1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nets @ Rockets 1/3/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 2, 2024.

1. plegus

plegus Member

I think previous game was the first but OK.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He seems not entirely confident finishing with both hands. He got blocked once because he chose to use his right hand instead of left

Roomba and Dredd like this.
  3. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Vs Detroit Jalen, Tari and some other guys were getting theirs. This game everyone was off except Sengun and Fred.

roslolian likes this.
  4. Bo6

Bo6 Member

honestly, we lose last night if we had Bridges and they had Green. Bridges was so awful that I feel shame that I wanted to give up all the picks / swaps in the off-season to acquire him.

The Nets are pretty scrappy though, they made us uncomfortable in the first half. They have some nice pieces. Royce O'Neal is a high level role player, Cam Johnson can break down a defense, and Claxton is a defensive presence. Good thing for us that their chuckers couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Bridges is on a really cold streak. He's honestly been terrible recently, not just last night. He'll return to form, I expect, but I still don't see him as a piece you build around, and at age 27 he's probably already as good as he'll ever be. By the time our young core are at their peaks, he will be on the downslope of his career. Not worth trading for IMO, unless we can get him for a really good price.

roslolian and Bo6 like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At the start of the season Cam Thomas was juggling 29 and 30 point nights and now he is scoring Zeroes and 4s.....

roslolian likes this.
  7. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

From a Nets outsider, it looks like the key players have given up on the team/coach.

8. DominantBig

DominantBig Member

Roles matter. Bridges on a team as option 3, right now, > Green. Better D, better cutter. But he is 27 so I too agree trading picks for him bad idea although I did say we should.

beardsanity713 likes this.
  9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

This felt like three wins. The W for ourselves, the L for Brooklyn, and Amen and Cam played well in meaningful minutes.

RocketsTerps and Verbal Christ like this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

I Am not pumping up his TS% for this game, I mentioned he struggled with his shot % wise but he also had some good misses (looks) and just didn't make the shots as he did in the prior few games with his sizzling 67 TS%.............that is passable TS% right?

2 FTA's either means he wasn't driving as much to the paint, or was and the refs were letting them play on, don't really know why you are mentioning that, but at least Sengun picked up the slack in the FT department since it is a team game

15 FGA's from a chucker is very low bar and silly hill to die on (even for you), that's basically 4 shots per quarter from your scoring/shooting guard, but i don't expect you to grasp that since you didn't play basketball on serious level, you were a footballer, so you get a quasi-pass for thinking a chucker would take only 15 shots for entire game, which is pathetic sports thinking on any level

His individual defense has been decent this season according to stats, and the team defense ranking from last this to this year has him on both squads, but let you tell it he is just riding the coattails of Dillon/Sengun for his good +/- games and is a fluke when he has a good shooting game

He was horrible in December shooting like in the low 30%, so that is poor, good thing I Am not a so called superfanatic and just speak on what I see and from actual experience on the court

the thing is you dislike the draft selection so much, that even when you do try to give praise to Green, you follow it with direct slick disses towards him

Just the fact that you have said a handful of good things and 10 billion bad things about a player on your team that you root for, shows how you are really pointing 1 finger and 3 back at yourself, which is pretty pathetic and poor energy from you being a said Rockets fan(atic)

if you would praise him for his good games/moments just as much as you do the negative/bad games then you would be actual Rockets fanatic, but since there are tiers you are just a fairweather ie. a so called concerned fanatic...........child please

You dislike Green so much you only stick to the TS% to give a game grade, that is silly/poor/pathetic thinking in the macro aspect

#770 Ancient Moabite, Jan 4, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    Dankstronaut likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If he struggled with his shot so he took like 8 for the game and took a seat for better players to get more time then it wouldn't have been a problem.... that would be him in the Gerald Green role he's suited for.

It is a problem when he's in there chucking and wasting possessions.... not so much against bad teams like the Nets, but having a one way scrub like Jalen chucking that much against a good team can throw the game.

It's the equivalent of letting Nix take the 2nd most shots for a team

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

…because it’s fairly obvious you don’t care about anything other than green ?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

.... yes, clearly I've been talking basketball for 30 years because of the 8th best player on the Rockets current roster.

You are a very smart person.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

PSA
    Remember -that guy is not me.

Not saying I agree with him or not - no time to back read.
    I’ve been accused recently of saying things that were said by another TFOR3. 2-3 others out there. Can’t remember who accused but they’re probably on my ignore list.

Personally- I’ve stopped defending J Green when he gets hammered.
    He either gets better and shows consistency or he doesn’t. Up to him. Not me.

I will say that if he could play like he does vs cade consistently it would be amazing but again not up to me.

#774 Tfor3, Jan 4, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No worries, I don't really pay much attention to names on here.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I think he has a valid point. How many hundreds if not thousands of posts do you have bashing Jalen Green? And I do not even like Jalen Green.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

When a player that bad logs that many minutes and takes that many shots, it's going to lead to a lot of posts.

Having the 8th best player on the roster in the starting lineup is understandably a main topic of conversation and most of it will be negative or delusional.

It would be the same if Daishen Nix was starting and taking the 2nd most shots on the team.

18. Ancient Moabite

Struggling (or not) with your shot will need to result in your attempts remaining on par to either Stay in rhythm and keep cooking or trying to get out of your slump and turn it around

so Green is dealing with the latter, so him taking 8 shots at his position would hurt the team being his role is to get buckets

When you say chucking I think of players who put up 20+ shots per game and make 6-8 of them

Green plays way more team ball style than chucker, or Ime would have been granted your wish and bring him off bench

He has had good to decent games vs good/bad teams so the Nets were just next team up

Nix isn't a priority like Green, he wasn't drafted second overall by the Rockets, and Nix couldn't get by you on drives, so he definitely wouldn't warrant the second most shots on even your YMCA team

Once Green starts playing like his prior few game stretch before last game then you will be that concerned fan that is finally happy but will still find something to nitpick aboutl ike FT attempts or some other BS

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What you are saying would make sense if we were talking about a good player... but we're not, we're talking about Jalen Green, one of the worst players on the roster....a player in the middle of a career long "slump"

20. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

That is a fair point. I think however you have exhausted the ways to say the same things about Jalen Green. I get it though as Jalen has been a huge disappointment.