1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Harden Return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown Legend, Dec 25, 2022.

1. topfive

topfive CF OG

So what you're saying is that -- theoretically -- doing an interview like this would be the perfect way for a jilted player to give a giant F#$K YOU to the organization who dangled a supermax in front of him, then yanked it away and left him having to whine and pout his way to a trade and a likely less-than-supermax next contract? Hypothetically speaking, of course.

deb4rockets and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. StroudAndYorDaddy

It just seemed like a simple honest mistake. Plus i dont think the league will look into this right now, as they have their hands tied with the josh giddey thing going on

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why is it so important that he gets that Max or Super Max.....

4. a time to chill

Easy and clos4life like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, something tells me the league office has the capacity to look into more than a single player issue at a time.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

is hardon signing with rox yet? what's taking so long? green is already packed for elay.

8. StroudAndYorDaddy

fred has been incredible, but does anyone think harden could have helped jalen green read defenses better like he did for cam thomas in brooklyn and maxey in philly

jalen green has the talent, just needs to improve his point guard skills and knowing when to score/playmake

Landsdale and Roomba like this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Steady Freddy is a good, smart point guard who doesn’t have the incredible game sense and vision that James Harden still has. That said, I feel like a lot of what Cam Thomas and Maxey has, they already had before entering the NBA—and they merely improved on already good tools. Jalen’s issue is that he doesn’t seem to have any reliable tools yet, which is something I hope he’ll fix soon.

I also think that Jalen can learn from FVV’s professionalism and work ethic, having good vets around will probably end up doing good things for his development

gotsis likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden would have helped Jalen Green’s game tremendously…Green has no clue how to read a defender

guaranteed 5th seed in the West with Harden as well

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is literally the logic that was made in signing Fred Van Fleet, that he would run the offense and teach the young guys.

Jalen Green just isn't good. It's okay to say that. James Harden being on the team wouldn't magically help Jalen Green get better at layups or actually shoot league average percentages or stop turning it over.

12. Landsdale

Landsdale Member

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

No

14. OpportunityCost

He's a great leaper. Stromile Swift was also a great leaper.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. StroudAndYorDaddy

yep tyrese maxey credits harden for staying with him after practices and drilling him constantly on how to run the pick and roll and read defenses. Maxeys weakness coming out of kentucky was his lack of pg skills, now maxey has one of the best assist/to ratios in the league

Its why you NEVER hear of young nba guards talking bad about james harden. Even trae young when he was a rookie came to houston and trained with harden after he was drafted by the hawks and steph curry totally ignored trae when he was asking for advice

Harden can easily be a future mentor for younger nba prospects when he finally retires. Thats why i liked the idea of harden coming here and sort of passing the torch to jalen green and at the same time mentoring him and teaching him how to read defenses. But the media attacked harden claiming he wanted to come to houston and lead the nba in scoring which was a lie. I think harden is only taking 11 shots a game right now with the clippers

Little Bit and Reeko like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I always saw videos of Harden and Maxey shooting around or working on drills together…they were basically attached at the hip

all Jalen tries to do is beat his defender with speed in a straight line drive…no wrinkles or counters to his game at all

Jalen was talking reckless on Podcast P acting like Harden might stifle his game

17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Houston's brass didn't do it's research or due diligence.

In case you haven't been watching...that first step is back.

Ended up working out better for James though b/c he has a legit shot at a ring and is playing for an owner who will likely pay him.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

After months of watching the Harden-Philly drama, the pro-Harden crowd now come back alive to claim that we should have signed Harden instead of FVV.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Both Maxey and Green are young and fast, that's the only thing I can think of....

There can only be one Maxey.

20. OpportunityCost

I want Harden back on this team the same way I want Matt Schaub back at QB for the Texans.