1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 NFL Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rockets34Legend, May 1, 2023.

1. raining threes

I want difference makers and I would draft Benson, Allen in the 2nd and Irving in the 3rd. I've got Shipley and Brooks in the 4th.

2. raining threes

Patterson and Juice are starter level guys, the fact that Ryans speaks highly of Patterson should be comforting.

Many at this time last year were saying the same things about Stingley that they're saying about Green now. Just a hunch, if Green gets fully healthy he will be the answer at LG if Juice and Patterson aren't. Plus the fact that all three of these guys have positional versatility is another positive. Healthy competion, the Texans IOL has been hit unusually hard by injury this yr. Unlikely to happen two years in a row.

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I didn’t know Braelon Allen declared. I like him as well.

Four backs I like:
    Jonathon Brooks
    Braelon Allen
    Blake Corum
    Will Shipley

Is Irving the one from Oregon?

cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  4. raining threes

Yes, he gives me Achane vibes. Smaller guy but runs hard and has a knack for hitting holes and turning on his tremendous speed. Can break tackles and has good hands, decent in pass pro, a threat to score anytime the ball is in his hands. If you like Achane or Keaton Mitchell then you will like Irving. Checkout his highlights, he's a unique talent. What do you not like about Benson? I like him a lot.

red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Would love to draft either Brooks or Allen in 2nd or 3rd. Great vision and speed.

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  6. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Would love a Achane, Keaton or Kyren type back.

I just haven’t watched Benson. Can’t say if I like him or not. I’ll probably have a whole new prospective around draft time.

houstonstime and raining threes like this.
  7. Qan

Qan Member

Can we just get lucky and hit with a late round RB?? Did we use up all our luck on Foster?

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

Take a look at Jaylen Wright (also out of Tennessee like Foster). Good size, great speed and produced against SEC defenses. Played in a zone blocking offense too. Reminds me of a bargain Jamaal Charles.

raining threes and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. raining threes

This is a bad bet.

You like a guy spend the draft capital and get your guy.

I wouldn't spend a 1st on a RB though unless I needed a RB and was picking late in the 1st rd.

10. raining threes

Will take a look.

Thanks for the heads up.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Kimmel is getting a taste of his own medicine, and he did not take it well. A little soft hiding behind his family. He has every right to dish it out himself, its comedy, but that means someone like Rodgers who he has badgered constantly can dish it back.

raining threes likes this.
  12. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Posted this back in November still valid and not a ton has changed, not as clear cut or strong as the past few years.

RB class is pretty poor.

Brooks was going high top of day two, not injured.

The two guys are Henderson (been very banged up but when he’s on the field OSU looks different. Benson has great lateral cuts, speed and balance. Both of the guys are good on swings and wheels for receiving. Bottom day 2?

The rest will likely just be role player/committee types. Edwards, Corum, Allen.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. Sooty

This year if you spend a 2/3/4 pick on an OL or WR over a RB, you’re coming out ahead of previous years. As prospects this years ol/WR classes are one of the deepest seen recently.

raining threes and deb4rockets like this.
  14. crose

crose Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am in no way any type of talent evaluator, so I am genuinely asking, why is Corum not considered to be one of the best RBs in this class? He seems like a low center-of-gravity bowling ball with decent speed and shiftiness. What am I missing here?

15. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Regardless of size, he's a little too much like Pierce trying to blow through the line rather than through the holes.

16. Sooty

+decision making good.
    +Finds his blockers and finishes well.

- Poor pass catcher (not proven)
    - Won’t test well athletically at combine

Will play a decent part of a backfield with a solid RB1.

17. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

18. raining threes

Disagree about Allen.

I would add Irving to the committee list. Love this guy and would really like to see him and a guy like Legette orThomas paired together with Dell and Collins. Speed kills and giving Stroud the type of guys that can score anytime they touch the ball would be lethal, especially with Strouds accuracy.

Rudyc281, sydmill and Sooty like this.
  19. Qan

Qan Member

Yo this opens up another potential pick for Texans. Is Sanders really a 1st round TE?

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Is he a day 1 starter or more of a project like Darnell Washington?