1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Sixers @ Rockets 12/29/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 28, 2023.

1. WestendMassive

What the hell is going on in China? Lol how is pizza an Australian food? Did they whack a meat pie on it? A spoonful of Vegemite? Is there beer on it? I have so many questions

sirjesse likes this.
  2. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I think a Harden level passer could make that cross court pass but not many players would be able to let alone jalen.

Besides actually having jock in the game in the first place, this is jocks fault.

He set a terrrrible pick which lead to a fast double team.

He then rolled and caught a good pasd that was the correct play.

Had players WIDE open at the 3 to pass to and just did the most absurd, non layup attempt, where he just threw the ball at the rim and complained about a foul.

I think i want jalen taking that shot and living and dying with it, but it needs to be an iso, not a pnr with a terrible player. But i think jalen made the correct read and play.

roslolian likes this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Very disappointing ....we wasted a game that should have been a win. Great scoring from FVV,Alpy and Jalen. However, same old story.....defense was ATROCIOUS...Maxey could score whenever he wanted. 76ers made 8 more FT than we shot.We turned it over 6 more times as well. We gave up 41 pts. in the 4th qtr. alone...that's 41 pts ! We shot 53.8% from the field and 46.7% from 3....you can and SHOULD win with those numbers.
    However, giving up 131 pts...with 41 of those coming in the final period is absolutely unacceptable. We are really not that far away from where we want to be. But, we need a rim protector...BADLY. Moreso than a shooter IMO. Alpy is great offensively but not not so much defensively. We can be better offensively(better shooting) but if we are giving it right back on the defensive end, it's not going to cut it. We are missing Brooks and Bari and will be better when they return but we need a backup BIG.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You don't play Bullock or Whitmore you aren't going to win.

DD

5. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I mean final play down 3, those are 2 guys im playing over tate 100%.

PeterKingX and Y2JT like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

Amen's clips tonight, including some of the hustle.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chill.....it should write that is an Australian export food company.....

9. WestendMassive

We export a lot of premium food products to China but pizza definitely isn't one of them.

I hope we stop exporting basketball players to the Houston Rockets though. Imagine becoming a worse Aussie Rocket than Brad Newley, who never even played a game. Jock Landale should go ahead and start negotiating with the Illawarra Hawks

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Good game in the long run. Feels like we have JG heading in the right direction again, and hopefully it continues when DB and Jabari are back next week.

Tate/Landale have been damn hard to watch.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I wondered too and there were also tensions with import/export between those 2, but there is more bizarre things than a Pizza from Australia....

for example why Landale is still in the NBA.....

12. JW86

JW86 Member

It's unfortunate our coaching staff and or our players do not set up plays for FVV in this game, because he could've had way more threes if they did. I loved that finally FVV had a breakout game though, Green had less slip ups or at least made up for it, that Tari & FVV were all over their guys to get steals and Sengun of course showing off that footwork that was just nasty. On defense, we made some dumb mistakes, getting physical when it's not needed - Tari and Tate - and we keep jumping at 3pt shooters and those have cost us several times in the 4th in several games now.

My biggest issue was the 4th quarter, once we were up 10, we took a bit of a breather as Jeff Green didn't anticipate Beverley getting into the lane, nobody giving Beverley any resistance to drive it to the basket and then the play right after nobody boxes the little guy out. Those 2 plays stood out to me as it went from 10 to 6 just by letting up, taking a bit of a breather it seemed, not paying attention and just allowing them to get easy points. Then you had Beverley getting an offensive rebound in the last few minutes, they were in the bonus and Tari jumps at him and hits him. 2 FTs. Those he has to cut out!

I will defend Tari & Jeff Green though on that supposed foul on Maxey, that was a clean block by both or whoever got him and Maxey clearly jumped into them. He's getting Harden superstar calls and that's one thing that also cost us. That being said, I didn't like some of our coverages like the smallest player on Tobias, no zone and Ime's odd line-up choices. He's a solid coach with a solid staff who've done a lot for us, but Ime has some serious head scratchers when it comes to line-ups and strategy on offense at times.

This was a winnable game, so no way Jock should've been in there for as long as he did. I rather would've had Boban in there. Cannot completely fault our coaches either, Stone messed up by not signing a proper big. Even if he was just a big body like Mo Bamba. Would've done a lot for us in games like this. Bullock unfortunately hasn't panned out and I can only roll my eyes at DD trying to make it seem like him not being in there is the same as Cam not getting minutes. I do think Cam should've gotten a shot at showing what he could do since Amen wasn't getting it done.

All in all a very solid game and the mistakes will diminish as the season and years progress for some of these guys. We will be fine, just a shame to waste such a great night of FVV and Green on a loss that we only have ourselves to blame for.

Stephen_A, BigMaloe, Shark44 and 3 others like this.
  13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Rockets ex-player synergy too strong tonight. On to the next game.

Stephen_A and daywalker02 like this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You knew when Mook Morris was holding onto the ball like a certain Chuck Hayes.

Dredd and Entropy like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

Jalen made the correct call even the commentator said it. The play was give it to Landale then Landale throws it to whoever was open. I dunno why people are blaming Green.

Stephen_A, BigMaloe and tagedieb like this.
  16. Dredd

Dredd Member

they made a video of him with 1 point? Man we are desperate. Guys a project high school player. Never draft g league players ever again.

17. Holybats

Holybats Member

Nope. He has to shoot.

18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was really disappointed Cam didn't play last night. I just don't get it. He shot really well the last 2 games when he actually got decent minutes. He has a better shooting % than Amen, and that includes in the G League too. Thompson got a single point in 9 minutes, and Holiday got 4 pts in 15 minutes. I have no doubt Cam would have scored more than those two combined.

What is it? What am I missing? Are Thompson and Holiday way better on defense or what? I haven't watched enough of Cam to know, but I do know I liked what I saw his last two games.

roslolian likes this.
  19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah he isn't MJ or Kobe taking contested Js ain't it. Passing to Landale doesn't mean he won't shoot it's called misdirection and repositioning look it up.

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Amen isn't from GLeague he is from OTE.

Os Trigonum likes this.