1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

SG Trade targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T-Mike, Dec 27, 2023.

1. TheBeastSystem

luke kennard over malcolm brogdon

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Zach Levine has proven himself to be a talented and efficient scorer, but he only cares about himself and his personality is toxic.

One game last year where Lavine was especially awful, Donovan benched him down the stretch and the Bulls won. Zach let it be known he was ticked. Their shaky relationship hasn't recovered.

Jontro and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

If we trade for a SG, my realistic target is Dejounte Murray. That's who I want. His fit would be perfect IMO -- can play on or off ball, same age as Brooks, decent spacer, played great defense for the Spurs, locked into a good contract for the same length as Brooks contract (2028 is a player option for Murray). He just makes so much sense.

A lineup of FVV / Murray / Brooks / Smith / Sengun wins a lot of games now, and we still have great developmental prospects in Eason, Amen, and Whitmore.

4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I just don't see the point of it at this stage. We're way ahead of schedule, we were supposed to win 30 games this year. This team is overachieving in every way possible, just give it time. I don't want to give up any assets at this point and I don't think we need another SG. What if Jalen snaps out of his funk and Ime sets him straight? Or what if Cam Whitmore turns out to be an all star?

Look at what happened with the clippers and SGA. Are we really gonna give up some combination of Jalen/Cam/Amen/whoever plus picks to get a dude like Donovan Mitchell? Zach Lavine? Dejounte Murray? There's no reason to risk that. I really just wanna let our guys develop and improve while retaining all our assets for when we become a serious playoff team. Right now we are not that.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'd call Pistons to see if they're willing to part with Cade if we give up some BKN picks.

Pistons will for sure have to do another 5 years of re-tanking because outside of Cade, their picks have been horrible and I doubt Cade wants to stick around for that.

jcmoon and roslolian like this.
  6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Trade Tate, Landale and a couple 2nd rounders for Brogdon.

invocux, Fulgore, ramotadab and 3 others like this.
  7. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Said it many times this is the move. May have to give up a FRP or swap to make it happen though.

Aruba77 likes this.
  8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

That’s why none of these people are GM’s. They’d Prob execute some of the worst trades in history.

#68 Stephen_A, Dec 28, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Never underestimate what the Kings are capable of when it comes to trading away players.

jim1961 likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This is the only right answer if you're sending out Jalen Green.

Believe It! and shakes05 like this.
  11. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why would Cleveland do it? They are solidly in the playoffs and are playing pretty well without Mobley.

roslolian likes this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

No particular order:

Brogdon
    Gary Trent Jr.
    Caruso
    Donovan Mitchell

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is exactly the point to strike......and not rest on your laurels.....it is like breathing down the neck of your prey and then let it go when you can snap its neck.....

But most importantly is try to ship out Landale and sign any Center that can roll and finish....and make the pass to the shooters.

I know this is an SG thread but dang, the Center position is more important.

jim1961 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

The Rockets don’t just need a SG, they need someone that can carry a high scoring load.

At this point trading for a SG with limited upside, even if it is an improvement, is foolish.

The only one that could make sense to me, and is possibly realistic, is Jalen Green for Jayden Ivey.

They both get a change of scenery. Ivey has an extra year of control, and the Pistons get a more natural shooting guard.

Ivey works very hard, and is in a bad situation in Detroit, but has some genuine concerns. I think the Rockets would have to bank on Ivey’s hard work paying off with a better coach and players around him.

For Detroit, they get likely the more talented player and a better fit next to Cunningham.

I still think the smartest play for the Rockets to let Green play out this year and see if he breaks through. I don’t see any obvious breakout candidates the Rockets can trade for.

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Brogdon….Blazers wants a young player
    Gary Trent Jr……Raptors will not trade with us
    Caruso…….at least a 1 round draft pick and another player
    Donovan Mitchell…….young player and draft pick

I would not trade for any of these players. When Phoenix fall on their face next month, we should call them for Eric Gordon he will only cost 2 2nd rounds

jcmoon likes this.
  16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

And people complain about Cam being a black hole ..... EG never saw a shot he didn't like.

I know most liked him while he was here, but I couldn't stand his game - Shooting 3's from the logo .... driving the lane like a bull in a china shop, did he ever pass out of a drive in his 5+ years here? Head down ass up.

I do give him credit for being a solid defender.

17. raining threes

At this point, just give Cam about 20 mins per game and lets see how he does. Cant be worse than Green's been this season.

invocux likes this.
  18. eman

eman Contributing Member

The Mayor: Gerald Green. Give the man a 10-day look.

The President: Would love to get Brogdon as a PG/SG. Reminds me Of Jason Kidd.

Little Bit likes this.
  19. Garner

Garner Member

Jordan Clarkson + Olynk for Green + Pick(s)

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

Pretty much this unless somehow Maxey or Bane shake loose, which I doubt will happen.

Some of the names people are floating either are not difference makers (Trent Jr), don't match our timeline (LaVine, Mitchell, Murray, Bridges), or both (Brogdon).

Nook likes this.