1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Things That Annoy You

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Kevooooo, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Buck Turgidson

I know nothing about wrapping paper, but there are a few things you should never scrimp on: aluminum foil, ziplocs, toilet paper, paper towels, etc...

eta: ductape

#281 Buck Turgidson, Dec 25, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2023
    ROCKSS, Xerobull and FrontRunner like this.
  2. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

In my town in Tennesse not being able to buy beer before noon. I’ve had to miss too many kickoffs.

ROCKSS likes this.
  3. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Agree. The type with the lines on the inside to help you cut and situate things are really nice. So are the thick ones that you can reverse.

That tape that is slightly opaque sucks too. Spend a nickel more and get the clear stuff which looks so much better.

Xerobull likes this.
  4. body slam

body slam Member

getting stuck in a group text

Ubiquitin, FrontRunner and Hemingway like this.
  5. droxford

droxford Member

The lighting of fireworks on Christmas eve and Christmas day.

WTF?!?! This seems to have started a couple of years ago.

It's annoying. Christmas isn't a fireworks holiday. Save it for New Years.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This might be more than an annoyance.

What the Brits call Bacon.
    Undercooked, rubbery fatty strips of cured meat isn’t bacon.

The whole breakfast of baked beans, rubbery bacon, pale sausage, and runny eggs on white bread that is traditional English breakfast is a culinary abomination.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

these Google vs iPhone commercials

whoever created and produced it, I hope your dreams never come true

8. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yes to this a thousand times. The English have to import their good restaurants. Indian food is great there. I have had some of the best steaks in my life in England, but they cost 200 pounds.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Extended family members showing you tiktok clips from their phones.

I don't care. I don't care. I really, really don't care. Someone mouthed a line from a movie scene? I don't ****ing care. The 3rd and 4th clip of the same thing won't make me care either.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Yep. I’m in Singapore now and was at a breakfast Buffet and they had all this great curry and noodle soups but since it’s a former British colony and also has to cater to Brit tourists they had very rubbery bacon and baked beans. The contrast of flavors and textures was shocking

11. Buck Turgidson

Don't forget the mushrooms!

[​IMG]

Ubiquitin likes this.
  12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

When I was there a couple years ago, I thought I was going to get salmonella from their "bacon". Best restaurant I had in London was a French place run by Turkish guys. Everything else I had in England was terrible.

Ubiquitin and rocketsjudoka like this.
  13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Pretty annoyed at this situation that occurred this morning at HD. But it goes for any “baggers,” or check out people. I placed a decent size order online for 10 bags of paver sand and 10 bags of gravel. Not an enormous order, but probably too much weight for one cart and one person in poorly gripped tennis shoes. So not only is there too much weight, the cart wheel is broken. So I can’t easily turn or get it moving once I start. Additionally there are 4 long edging pieces sticking out so ever turn or when I get off course, it knocks into things. As I’m struggling, and I mean almost running in place because of my shitty shoes, nobody offers to help. And if you know Hd, you know how far you sometimes have to walk to find a flat bed, so I wasn’t going hunting and splitting the order myself.

and then at grocery stores… do they only give that bagging position to the idiots? They just throw **** in bags, sometimes literally, the throw the tomatoes and soft fruit down the belt and it smashes into the end. They but heavy stuff on soft stuff. Hot with cold. Like wtf people?! I feel so relieved when they aren’t there to bag for me bc I feel awkward having the “don’t worry I’ll bag”-“no, sir I’m happy to”-“no really, I’ll bag”-exchange.

now I’m too tired to finish this patio lol

14. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Brits and Irish limit their taste buds when it comes to beans or salad dressings. You get 1 or 2 choices. Their shelves are lined with baked beans, baked beans, and baked beans. Salad dressings are Italian, mayo, and maybe one or 2 other choices if you're lucky. It's not like HEB where you have a hundred different varieties of salad dressings, and all kinds of beans.

15. SuraGotMadHops

I saw someone say somewhere "the Brits eat like the Germans are still flying overhead" and I laughed so hard. Their food is TERRIBLE.

16. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Just left Austria, and the food wasn’t any better than the Brits food. Wiener-schnitzel!?! Not even sure their spice cabinet had salt and pepper. Fortunately in Florence today where food is life.

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

As @MadMax knows I love the Irish but not their food. Unfortunately can’t blame this on the English as their tastebuds might be blander than the English.

MadMax likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The mushrooms and grilled tomato. Doesn’t add much. Ironically the one thing I like on that that others find disgusting is the black pudding.

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I’m in Asia right now spending time with family but I still have to work. I can thanks but to all the technology I can. Unfortunately can’t do anything about the curvature of the Earth so I’ve been doing Teams calls at 3 and 4 am and have to wake up
    In the middle of the night to check on emails as am dealing with a very tight timeline on a project.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Things have gone way better for us on this side of the pond from a culinary perspective. Particularly those of us in Houston :)

the spicier the food, the better

Ubiquitin likes this.