1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My Theory: High possibility of Nets and Rockets trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MoochiSmoochi, Jan 5, 2024.

1. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I have a theory that these two team is already in trade talk for couple months and pretty much done deal by looking at how things are going.

I strongly believe Nets are willing to trade Mikel Bridges to Rockets for Harden trade packages back. IMO

Rockets want Bridges and Cam Thomas for Jalen Green and few of the Picks
    Nets want Eason and Amen or Whitmore plus the picks back

Of course both want the best so gotta give and take on these deals to go through, but I strongly believe deals are coming and both team are doing their best to lower the value of the players other team want like Cam Thomas suddenly having narrative of unplayable or Rockets refuse to play Eason, Amen or Whitmore.

Everyone knows that Nets are tanking when they clearly don’t have picks so they must have something in work

wlekfjv923n and tycoonchip like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, give you credit when it happens...... Moochie Norris is the man.

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Problem with bridges is he will likely be an albatross contract in 2 years if he gets close to a max. I don’t think we’re ready to compete for a title now, which is where we would need to be to give up all those assets for a 3rd banana type

Bo6, gmoney411, OremLK and 2 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, unfortunately Bridges is not young enough to risk that........he has done nicely for himself no doubt.

A player that can be a fan's favorite.

If he had the enormous claw hands of Kawhi I would say yes....but he has not....

MoochiSmoochi and astrosrule like this.
  5. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I don’t know what Rockets will do with FVV in two years but we can easily give him (Bridges) a contract and possibly sign big free agent if we manage to develop Amen as dependable point guard

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

No you can’t. Sengun will be on a max, bridges on a max, and a big free agent? Even with FVV gone it doesn’t work, bridges isn’t good enough for that. You would also have jabari coming up for a contract

7. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I think new CBA rule is two max contract but Sengun is consider max “rookie” extension which is team can only have two of

8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

High probability...

"I have a theory"

100% maybe

LMAO

9. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Right now, the Rockets are looking good right now with the Brooklyn trade. On TANKATHON Brooklyn are in 10th place at this very moment in the NBA draft selection, and they have selected Tari and Cam with those previous Brooklyn picks.

Bridges has 3 years left on his contract(21 million, 23 million and 24 million) and 27 years old. Jalen will be 22 years old next month and will be looking for a big extension.

Trade: Brooklyn receives Green, Bullock, give Brooklyn back their 2026 FRP, all the swaps and seconds to the Nets(keep the 2024 FRP) and we receive Bridges.
    I would give up on Green, he is a average defender, a inconsistent scorer and a non-alpha leader…..a 6th Man

With Sengun, Bridges and FVV we would be in the playoffs, plays the other young guys and maybe upset somebody in the first round.

Bridges is a consistent shooter, all nba defender and a vocal leader.

shakes05, evo8lover and Crashlanded19 like this.
  10. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I think Bridges took a step back this year and has shown that his ceiling isn’t quite as high as everyone thought. I don’t think I would give the Nets back their picks when they are looking so good for that.

anthony59237 and BaselineFade like this.
  11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I like it but I think the Nets are going to ask for Cam or their 2024 pick to be included. Maybe they can take Tate off our hands, but I doubt Ime would let that happen.

12. kpdark

kpdark Member

my guess is, with the Bkn Picks and Swaps, Ime would try his hand on picking his own talents using his 'Team', [considering physical attributes, skills, mental aptitude, etc--things that he likes]... training them while also trying to win with current line-up[other players young or old maybe traded to mix and match Ime's preferences--in which will eventually lead to some glittery hardwares]

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess they would want control over their picks but Brooklyn never really cared about the draft.....in history.....

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would not give them any young players. I would not give them any deep 1sts.

They can have 2024 (Top 10) and 2025 (Top 5?) for Bridges, that's it. That, or F off.

SubE, Bo6, Astrodome and 1 other person like this.
  15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If we give them their pick back for this summer, that's going to be a top 5 pick for them. What would you expect from another team in return for trading a top 5 pick? You'd expect a Mikal Bridges type player. I don't know why we'd trade more than that to the Nets.

anthony59237, Y2JT, glynch and 2 others like this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

gitr dunn mauri!

i thought this year's draft class is weak sauce?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think that the Nets are tanking yet. They are still trying to win games. They just aren't very good. Everyone has severely overrated their players. They don't even have a #2 on a championship team. They have a horrible front office, but I think that better options will become available.

BamBam likes this.
  18. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The Nets have no reason to tank.

They can keep Bridges and create $78m in cap space in the coming offseason by moving Simmons - they also have the option to stretch him which would create $64.7m instead of the above $78m.

They have 8 first round picks. 5 of those are unprotected.

Brooklyn Nets - Future Draft Picks | Fanspo

Houston Rockets - Future Draft Picks | Fanspo

If they want to add talent, they have the means - they may actually be in better shape draft asset wise than the Rockets who have only 7 picks in the same timeframe and owe pick swaps to OKC on two of those that they do own making them even less valuable.

I wouldn't count on the Nets giving away Bridges.

19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I hope the Rockets aren't giving up any of Tari, Amen or Cam for Bridges.

Corpusfan, Y2JT, SubE and 1 other person like this.
  20. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Bravo. Sneakily disguised, random trade idea
    And it's time to trade jalen green with a side of fo all in with bkn picks.

Bravo