1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronicle hires Altuve-hater as Astros beat writer

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by chrish23, Dec 13, 2023.

1. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

It's enough white knighting in here to form the king's gaurd in Game of Thrones.

2. Stephen66

Stephen66 Member
    Supporting Member

applause.gif

3. Buck Turgidson

What do you and your internet funboys consider "enough white knighting...to form the king's gaurd?

I'm too old to know exactly what it means.

4. vince

vince Member

From what I’d read here on the comments, Astros fans being upset an Altuve hater is the new beat writer for the Astros, is 100% understandable.

I don’t subscribe to Twitter so unless someone whose upset about the supposed bullying should includes the actual allegations that are being made, instead of insinuating them.

What would you suggest Major? Because logic should be, if someone is upset about the bullying, go to the site where bullying is happening and address each charge right there where it is happening! I’m not going to subscribe to Twitter to be able to follow the drama. As far as I’m concerned, if it’s superficial criticism, get over it! However if there are actual physical harm threats, that should be investigated by the authorities!

But why bother Clutchfans with this dribble, if the bullying isn’t going on here.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'll try to translate for us olds.

We had a scenario where a woman ran her mouth recklessly and spread slander about a beloved local sports hero, that pissed off fans so they gave her **** for it. As a result of this backlash it appears she employed the female tears strategy in an effort to get a certain type of susceptible person to come to her aid. This form of reflexive passionate defense at the sight of female tears is sometimes referred to as white knighting because the saps that fall for this shtick go rushing into battle as if they are some kind of medieval knight protecting their queen.

In historical literature the "white knight" was often the heroic figure fighting against evil, in internet slang, it sort of has the same meaning only it is meant sarcastically to refer to someone who either foolishly sees themself that way or who merely wants to be seen that way to impress others....often the woman they are coming to the aid of.

The King's guard is most likely a Game Of Thrones reference to the elite knights that protect the royal family.

6. Buck Turgidson

TL;DR;DC

7. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Basically

8. Buck Turgidson

...and?

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Perfect and well said.

The mere fact that a couple months ago, as a member of the "media" she posted what amounts to the intelligence of a rabid Dodger fan or fill in the blank fan tells me all I need to know about her. We're coming up on FOUR years since it was reported and nearly SEVEN years since it occurred and PLENTY of media heads, even LA media have written articles absolving Altuve and telling the truth and yet she completley disregards the truth told by her own peers. The reality is she's just not very bright.

cmoak1982, Qan, Dgn1 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

The only way I will ever know who this woman/journalist is...

Is if you guys keep talking about her and posting her stuff on the bbs.

Rock Block likes this.
  11. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

And nothing, I said what I said. I don't have social media and I wouldn't have time to harass anyone if I did. It was a stupid hire and I find it astronomically ridiculous she honestly would expect anything less.

12. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

No, despite being a fan, I didn’t go to UT. But I’ve been around enough journo types to know the shoe fits all over.

The profession is basically rooted in gossip. It’s dressed up, legitimized gossip, but it still atracts people who are inherently drawn to…gossip.

Gossiping people are b****es. Gossip is one of the most overlooked, underpunished vices we have in society.

Anyway, end of rant.

13. Buck Turgidson

"Whogivesa****" would properly encapsulate my thoughts on this.

14. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

...and?

15. Buck Turgidson

Let it go. As Lisa Simpson said:

Dgn1, H-Town Info and vince like this.
  16. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Clowns deserve respect. Idiots do not.

17. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's about the content of her character as shown in the articles.

Stephen66 and raining threes like this.
  18. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

I'm also in the who gives a shite crowd, unless she has a hall of fame vote.
    It's her type of thinking among other reporters who are not properly Informed on the situation that may hinder Altuves arrival to Cooperstown.

Stephen66 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

Really stupid and lazy hire.

Whatever.

20. Buck Turgidson

Everything she posts next season will have more clicks than all other Astros reporters combined.

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.