1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Pelicans 12/23/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 23, 2023.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

This Jalen still better than rookie Jalen when it comes to defense and play making. Rookie Jalen would be nailed to the bench similar to Cam.

Jalen is at the "conscious incompetence" of the learning curve right now, he knows how much he is lacking so he lost that "beginner confidence" he had at the start of his career that's why it looks like he is worse than before. It is a lot harder for him to adjust cuz he was given the golden spoon the past 3 yrs and allowed to do whatever he wanted with no consequence, but now he is being held accountable. It's like if Melo got traded from NYC to grit and grind era Memphis, you know he will struggle. Hopefully he crosses over soon.

https://primarygoals.com/teams/mode...s the point when,something in the first place.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You know where Hakeem was playing at Sengun’s age?

College.

put Al P on the Cougars and tell me we don’t win a National Championship running away

3. Rokman

Rokman Member

Jalen is cooked. He is hands down the worst player on the team and needs to get dumped ASAP. I think Detroit would be a good home for him.

HardenReturns and utgrad97 like this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

We gives tf about arbitrary point totals? Just a loser mentality. Last thing I want is for players like Jabari or Sengun to start b****ing in wins cuz they didn't reach 30 or 40 or w/e. We shouldn't be fixated on stats that's just loser related behavior.

Sengun literally gave credit to FVV in his post speech and talked about how critical he was this game. I don't give a crap and don't wanna read about some poster b****ing he didn't give Bari the ball to score 30 or some BS like that.

5. Rokman

Rokman Member

I would even be willing to give them an enticing offer. Jalen and a BKN 1st for Ausar.

Spiderpickle likes this.
  6. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I get frustrated at times but, this is what is exciting.....we have so much we can do with our offense. We are not even using the inside to Goon, kick out to open shooters because Goon is so good when he gets the ball. But, that part of this offense will evolve when teams double and triple (well they are now actually) and we kick it back out for open 3's. Bari,Tari and Brooks can all shoot the 3. I'm not giving up on Jalen just yet. He needs to get going though.

7. AuburnRocket

Hell to the Yeah !

WestendMassive and albuster like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i dont get it. I guess some people arent patient. Rockets are playing well and 3.5 (cam is the .5) of the 6 prospects we have now are thriving. You would think they could wait until the other kids catch up. Rockets are not winning a Championship this year. Why are yall in a rush to see Jalen develop?

trust Ime. If there is no hope they will be gone.

#848 DreamShook, Dec 23, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Detroit wouldn't go for that, Jalen is gonna be a FA in 2 yrs and Ausar is their 3rd most valuable player after Cade and Duren.

Regardless whether you think Jalen is a bust or just needs time trading him now is selling low after buying high. It's the wrong play he wouldn't net you much and if he blows up Ala Jabari you just royally screwed up.

AuburnRocket likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

the offense is absolute ass; the whole team has many steps to go. and people still mad Jalen is not playing well on offense. Bari wasn't playing well just a week ago ( and yall hated him) and he figured it out.. i wish the fanbase would relax.

11. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Did Jalen get benched after that 35' 3-pointer?

12. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

let’s look at this way now, Sengun was the 2nd pick and we picked up a potential steal at 18 with Jalen Green.

Dovahkiin, joshuaao, Arnel and 3 others like this.
  13. Spiderpickle

Spiderpickle Member

Sunken cost logical fallacy. We used a high draft pick on Jalen, but that doesn't mean jack. Ime sees the truth.

subtomic likes this.
  14. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think Udoka knows what he has there and I don't think he sees him as a long term fit. The sooner he can move on the sooner the Rockets are going to be contenders.

HardenReturns likes this.
  15. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

Why the **** do you want another guy that can't shoot the ball? No more of these kids from OTE and the GLeague. The Rockets aren't rebuilding anymore, they need real rotational players not guys that need to be developed.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

just remember folks Detroit Pistons have about 11 lottery picks playing and only 1 is playing well.

Os Trigonum, joshuaao, Arnel and 3 others like this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You lack of understanding is puzzling - we had a scoring drought of 4 minutes and lucky Sengun got as many foul calls and actually made his FTs ..FVV dropped the ball during those minutes and Alpi bailed him out

anthony59237 likes this.
  18. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

That’s an interesting point that I hadn’t thought of before! Hopefully that’s the case with Jalen and he starts to show out soon because it’s been kind of sad all December

Patience and roslolian like this.
  19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t know who I would want off the Pistons. - Ivey? Bogdanovic?

Does Brooks move to SG and Tari to 3 or do you give Cam the start….

20. AuburnRocket

It's not that long ago that Alpy was being heavily questioned regarding his value....then Bari, There was resistance to Brooks when we acquired him. Jalen looked good coming into this year.....he is just not putting it together right now...but, we have time for him to get to where we want him to be. He is searching for how he fits IMO as did Bari.

The selfish all about me player would have said I have made 10 out of 14 shots, I'm putting up shots every time I touch the ball. BUT, Bari wants to WIN ! Far more than he cares about his individual numbers. Tari just says the ball belongs to me...it's mine. Brooks has the same mentality somewhat. Jalen will come around...he was 5 of 6 from the FT line. Poor shooting night 2 of 8. Keep plugging, he can still get there.