1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Athletic] Stone: Comfortable with the roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Dec 21, 2023.

1. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

My Deadline predictions:
    1. No major moves: aka no Jalen trade.
    2. Rockets do not use a first round pick to improve the roster
    3. The Rockets will not trade Tate, Holiday or Bobi
    4. The Rockets will only be willing to trade Oladipo, Landale & 2nd round picks.
    5. The Rockets will look to add either a back up PG or a back up Center via trade. Not both. My top candidates are familiar faces, Schroder or Olynyk.
    6. The Rockets will look to the buyout market to fill the position that they do not address with the trade.
    7. There is a strong possibility that the Rockets are a 3rd or 4th team in a larger trade taking back long term salary and additional 2nd round picks.

roslolian, MadMax94$ and jcmoon like this.
  2. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

youre probably right. We are years away from being a true contendrr and our you g players and picks are so valuable. We struck gold with these picks panning out, considering jalen green is the one discussed being traded. All we have to do ia develop our uoung players and be a team on the rise and stand pat. We are like the clippers pre kawhi and we will wait for a superstar who will want to join us. If we can get jalen green on a team friendly contraxt and he blssoms on his second contract that would be even better. I dont think well make any major deals unless a true great trade comes alomg. We are super lucky to be in thia situation.

roslolian and DM'sVP like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

S
    Simple answer to anyone who’s followed this team is that Stone wanted Harden and it was Ime who brought in Brooks, Holiday, Uncle Jeff, and FVV. 100% Udoka and I know that as a fact.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I doubt that Landale, Holiday were Udoka because those were just salary filling players, Holiday just outplayed his contract.....

Obviously Udoka was filled in on them and gave it his okay.....but still just salary fillers.

6. MadMax94$

MadMax94$ Member

Only fact is that Harden is not on this team and the Rockets are playing well (& so are the Clippers with the Beard by the way).

I don't understand why people dwell on might have beens. If I was foot taller I would be in league if my mom didn't conceive and marry a short man. See how ridiculous that sounds?

Give Stone & the Rockets credit. My only criticism is the wasted picks on Josh Christopher, Ty Ty, Usman and to some extent KJ Martin. We had too many young guys to try and develop at the same time.

Nonetheless, the front office has course corrected and the team is playing well. The future is bright and let's celebrate the Houston Rockets quick turnaround. Let's not pretend Stone wasn't dealt a lousy hand as a rookie GM. Morey emptied the cupboard for Westbrook and both Daryl and Harden knew it (hence why they both wanted out).

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Assets worth aggregating for trade:

Tate, Uncle Jeff, Jalen Green, remaining 2nds, Brooklyn picks, expiring contracts of Dipo and Landale.

that should be more than enough to get us a bonifide star. We need a competent GM to execute a deal.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

So Stone as the GM now has zero say on the team is run? Stone and Ime has to disagree on every decision ever made and Stone lost every time? Ime's first job is not just designing plays and hiring all his coaching staff he also did draft scouting and signed and negotiated all the free agents and Stone objected every time but got vetoed every time? I dont think that a simple answer I think that's a clueless answer.

Anyone who knows how an org is run knows this isn't how any team operates. That's a fact lol you know nothing Jon Snow.

9. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think Stone saying he is comfortable with the roster is just a half truth.

He likes the talent he's accumulated but more importantly he doesn't want the league to think he's only so high on it. It's just a standard thing to say to try to hardball other teams into coughing up more for your assets.