1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

t's time to start thinking about moving Sengun before the deadline

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bo6, Dec 15, 2023.

1. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Not really. Alpe is just helping the team a lot more right now generally even when he has a below average game. His reads on offense and defense and non counting stuff are so much better than Jalen. To Jalen’s credit he is improving in those aspects and there are a lot less instances where he’s a straight up liability on the court like a lot of his first two years. But there’s no comparison between the two on the whole right now.

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You just proved my point. Sengun’s defense wasn’t good the first 2 years. the last 2 years he let a lot of players drove into the paint yet Sengun fans supported him through thick and thin. They even defended him when Silas wasn’t happy with his play. His post game was also inconsistent.

Green was only the leading scorer on the team last year and the deeper numbers showed he was on par with some of the best guards in the league in their second year. He had several great games last year. But yet these fans including yourself do not support him and instead hold him to a different standard often berating him and highly critical.

I invite you to re watch a few games this year. You tell me what reads he is not making.

Tale of 2 standards. Two worlds. 2 perceptions.

34to11 and Dobbizzle like this.
  3. ExTexanNowEastCoast

If Sengun is averaging 10 and 5 a game, we are not winning a title unless Smith, Green, Thompson or some player not yet on our team (maybe we somehow land KAT and Lavine, who knows).

Dillon Brooks is fools gold and is an LBJ dunk and kick to the nuts away from being out of the league. FVV? Nothing needs to be said.

At the beginning of this season, I said that if Houston made the play in with this roster it should be pleased, and I stand by it.

hahachui likes this.
  4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

If the Rockets were really Deep Alperen Sengun off the Bench. 7'0 Centers that can shoot 3s and defend are rare.

5. HROZ

HROZ Member

Lol what a silly post

You trade players if you don't see them as part of your future championship rotation & you think their value will only decrease.

Is that what you think of Sengun? Then make the argument.

6. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I don’t think there’s a huge market for Alpi to be worth it to even consider. He is very valuable to Rockets fans and many media outlet but many coaches will have a headache how they gonna utilize him on their team without changing their identity.

burlesk and ExTexanNowEastCoast like this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

12/20 - 16 pts. It took 19 shots

@Dobbizzle it continues

8. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

Let’s be honest: we are not winning a title in the short term even if Sengun makes 30-15-10

9. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Umm, not sure about that, but its moot because based on his conditioning and physical limitations, I don't see Sengun ever being a 30 point scorer unless he drastically increases his three point shots attempted and percentage made. He simply cannot play more than 30 minutes in a game without becoming a huge defensive liability.

Jokic plays 38 to 45 min a game on the regular, and is super efficient and effective. A lot of that is due to the fact that unlike Sengun, he is a solid 3 point shooter, plus, he has a better surrounding cast. Also, even though Jokic and Sengun are the same height, I swear Jokic has like 10 foot long arms! That is why he is such a great passer and rebounder, especially on the offensive boards.

Jokic is just a special player, a combo of Dirk and Bill Walton. Sadly, Sengun is not that. Now, Sengun could become a better version of Vlade or Scola, which would be great for him and our team. However, I don't think he will ever be MVP level.

BTW - I would love to be proven wrong.

10. 34to11

34to11 Member

Yep.
    It's so demonstrably a case of identity protective cognition that even a first year sociology student could recognize it.

burlesk and Stephen_A like this.
  11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dont forget to sprinkle in a healthy dose of motivated reasoning for good measure!

burlesk and 34to11 like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love it when you talk sexy

burlesk likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Crime waves as ideology.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Awww wittle Jawen Gween needs someone to stick up for him.

Guess all that Google pixel money and Fashion covers are just too much to handle while trying to learn how the game of basketball works

HardenReturns likes this.
  15. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Totally possible. I believe the front office will soon see if it's feasible too.
    It seems Alpi will have yet another reduction in his role in order that the Rockets avoid giving him the max extension.
    If that's the case, I sincerely hope he leaves Houston.
    Make it happen, Stone - one way or the other.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

burlesk likes this.
  17. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Pretty sure that's the point @Bo6 is making, that these threads are inevitable and perhaps somewhat silly much of the time... (?) So he wisely started the thread to give CF a headstart -- he knew we would want one sooner or later. #Bo6nostradamustheory #takethegoldpill

#97 burlesk, Jan 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2024
    Bo6 and Verbal Christ like this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

Bo6 and burlesk like this.
  19. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Autoliked.