1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

UT Football Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Rockets1616, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Buck Turgidson

Hence the "not paying that much attention" :) Conference games will drastically change my mindset.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You think Ewers was alright ? He hit his head on that one play , seemed off

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Apparently, this game came with a side of breasts.

4. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

what?

5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Sarkisan is going to get his flowers from blind Texas fans pointing to UT's success as compared to the past.

They only ran the ball 18 times yesterday despite having a 7 yard per carry average.

They easily win that game, if they were more run dependent controlling the clock and putting Penix on the bench.

I would be super pissed if I were a UT fan today. They should have ran Baxter in to the ground yesterday.

Michigan is going to wipe Washington off the map imo.

mtbrays, raining threes and DaDakota like this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Run the ball and JAM/PRESS the receivers at the line to screw up the timing.

Sark was completely outcoached......

DD

raining threes likes this.
  7. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Can't believe Texas almost made an impossible comeback. UW was the better team w/ that penis QB - not sure what the odds makers saw in Texas being the favorite?

If Ewers comes back, I still think Arch beats him out for the starting job. I don't see how UT can give Ewers another chance - he had his moments but we need a playmaker and right now Arch has that potential.

8. Major

Major Member

This scenario comes up in games every week and there isn't a pro or college team anywhere that would do what you suggest. No one takes knees unless its victory formation You run it up the middle 3 times and tell your RB to just hold on to the ball and hope for a 1st down to end it. The injury situation is a total fluke and no team plans for that. You go for the 1st down so you avoid the scenario of a punt getting blocked or a bad snap on the punt or whatnot.

If not for the injury, no one would have even thought about it being a bad decision.

9. Buck Turgidson

I was yelling at the TV to just run the damn ball pretty much all game.

I don't know what color flowers he likes, because I'm apparently blind, but I'm not even angry about this. Yeah, it sucks. Oh well.

tmacfor35 and raining threes like this.
  10. Major

Major Member

Yeah, no possible way UT could ever go back to a guy who took them to within seconds of the national title game and took them to their best season - by far - in 15 years. Clearly need to go with the freshman who has thrown a handful of passes but has a fancy name so he must be great.

11. raining threes

Smh

12. raining threes

Agreed,

Some posters amaze me.

Blaming Ewers? SMH

Blaming Sark is another story. He crapped the bed on the biggest of stages.

Tuckmose likes this.
  13. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

That's about as big of an agree to disagree as I can state.
    Even IF what you say was true after the 1st two downs where they were stuffed for no gain and it was obvious they weren't going to make any yardage you take a knee on 3rd down and not chance it!

They got LUCKY!!!

14. Major

Major Member

Again, it happens every single week. Here it is in the Steelers game a few days ago:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay/_/gameId/401547636

3rd and 7 with 1 minute left. No timeouts, etc, etc. Steelers run it for 12 yards and seal the game. They could have simply taken a knee and instead of having to punt, they could have even then kicked a FG with 20 seconds to give themselves a 10 pt lead and ended it that way too.

Maybe you're right that teams should take a knee and punt. I'm saying they never do.

15. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

I'm sure it happens in the pros most of the time like that but college players aren't as reliable.
    I say there's quite a few college coaches who would do as I prescribed and even if they didn't on the 1st 2 downs they would have on 3rd the way it played out.
    Again, agree to disagree.

16. dmenacela

It's not a far stretched thought. Anything is possible. So you think Ewers is better. Fight me.

17. dmenacela

Yeah I said it. Not blaming Ewers but he could of done better.

18. Major

Major Member

Injuries have nothing to do with reliability. And college teams are also way less reliable at punt blocking. College coaches don't do what you suggested any more than pro coaches do.

19. Major

Major Member

How does "anything is possible" fit with your previous "I don't see how" UT can do it?

raining threes likes this.
  20. Major

Major Member