1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Smith #1 scoring option.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Dec 23, 2023.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

He shouldn't be leading the team in shot attempts, simply because he cannot get his own shot all the time. He needs to be set up.

He 100% needs to be given a fair few of Jalen's shot attempts though.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No it isn’t

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I think that was some of the posters’ point is he needs more shots in regards to his ppg you pointed out.

To me he is currently the player on the team most conducive to winning a championship. Perhaps not the best player on a championship team. But the player that will be a winning player in almost any situation.

As many people including me when he was drafted a player akin to a taller Klay Thompson. Hopefully he can improve to get to the player Klay was one day.

4. invocux

invocux Member

He absolutely can't be the #1 option. I like him a lot but his ceiling is MPJ.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Forget about a taller Klay. I want him to be a Giannis with a jumper (and 80% FT shooting). :D

anthony59237 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Easy likes this.
  7. Radricky

Radricky Member

Jabari has a little bit of a sassy b**** in him and I love it

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

9. spankz141

spankz141 Member

His game reminds me of Bosh...good all around player...good 3rd option. He can create his own shot but the next step should be creating for his teammates...if develops that...then I can see him as the first or second options! He is nowhere close to that but he his young enough to develope that

Hakeemtheking and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

Jabari’s true value comes from that he doesn’t need much touch to help teams to win. The things that what he been doing past 3 games are the player that teams drool over and gives a lot to add to their team.

11. maj21

maj21 Member

@fchowd0311 stop with your Jalen agenda, he’s making you look bad lol