1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Know I'm getting repetitive, but Olynyk is still the guy I want to help with our shooting and overall offense when the bench comes in. He just dropped 27 points while outplaying all of Detroit's big men including Stewart. I think he'd be worth a first rounder & salary filler.

fattz, dawesome, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

He's 32, 33 and is an expiring contract. He'd help in the 2-3 minutes in a typical game lately when Sengun and Tari are both off the court this year, but not worth giving up a 1st rounder for half a season's work.

fattz likes this.
  3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

For Landale, Bullock and the Nets pick top 10 protected I'm in on Stewart. I feel like for Udoka it's a similar project to Brooks. Getting a dawg to make wiser decisions.

I'm really liking the idea of a Sengun/Jabari/Stewart big man rotation. Stewart has a 7'4 wingspan I'm not worried about his height. Locked up for 4 years in case we need to flip him.

I hope the FO is looking into this. Would help our playoff run a lot if you ask me. A guy who can spread the floor while keeping the defense afloat is worth a lot to us.

fattz likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

I mean we kind of already discussed it, but I do think Lauri is around the same level as those guys

I would offer Green + three picks and see if Ainge bites. Those Brooklyn picks could be worth more than any individual pick OKC has on offer

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Trade incoming?

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I liked Tyus as an option before we signed Fred, but now IDK. Don't want to kill Amen's minutes entirely--this is still a developmental season.

fattz, Y2JT and jim1961 like this.
  9. conquistador#11

I had given up on Tyus ever being a Rocket. Why do they give us hope.

Tate and Landale to Celtics/76 3rs for anything to clear minutes. I would only trade Tate to a contender. After doing time with Silas, I would not send him to a bottom feeder. We men' we have to have a code.

Acquire Tyus and he is the back up point. 43% 3 ball and 54% corner threes! Not an outlier.

Amen then plays point Forward off the bench.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

11. Dredd

Dredd Member

Jalen and Tate for Benedict Mathurin & anyone.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like the idea of Olynyk and think he'd be a real good fit .... and you could play him in combination with either Sengun or Jabari.

Hell, I was kinda upset that they didn't try to keep him as a free agent after he played so well here ....

The only problem is his contract. He's an expiring and I don't want to give up premium assets for a half season rental.

I'd rather use that pick in the coming draft on one of the quality big men that are expected to be available when that pick comes up. There's like 6-8 bigs that are expected to go from the late lottery to about 22nd.

That just seems like a better use of assets - both in cap space and years of control than a rental for a team that isn't projected to produce a deep playoff run.

The other option is targeting a player who fits well but has a multi-year contract. (I have no idea who).

#672 Corrosion, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
    Mathloom and OremLK like this.
  13. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

14. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I like the idea but the price is too high. Maybe a late first round pick for Olynyk + a second round pick. Basically they move up ten-ish spots in the draft. That's a good deal, doubt they get more from anyone.

Probably send them Landale. No point keeping him and they probably have minutes for him.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I know you guys are paranoid about Ainge wanting the world for everything, but an expiring 33 year old Olynik is not pushing anyone over the edge beside solidifying the line up prior to the playoffs. Ainge will get 1 or 2 SRPs for him and he will like it. Bring Olynik home @Os Trigonum .

Os Trigonum likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

My random trade suggestion are two different trades.

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-26-2023_12-05-17AM.png

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_12-26-2023_12-06-48AM.png

I'm not necessarily itching to trade Green away, since really do want to be patient with him, however, at the same time if we can convince Donovan prior to the trade that this team is his best chance at winning a championship in the future with solid veteran leaders (Brooks, Vanvleet, Green) and very good young players (Sengun, Eason, Thompson, and Jabari) with an amazing coach, I think you think about it. You also trade for Olynik because we really do need a good back up big. Although he isn't the vertical type that Udoka would want, he would be a good back up to Sengun that's another solid veteran for the end of the year. For Olynik you give up just SRPs and for Donovan, you may give another unprotected pick to the Bulls, but honestly, they are getting a really good prospect in Green, so may get away with not given up another pick. The Cavaliers get themselves another really good SG to replace Mitchell.

Feel these are good trades that gets everyone what they want. I threw in the Pistons and Raptors in there just because we need teams to make the salaries all work plus Pistons are looking for veteran players and Raptors will probably have to tear the house down soon so this gives them a really good young prospect.

I also avoided trading Uncle Jeff because he is good for this team.

C - Sengun/Olynik/Green
    PF - Smith/Eason/Green
    SF - Brooks/Eason
    SG - Mitchell/Thompson
    PG -Vanvleet/Holiday

#677 ElPigto, Dec 26, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Trading Jalen is dumb. It would be buying high and selling low, you only do that if you got a bust. Like on the surface how much would Jalen get you? Maybe 1-2 low frps, if I were another team I wouldn't trade more than that for him right now cuz the dude can't hit the broad side of a barn. He is basically Killian Hayes and if the Pistons offered us KH how much would you trade for him? That's why any proposal that has him is just a mistake RN, cost-benefit says you keep him and either he blows up and you profit from the 2nd pick you used on him or he doesn't and you sign him to a team friendly deal. Maybe he leaves in FA but if that happens you aren't Missing much. Low frp isn't worth crying over or worth the risk of losing him if he blows up IMO.

With that said we need a backup C, backup pg and a reliable 3nD. My targets would be Olynk, Tyus Jones, Bald Mamba and Yuta Watanabe. I'd be OK with trading the Nets lotto pick for Alex Caruso or Tyus Jones, the rest would have to be Swaps, 2nd rounders and our own low frps.

Caruso and Tyus Jones are exactly what our team needs, both are extremely efficient, insane defensively (esp Caruso) and provide playmaking. If we can get either or esp Caruso I think we are ready to compete for top 4 in the West. Can you imagine the wing defense with Caruso and Dillon Brooks, then Amen and Tari coming off the bench? That would be crazy.

#678 roslolian, Dec 26, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  19. Mathloom

Supporting Member

There's no one on this roster who can drive from the perimeter and make defenses collapse. Best we have is Jalen basically. FVV, Brooks, Tari, Jabari, Tate are not good at it in high volumes. Cam and Amen untested and still getting acclimated. That's a major reason why our offensive rating is so poor. It's a core function everyone else is getting that from their starters. Sengun needs help and FVV driving into the paint ain't it.

Really want to acquire a 6th man SG scorer but I feel like Amen and Cam can start contributing at any moment. Tricky situation to be in with Jalen struggling.

IvanLCPM, Hemingway and roslolian like this.
  20. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

This is exactly how I feel.

Mathloom likes this.