemies", it's just not true. First of all, most people there hate Israel anyway. Secondly, you cannot just allow your own citizens to be slaughtered because retaliating "might create more enemies". Thirdly, again, this is a matter of survival. They simply have no choice - they must eradicate Hamas' entire leadership and infrastructure. Only after Hamas is gone, any healing or reconciliation can begin.

Hamas are modern day Nazis, just like ISIS, Al Qaeda, the Taliban, Abu Sayaf and whoever the other militant Islamist wankers are.

Israel cannot leave them in power. They tried to appease them, negotiate with them, etc. All they got for it was October 7. And what you see now is that Hamas - other than enriching its corrupt leaders - spent all the "aid money" they got for terror/war infrastructure.

Israel must remove Hamas.

10. trustme

trustme Member

Stooping to his level? He keeps calling me a Jew hating Islamist.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would imagine they hate both.

This is a bit of a red herring that I, too, admittedly agreed with in the immediate aftermath of October 7. But, after the continued bombardment, I cannot say that millions of people are justly collateral damage for a decision made almost 20 years ago. More than half of Gaza's population wasn't alive when Hamas won the last election in 2006. They've known no other life than Hamas leadership and Israeli containment.

I can't think of a good analog, but it's like saying that the majority of North Koreans deserve to suffer for any actions undertaken by their leadership. They haven't had a chance to vote, protest, etc. but this line of thinking still holds them liable.

It doesn't sit well with me.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

How else do you suggest Israel remove Hamas - who have stated their ongoing genocidal intent, and acted on it, and keep acting on it - from power, in order to eliminate the existential threat against its civilian population?

13. lionaire

lionaire Member

ATW does a fantastic job of following that zionist playbook like a good boy. the zionists will soon reward him with the opportunity to partake in metzitzah b'peh. And of course contributing member @tinman gets sloppy seconds.

trustme likes this.
  14. astros123

astros123 Member

Pro hamas crowd- "ceasefire now"

Hamas- "ceasefire? Fk that"

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. trustme

trustme Member

Stop calling everyone who is against genocide as an Islamist.

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

But you are not against genocide.

You are for it.

Because you support Hamas.

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I honestly don't know. I agree that Hamas can't stay in power, but I don't see a clear path to anything that comes after this that also doesn't pose a threat to Israel.

I have no solutions to this whole thing, only lament.

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This video alone (as if that should be necessary) already debunks several of the lies of the Hamas supporters here

@maypk
    @trustme
    @glynch
    @Homey the Clown
    @Exiled

and some of their various lies:
    • "Hamas aren't Islamists" - clearly, this guy is driven by his Islamist agenda
    • "Israel killed its own people" - he is proudly talking about the murders his people committed, and views that as a "victory"
    • "The Gazans just want to live in peace, but evil Israel has been occupying them" - this is not about anything other than killing Jews and waging Jihad
    • "Apartheid" - this guy is a billionaire who lives in Qatar and uses Palestinian civilians for his grift, as his "frontline trench"
    The Mossad should take this guy out sooner rather than later.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yo non contributing members who are the same account

Contributing members don’t see you

Godzilla doesn’t care about you ants
    [​IMG]

AroundTheWorld and lionaire like this.
  20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These dumb ass Houthis better