1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith Jr. is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jul 7, 2023.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

need update on Brooks too, our defense is ass without him anchoring

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We missed this man. I am convinced that the Jabari and Alperen frontcourt is a foundation worth building upon.

Great leaders and great workers who do not miss games. Tough bastards who are in it for their teammates.

Hoping that JG joins them with some consistent play to close out the season.

3. invocux

invocux Member

Google says his wingspan is only 7'1 which is disappointing. That will definitely cap his defensive ceiling.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

7'1 is pretty long. at least long enough.

tari's wingspan is 7'2

PJ's wingspan was 6'11

5. Socrates

Socrates Member

That's what she said

6. Melik

Melik Member

I think what is strange is the mentality of you and people like you. Look, my friend, you can point out where Sengun is inadequate. Or you can write about Sengun's shortcomings. There is nothing wrong with that. But you insult those who love sengun and then you attack them as if you did nothing, saying that you find their answers ridiculous. I think you are the one who should stop.

RudyTBag likes this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

54 posts in 21+ years and this one's a WINNER

evo8lover, plegus, Arnel and 4 others like this.
  8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

That's not too bad. 6'10 with a 7-1 wingspan. Kevin love only had a 6'11 wingspan.

Arnel and DreamShook like this.
  9. Dredd

Dredd Member

Jabari’s middle name is Montsho

The meaning of Montsho is : A black colored person. Gender. Girl. Origin. African.

DreamShook likes this.
  10. invocux

invocux Member

But Tari is not guarding 4s and 5s so him having 7'2 ws is huge. Jabari has Sengun's ws and we complain about Sengun being undersized.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is an odd name......

Dredd likes this.
  12. invocux

invocux Member

How is this ignoring any of them? You are about to burst into tears because some dudes are a little bit more passionate about the best player on this team than you are.

Melik and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I honestly don’t care much about the combine and listed measurements. On the court the guy looks like he has the length to guard all 5 positions eventually and he can shoot over nearly anyone. He was stiff as hell last year and really made a huge improvement over the offseason to make himself a more flexible athlete.

Whatever length he is he looks like a key cog whose elite skill is his flexibility to do so many things. I don’t think he’s as talented as Bosh was early on in his career but I do think hes got the potential to do many of the same things he did for Miami being sort of that superstar role player big who did a lot of everything.

I’m not worried because of a random measurement taken at some point over the past 4 years. What I see on the court tells the only story that matters.

Mathloom likes this.
  14. 34to11

34to11 Member

Let's be clear, this has nothing to do with Sengun and never has. So miss me with that stawman argument.
    Additionally, I have no issue with Sengun fans, it's the Sengunatics that I joyously chide and deride.
    They know who they are and they know exactly why I keep my foot on their necks.

Surely that's simple enough for even you to comprehend.

Now can we please stop derailing a Jabari Smith Jr thread just to assuage Gunatic insecurities.

15. Dredd

Dredd Member

Jabari looking horrible lately. Back to his average game again.

16. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

He's a 4th or 5th starter at best. Not anything wrong with that, well as a #3 pick it's not ideal but he'll never be a guy you expect 20 a night from.

Dredd likes this.
  17. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

i dont wanna see any more holiday minutes, our boys are ready!

in fact, because of that i’ve grown to HATE aaron holiday

18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Jabari is still coming off an ankle sprain, but his defense is still on point! He struggles a bit with the stronger guys but his activity has always been there and he's rotating really well.

A few bad shooting games on a painful ankle don't bother me at all. The things that he can control--effort, hustle, communicating on D...he's got that locked down

GotGame15 and RudyTBag like this.
  19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Horrible? What are you watching?

He is a huge reason we have won our last two games. We desperately missed him.

20. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Oh be quiet. He comes back from an ankle injury and immediately plays shut down D. Oh, and he’s 20. 20.

plegus and RudyTBag like this.