1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bucks 12/17/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

stop reporting

b6bd95b0c2d3382a946df470937374af.gif

2. Risingred

Risingred Member

I wasn't mad at all. Last year the Bucks destroyed us without Lillard and everyone played like headless chicken. This year they needed their stars performing at a high level plus the offensive rebounds discrepancy plus the help from the refs to beat us. We were still able to keep it close, it's a huge progress.

roslolian likes this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Believe It! and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

until the next time

giphy.gif

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude you have been misstating this way too long.

Rookie contracts are 4 years. Not 5. Jalen Green will be an RFA at the end of next year (2025). Not 2026.

The deadline to extend him will be in late October in 2024. After that, the only way we keep Jalen is to (a) offer or match the best new contract or (b) have Jalen accept the qualifying offer for a 5th year, after which he’ll be an unrestricted free agent.

In any of these scenarios, his trade value goes down significantly as certain dates pass. The first key date will be the 2024 trade deadline. The next will be the extension deadline in fall 2024. The last key date will be if Jalen accepts a QO for that 5th year.

Now if Jalen starts playing like a player worthy of an extension, this is all moot - the Rockets will extend him. But if he does not, the best time to trade him is before the deadline this year. His value will never be higher than it will be then.

OremLK and MadMax like this.
  6. YaoMingsSoulja

The officiating was horrendous last night. If you even looked at dame or giannis funny, they'd blow the whistle. And that review on Dillon? Terrible. Really frustrating and im not one to complain about the officiating. I expect calls not to go our way on the road, but this was something else. You can tell Ime, Dillon, the rockets bench, they were all pissed off lol

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Agreed on all points, including hoping Green proves me wrong.

Roomba likes this.
  8. JW86

JW86 Member

Crazy indeed, because he actually landed awkwardly and could've hurt himself.

9. MystikArkitect

None of his draft class has shown the ability. Sengun, Barnes and Wagner are the closest but still all have a ways to go.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like usually it's not a big issue for us, but it stood out last night. I haven't noticed a bad trend though, we are usually a pretty good rebounding team I thought.

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We are 11th. Overall, we aren't a bad rebounding team but the moments in the game where we HAVE to get a rebound, our guys lose all discipline and we have 3-4 bodies trying to all get the board and no one else is looking to block out. Those moments make me lose my mind sometimes.

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Thank Bobby Ports for that with that shove in the back.

13. albuster

albuster Member

It remains to be seen, but the road ahead looks much better and so far, it looks like the talent is there and it is just a matter of time before these young guns will get the necessary experience to raise the ceiling much higher. I am positive about the future outlook.

roslolian likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Trading Jalen makes zero sense. The Rox aren't dying for more low frps which is all he will net if traded. I'd rather let him get an offer somewhere and match it if it's a good deal than trade him and get low frps or 2nd rounders. 6'4 inconsistent volume shooting SGs aren't exactly a hot commodity so chance is we get to keep him on a good deal.

15. csc177

csc177 Member

Another guard goes off for 30+ vs us. I wonder why

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah, f**k you too, Joe, and your buddy Adam.

18. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Yeah I'm gonna need that feigen article... Never got to see or hear those quotes