1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It is time... I have grown to hate Jock Landale.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Dec 29, 2023.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Did he though? I know he had his season high of 6 points, 1 rebound and Hollins was hyping him up on the broadcast, but did he really look good? I thought he looked below average at best.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  2. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Add Cam at the 3 in that second unit (as well as in the rotation in general) and you've got the most athletic backcourt in the NBA, with Tari disrupting for steals and pushing the break people wouldn't have a clue how to play us. You'd be dealing with relentless D and slow man ball or lightning fast running you out of the building. The difficulty might come when the 2nd unit develops (hopefully) to the level of starters and you have to integrate the styles. Amen, Jalen and Cam on paper if they all break out looks like overpowering athleticism, you don't cripple that by playing super slow, methodical offense where everything runs straight down the center of the key with no deviation beyond how many screens the PG lumbers back and forth between...

Y2JT likes this.
  3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Hollins is the worst. He absolutely drove me crazy with his “coach Stephen Silas” last season and his racist Mexican impression. We have never had a decent color analyst.

4. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

This is extremely disrespectful to Corey Brewer. He’s not even close to the Nix, Lamb, Dorsey class

macho GRANDE and Patience like this.
  5. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

The coach Stephen silas was so bad. He’s better this year but I still can’t stand him

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the former comets coach van something as well as calvin murphy were both good imo

cml750 and macho GRANDE like this.
  8. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

You trippin.. Brewer damn near killed me with his shenanigans.. I stayed laughing.

9. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Corey Brewer was co-author of one of the greatest playoff comebacks in franchise history.

10. roslolian

roslolian Member

If you ran the numbers you'd know "even if Brooks was the target" we only got Brooks with the money we paid for Brook Lopez. Brooks was signed for 21M, Lopez was gon a get signed for 25M. Rox had to trade the 3 musketeers to make room so how they gonna pay for Brooks? MLE? Lol. Who did we overpay who wasn't worth the money? Jock Landale? Dude Landale signed an unguaranteed deal worth 7M. You realize minimum contracts are worth 3M right? For Landale to agree to an unguaranteed contract for 4 yrs he has to get more than the minimum. Landale averaged 6/4 on 59% TS in just 15 mins of play, and played pretty much every game in PHX. Landale was a low risk medium reward play that didn't pan out. It happens. Look around the league 7M is below market rate for a backup big so unless you knew beforehand he'd be a scrub this year that was a great signing. In fact Stone deserves credit for making that signing unguaranteed ensuring we can recover if he was a scrub. You literally didn't get it, this is what contenders do they make backup plans because these GMs don't know the future.

1. On selling low - Lopez was worth more than Tyty, Garuba and Christopher together. The fact they didn't get a single minute till now shows that. It's not that the Rox didn't have PT for those guys it's that those guys are scrubs. They have next to zero value that's why they weren't worth anything. You keep saying Stone selled low but these guys haven't shown any value so far so how could he have sold low? Sold low on zero value players? Do you have evidence these were worth anything or just pulling **** outta your ass? Cuz it's 1/3 the season none of them have seen a second of play and they got cut signed to two ways.

2. Stone had no idea Lopez would back out. I dunno how you think he couldve handled it better other than having future sight and knowing the dude would flake out. Stone DID acquire Lopez, Lopez just backed out. Short of locking up Lopez till he signed the contract I dunno what you want Stone to do, he can't sign Lopez unless he cut the 3M. It's a baseless complaint only done with hindsight. In fact Stone said he had the option to back out of the Atlanta deal when Lopez backed out but didn't want to be a liar like Daryl Morey. I like that, maybe you don't but after seeing story upon of how Morey kept lying to everyone I find to refreshing to have a GM who sticks to his word instead of a lying sack of ****. This must be why Stone gets good karma and has really high luck.

3. Money wise the money on Lopez was spent on Brooks, Landale and Jeff Green. Roster wise we used the roster space on the 3 dudes to get Jock, Bullock and Jeff Green. Jock and Bullock have been horrible but Jeff Green has been a key addition and worth more than the 3 musketeers. As bad as Jock and Bullock have been at least they played on the court unlike 3 musketeers who all got cut and signed to two ways. Anybody complaining how we should have kept 3 musketeers don't have a clue. Do you have a clue? Or would really rather have 3M over freaking Jeff Green? Get a clue dude.

In short your complaints are short sighted and only possible with hind sight. At the moment when these moves were done there's nothing wrong with what Stone did, the only way he could've predicted these is if he could time travel back to the past like you are trying to do.

Look I'll prove it to you. Look back on the Landale thread and see how many were saying Landale and Bullock were gonna be good signings. How many people said he was gonna be a total scrub and score only 35% FG? Nobody right? So now don't come back with hind sight and say that was a bad move cuz anybody can do that. Oh man, Rox should have traded into the top 20 and drafted Jaime JJ and Brandin Poziemski! I'm sure they would be the steals of the draft! Lol see how easy that is?

#110 roslolian, Dec 31, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2023
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

OkayAyeReloaded and macho GRANDE like this.
  12. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

I hate Landale too

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He’s making 8mm this year and will be cut. Barely anything relative to the NBA these days.

It’s on Udoka.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I don't hate him, he just doesn't seem to be a good NBA player. And that last play against Philly made him look pretty stupid.

jim1961 likes this.