1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Cavaliers 12/18/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 17, 2023.

1. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

We are missing a legit certified outside shooter, maybe that’s whitmore once he gets a shot to play meaningful minutes in a game

2. OpportunityCost

I'm ready for Amen to come back and if Cam can learn to pass in the G-league he can rejoin too b/c Ime has clearly stated he wants his team to be unselfish and the last time I saw Cam he had the passing skills of prime ball-hogging Harden.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The failures of Jalen and Jabari have resulted in these two road defeats. Cam Whitmore should be playing now. 13/11 isn't enough.

4. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

11 from Jabari is infinitely more than 13 from Jalen the vast majority of nights.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Tari and Brooks are both opportunistic scorers. Brooks has a little bit of shot creation for himself, but it's very unreliable. Tari has almost nothing at this point in his career. He's an incredible player and I love what he brings to the team but he's not a "go get a tough bucket" guy. FVV is a good three point shooter and if I needed somebody to create a three pointer to tie/win the game, I'd go to him, sure. He doesn't have much else in his bag. He's too short to consistently finish in the paint, and his midrange game is low efficiency for the same reason.

Alpi is the only one you can give the ball and he'll get you two points 50+ percent of the time even if he's strongly contested. That's just reality. You need to get over your biases and recognize that.

tagedieb, ramotadab, Gergin and 3 others like this.
  6. conquistador#11

Must drive Ime insane. A lead was 9 points with 2 minutes to go in the first half, then offensively got frantic once again, again.

7. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I know hating and blaming Jalen is so hot right now, but Alpi cost us this game in the 4th imo.

He had 5 fouls, so its understandable he had to be careful, but he got attacked a lot down the stretch.

Glad he got the final shot, hes who i trust the most on this team in that situation. Decent look just sisnt get the bounce.

But he missed yet another clutch FT. Maybe he was tired, but hes got to work on his FTs because this happens too much.

ramotadab and tmoney1101 like this.
  8. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He’s been carrying a big load no doubt. There’s no excuse for Jalen not to be giving us 20 a night based on what he’s being asked to do. It’s literally his primary objective. He’s too inefficient to get that it’s a problem.

ramotadab and HardenReturns like this.
  9. OpportunityCost

The Cavs owe the Rockets a yearly Christmas gift for allowing them to draft Evan Mobely.

10. MystikArkitect

What's crazy with Green is that even on nights like tonight....which is most nights....some of the few points he scores are on miracle heaves that shouldn't even go in.

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I have never understood why we don't post up senguin more. Since his rookie year, when he gets the ball deep in the post he either scores, finds a open shot or misses a point black shot. We need to utilize that more

Gergin and HardenReturns like this.
  12. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Jalen's defense at this point is getting overrated as a defensible point. At best over the coarse of games, he is average. Sure whatever young and all.

But frankly, if all we wanted was a defensive guard with that pick, they would've gone with Suggs.

When he can get to the rim at times, he's also shaky at finishing. So he's not good at attacking and has trouble finishing. Not a good combo

HardenReturns and WestendMassive like this.
  13. Entropy

Entropy Member

Out of our 3 "stars", Jalen has the second worst plus minus at -15. Throw in his 16.7 FG%, I'm pretty confident if anyone should be blamed here, it's Green.

14. OpportunityCost

Yeah, I want to see less 3s from Sengun.

#1154 OpportunityCost, Dec 18, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2023
  15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's wild someone can look at this game and say. Yep. Sengun lost it for them.

16. OpportunityCost

I feel like he would've greatly benefited from playing in college for two years. He could've gained strength, built up his defensive skills and maybe learned some more offensive moves, like I never see him do the euro-step (maybe he has but I haven't seen it) or a jump-stop. I feel these are things you can work on in college.

17. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

For the past 5 games, Jalen average 11 pts on 28% shooting.

18. anthony59237

anthony59237 Member

I completely agree. Jabari should've at least been in for that last possession in regulation. He can hit big shots and has proved it before. Terrible decision to keep him out. We desperately need more rebounding, and it's shown the last two games. I'm starting to give up on Jalen, unfortunately...

HardenReturns likes this.
  19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Not bias, just the truth. When have you ever seen Alpi hit a shot under a minute to play? Or to make it easier, when have you seen him hit consecutive free throws under a minute? None of those are in his bag.

Im not discounting Alpi, its just that at that point of the game, he has not proven to be clutch. Never!

ramotadab likes this.