1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

Opinions solely based on assumptions or personal biases will lead to trolls taking over the discussions. Discussions should be based on facts and sound assessments and should add value to average fans' understanding. Live game watches, half time and end of game discussions, which you also often participate does exactly that...even sometimes we disagree with the general outcome! Marginal opinions can be very useful and entertaining but my gosh, there are some trolls in these forums, they just poison the whole basketball forum, which some of us enjoy reading others' valuable opinions and participating in their discussions.

And to all those reading this (not a message to DD specifically) I also humbly would like to suggest that changing your opinion based on new information is okay. It is natural! Sticking to your guns doesn't always work. Just a thought from an old guy who has too much time in his hands!

IvanLCPM likes this.
  2. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

yeah you can spin it the way you want to but i don't have any patience for people who never change their minds and keep spinning reality to fit their initial points. it's a big problem in today's society and you are a poster boy for that type of deplorable behaviour. it's not a discussion when your not actually trying to get to the truth. even if you're not trying to, you act like a troll and you feel like you're never wrong, then when you get called on your bullshit you just go on tangents like "can't be afraid to have a discussion".

#142 IvanLCPM, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    duluth111222 likes this.
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

When have u seen double d change his mind on anything? Man spent 3 years and is still trying to convince the forum that kpj is an actual starting caliber pg when folks on the forum and nba analysts says otherwise

IvanLCPM likes this.
  4. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know. It's a question for DD!

IvanLCPM likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who never changes their mind? I do that all the time, I can't be a flip flopper and a guy who never changes their mind - How is that I am accused of both?

SHEESH !!!!

Some opinions I change, others, I don't --- I don't follow popular opinion, or popularity, somethings are just a matter of perspective - no need to change anything by anyone.

And facts are facts, but some fake stats people throw around as facts, when they are based upon algorithms that start with garbage input, lead to garbage output.

Flawed data in, is flawed data out.

DD

6. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

LOL

7. DaDakota

It's true......I don't change my mind on everything but I do on a lot of things over time.

GO ROX.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  8. Yinka Dare

Yinka Dare Member

Ok. Show it. Convince us why this should be done.

9. DaDakota

I am tossing it out fhere for discussion - I think it would allow us to hang our hat on defense first.....do I think it is an END ALL result, hell I dunno, but what we are doing isn't working.

DD

10. cumutk

cumutk Member

Look, l like Green and Jabari..
    But Sengun needs real players, mature players to help him.
    Some foolish fans carry on saying Green our cornerstone,
    Green is not consistent, He is not ready to carry a NBA Team, carrying a team one thing, it will be better for him start from the bench, at least for a learning, adaptation period..

No passing,no consistent scoring. What did this kid to deserve a perception of Franchise cornerstone player ?

DaDakota likes this.
  11. DaDakota

Well isn't that interesting........looks like Ime agrees with DD.

;)

The apology line starts here....ROFLMAO !!!

DD

bluffkin likes this.
  12. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Benching Green will not happen, Brooks and Eason starting together would hurt the offense too much. Like it or not, Green is pivotal to our playoff chances.

13. DaDakota

Except it just did happen last night and the team finished strong.

DD

bluffkin and Plowman like this.
  14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Now that Tari is healthy he should get more minutes than Jalen. Cut Jalen's minutes back to 20-25 mpg in favor of Tari and Amen.

15. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

If Ime Udoka happened to call in sick, I'd be confident you would be a great interim coach and give the minutes to those who actually will improve the chances of winning games. The Rockets would be in good hands.

anthony59237 likes this.
  16. csc177

csc177 Member

Easy solution. Play cam whitmore

17. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is more reasonable than “trade Jalen.” If he isn’t giving the coach a good reason to play him, then others SHOULD get the opportunity.

AroundTheWorld and Aruba77 like this.
  18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think the Sengun, Bari, Brooks, Tari FVV lineup works for the right matchups, but not necessarily as a starting lineup. And honestly the debate over starters doesn’t make much sense to me. It’s about overall minutes and as long as Tari gets 30 min I don’t think it matters if he starts. Ime will ultimately decide the lineups and fortunately I trust him. Just cause u close out the game with a particular lineup doesn’t mean it’s your best starting lineup. I think that’s overly simplistic.

#158 Aruba77, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023
    AroundTheWorld, Rocketeer and kubli9 like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

best bet is to trade green for a high caliber 3 and d player and some 2nds.

20. invocux

invocux Member

Depends on who is starting. I'm 100% sure that we will not look worse with Cam taking his place. He's already a terrible defender while Cam isn't. He will be a great on ball defender because of his active hands and quick feet. Also i noticed that when he gets beat he recovers fairly easily. It think it'll take him roughly 5-6 games to adjust to our defensive schemes. On the other hand he'll look electric on offense from the get go. When Sengun finds with with kick outs he will make his shots. Sengun will miss the 2 men game with Jalen sure but i still expect Sengun-Cam to be a dynamic duo. He'll be Sengun's new Kenyon because he's a good cutter like Kenyon is. Also i expect them to go for that same Sengun > Kenyon alley oops multiple times a game. We basically have a diamond in our hands. We can't treat him like he's Josh Christopher.