1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 6: Green & Redemption

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Apr 5, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The word Greenhorn got exactly its meaning.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder what the Rockets record is in games where Jalen is benched to finish the game.

GotGame15 likes this.
  3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This is where I am too. A modicum of improvement off of really bad is still bad. Or at least below average. I’m not gonna pretend to have inside knowledge on trade opportunities, but this is not a franchise player. I’m not saying they have to trade him now. So I’m probably grouped in with the CuLt among people who still defend this….but I’m not advocating for moves that hurt the franchise or don’t maximize value. But y’all have to stop pretending this guy is worth waiting on. He’s not.

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

So when does Chapter 7 start?

GotGame15 and BigShasta like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Coming from you that's a big admission!

Corrosion likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

We're at Chapter 11.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's like a father admitting they don't love their son. Absolutely heartbreaking.

Hakeemtheking and Corrosion like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

As long as Jalen is a Rocket and does not have cancerous attitude, I'll root for him.

I keep reminding myself how terrible Jabari was most of last season. I almost lost faith. There is always hope.

Now, I know people will reply my post by saying something like, Jabari had much better fundamentals. And I don't disagree. I have always had more confidence in Jabari than in Jalen. But I am not giving up yet. And like I've been arguing in many threads, trading him now is not a rational move unless there is something really great in return. So like it or not, we are stuck with him for at least a year or two. Might as well pray that he will pan out. I've seen more unlikely miracle happen.

9. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

the fact that they are better without him and play more cohesive without him + Jabari is showing true promise doesn't bode well for him or the Rockets. I wouldn't be shocked at all if he asks out this summer and gets signed + traded. Jalen doesn't strike me as the guy who is comfortable sitting as long as they win and I don't blame him at his age. I do blame him for being bad though. ****, I wouldn't be shocked if they call up Toronto and offer Jalen, Oladipo and BK's lotto pick for OG.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

can't wait for chapter 7: green traded for cade.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Chapter 8: Closer to Corey than Kobe

clutchdabear and Jontro like this.
  12. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This Jalen Green chapter book stuff has been pretty cringe even by Clutchfans standards.

13. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think a lot of us have a soft spot for Jalen because he was that first ray of hope after that absolutely disgusting 2020-21 season where we had to watch a washed up John Wall and Christian Wood lead us for much of the year.

Getting that number #2 pick was probably the most fun thing to happen to me as a Rockets fan that entire year, and Jalen, for all the gripes we have about him now, was a fun player to watch after he got rid of those first few jittery months.

That's also why I hope that he can turn things around, because I can see Alpi becoming a star, Jabari gaining confidence game-by-game, and Tari wreaking havoc on opposing teams. But there's something special about your first, and Jalen was the first piece of our rebuild.

I don't know what expectations are realistic at this point, but we're in a good place right now, whether he does well or not.

Jontro, Hakeemtheking, Easy and 2 others like this.
  14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

19 year old jalen green: 42.6 FG%, 34.3 3P%

20 year old jalen green: 41.7 FG%, 33.8 3P%

21 year old jalen green: 39.9 FG%, 33.3 3P%

yuck

PeterKingX, GotGame15, Amiga and 7 others like this.
  15. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I think it’s gotten to his head and he now knows udoka doesn’t trust him that much and that every move and or mistake he makes is being watched and pressure is mounting on his shoulder. Either he finds way out or he’s asking out.

16. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think this is his groove for the most part.

This is who he has been since he was drafted.

The percentages are about the same. Only difference is last year he got more shots which raised his ppg.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

His rookie season I felt like after the all star break he played more under control. That's when he showed the most promise as he was putting up crazy numbers to end the season. This year I feel like he just drives really fast at the rim and once he meets a defender he just looks around hoping to get a call and doesn't finish. To end his rookie season he shot a lot more floaters, stopped in the paint hit turn around etc. I dunno why he stopped doing that. This driving full speed at the basket is just not working for him.

Crashlanded19 and Roomba like this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Those are some Benjamin Button-esque numbers

Jontro and Rokman like this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If Jalen is moved and/or theres no dramatic improvement while hes here it won't bother me much because i believe in the other young players.

Im disappointed in Jalen because I did believe in him at one point too. But i bleed Rockets red...and if getting rid of Jalen or reducing his role helps the team win, then thats what i want them to do.

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jabari struggled his rookie year transitioning to the NBA and is showing clear improvement in Year 2 across the board.

Jalen Green is in Year 3 and has arguably regressed to levels below his rookie year.

Not comparable situations.