1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is the sincerity of fans but also what the NBA is about.....fans choose their favorite players early on and if it is a project then more than not that project might not work out.

That is why I always caution to pick a player until I know that player is high IQ, fundamentally sound like Sengün, it worked out well for me at least this time. There is luck involved for sure and a good eye.

Some people are wiser and some are not next time.

He might still turn out alright but I would never pick the same type of player again.

I cannot buy anything with a hometown discount.

Roomba likes this.
  2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Jalen is costing this team wins.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  3. CXbby

CXbby Member

1. Yes he is.
    2. Do you know how fortunate we are to be finding this out BEFORE we paid him?

Imagine losing games because Jalen while paying him the max for the next 5 years. Look on the bright side.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cade is in the midst of a 27 game losing streak but at least he is showing signs of flashing star potential. Jalen is on a much better team but getting demoted to a 20 minute per game role.

5. spankz141

spankz141 Member

He is in a major slump...with that being said he is way too young to give up on. I think he will eventually learn to play within the offense and get his confidence back.

6. DaDakota

I like that CX - as sad as that is.....it is a great way to look at it, the question is how long does Ime hold on before moving on.

DD

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Cade was great tonight. He's talented, understands basketball, makes plays in crunch time and has nerves of steel. All he needs is a legit coach he can believe in and some clear direction.

(Yes, I was cheating on the Rockets, watching the final quarter of Nets/Pistons with one eye)

DaDakota likes this.
  8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Big steps backwards at this point. I don’t know what to do with him but DD is correct when he says Jalen is costing us games. Said it a million times before and it’s still true: he’s a make or miss player that offers little to nothing else when his shot isn’t falling.

clutchdabear likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Trade Jalen and all the Brooklyn picks to Detroit for Cade.....

DD

Jontro likes this.
  10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Trade Jalen for a Brooklyn or Detroit style pizza and a large cherry coke.

11. DaDakota

Ooooh, like a Via 313 Detroiter? Man, I love me some Detroit style pizza - good call.

He might be only good for a day old 1/3rd refrigerated version though.

;)

DD

Jontro and MadMax like this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yeah right. Pistons would even waste their time laughing.

I'll repeat something: Jalen's trade value is a 2nd round pick. The idea of him being the headliner of a trade to get a much better player is Fantasy.

Would you give up Bari and Tari to get Cade?
    Didn't think so.

GOATuve likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There’s a reason we tried to trade up to one to get cade

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

So many Jalen Green Haters all the sudden .....

Welcome to the dark side?

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Sam Vecenie has a reputation to uphold and is trying to deflect by claiming “he hasn’t been high on Jalen for awhile”. Definitely not playing it off as a bad stretch, more like some of us who never liked the pick to begin with. (Sam did like the pick at the time and is now backtracking)

17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I just imagine Alpi/Green swapped draft positions and tell myself we picked the best player at #2 and a project SG at #16. Makes me feel better.

Easy, Y2JT, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  18. OpportunityCost

Sengun is good but he's not a #2 pick IMO. That would've been Barnes or Mobley.

Corrosion likes this.
  19. OpportunityCost

Just like I never wanted Dana Holgorsen as the HC of UH I l never wanted this pick.

20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Dennis Rodman, and he wore dresses, lipstick and the whole 9 yards. Has also won more rings than our team has in its entire history. Y'all really should get with the times, it isn't 1955 any more, people wearing nail polish is no big deal. ****, the vast majority of extreme metal fans do, and they literally beat the ever living **** out of each other at concerts for fun. But sure, keep running with the bizarre archaic attitude that somebody painting their nails means they must be feminine.

IvanLCPM, anchel, topfive and 3 others like this.