1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Pacers @ Rockets 12/26/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 24, 2023.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah on offense he’s not even involved in the action. When that second unit was in, the ball was touching everybody hand. Jalen went a couple of possesion without ever even touching the all and then when he did he quickly passed it. Ime and staff needs to sit down and do some personal film session. Jalen doesn’t know his role in the offense or what to do.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Jalen is our Markelle Fultz, loved by Jalen only fans, skeptical by team first fans.. will eventually get traded for peanuts.

Tankeio likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Honestly if Jalen is going to be just a corner guy for the rest of the season you probably want to just trade him now because his value isn't going to get any higher playing that role. Might as well just get something for what other teams might see what they can do with his talent.

Like it's like he isn't part of the team anymore. He's quiet. Barely talks to teammates. Just looks depressed.

4. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Right? Dude has no court presence which is not a great sign by stretch. Still, his youth has to be a considered a silver lining. Talent is off the charts. He’s got Ja like (probably not but he’s not tooo far behind) athleticism with a lightning first step…

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's a distant 5th option on offense, he doesn't really move well off ball either so he's kinda just there. Everyone pretty much ignores him and he's not asking for the ball either

6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Green hasn't performed / improved as any one has hoped, I am sure himself included. I am just saying that we have so much else to be excited about right now that whether Green figures it out or not is no where near my mind. I suppose that gives me the luxury to be excited in the areas where he HAS improved immensely.

Hakeemtheking, gotsis and BigMaloe like this.
  7. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

:confused::eek:

Tfor3 and PWR like this.
  8. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I’ve never seen a player that loose the handle of the ball much as Jalen. Corey Brewer was up there but not as bad..

Snow Villiers likes this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Pepperidge Farm remembers when level heads were trying to remind people of Ben McLemore pre-draft and to have more realistic expectations. We were **** all over lmao

turns out he’s even WORSE than Ben McLemore. At least he could shoot!

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The chick needs to be closer to the camera!

DeBeards, Tfor3 and PWR like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can quit with the patience my man. It’s not “impatient” to recognize a 3rd year player who’s awful.

MoochiSmoochi likes this.
  12. MystikArkitect

Sengun shithouses his way to 14/6/3. If Bari gets it together in the 2H this one's a wrap.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  13. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Why in the hell can't we not have the ball go into the post and kick it out to open shooters. We force a lot of 1 on 2 and 1on 3 in the post. Works pretty well overall but need to pass out a little more. JMO.

14. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

he lost his powers when we cut his best basketball buddy KPJ

15. WestendMassive

Booker T should do every halftime

BHannes2BHonest and J Rock like this.
  16. Salvy

Salvy Member

WTF?? This should be bikini mud wrestling...

Tfor3, DeBeards, clutchdabear and 3 others like this.
  17. conquistador#11

Loved what the bench did out there. Need that 2 out of every 3 games from them. Outscored their bench 28-20.

Looks like they will be trapping Alpi from now on.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Sengun is a bit slow in that regard imo, he doesn't kick it very smoothly

20. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

So much focus and talk on where Jalen is struggling and why he needs to be benched or traded.

But I see that over the top pass to DB and how willing a passer and while I get he can get sloppy with the ball, he has decent handles and playmaking ability. This is his first season of accountability and likely being coached out of some bad habits instilled during the SIlas era.

My point being, all you Jalen critics...

Calm down.

BigMaloe and javal_lon like this.