1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Time to trade Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Nov 28, 2023.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That humping video going viral should've been the biggest motivator. Instead it looks he's missing Jay Gup on a nightly basis and it's affecting his performance.

2. Moahst

Moahst Member

This is the way. We legitimately have much better prospects already on the roster. It's ok that Jalen Green isn't the first, second, or third best player on the team.

REEKO_HTOWN and Crashlanded19 like this.
  3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

"iOn ForGet NuN..StAY on tHAT sidE"

[​IMG]

4. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I see now. Jalen wasn’t benched; he just wasn’t good enough to get on the court over Tari in the 4th.

5. invocux

invocux Member

If i'm Ime i'm calling Cam up from GL tonight and starting ease him into the NBA. We are wasting our time with this kid it's written in the stars.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Never seen a player so visibly frustrated when his shots don't fall. He had that sequence where he passed on an open 3 and then dribbled into a contest midrange and clanked that too. He looked like he was so shook. Ime pulled him and he never came back into the game.

Jalen needs a go to spot as a scorer, he doesn't really have any at the moment

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

When you’re sent to the bench so someone else can play, you got benched. That’s literally what getting benched is.

Richie_Rich, Plowman, gotsis and 12 others like this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It's okay if you know you aren't going to get stuck paying the guy 30 mil plus a year to be your 6th man longterm.

I think it's clear to me at least that Jalen is going to be a really good NBA player for years. His bursts of scoring are just something that NBA teams, especially the Rockets, need. It's just the unreliability of it that will designate him to the bench IF he doesn't find a way to develop go to skills to create offense efficiently in the pick and roll, and iso.

What we have seen so far this season would be get a totally different reaction from the fans, and likely the front office if Jalen was drafted 14, and not #2 where they have to make a decision sooner than they'd like on whether or not he's going to be worth what he'll cost to retain longterm. This is why you see so many #2 picks get moved early on.

Carpe82 likes this.
  9. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

He took his normal rest.

In that time Eason got hot and was the only player who could make a shot, on both teams. With so many rebounds available for him he proved to ime that he deserved to be out there tonight.

Plain and simple. Ime, rightfully rode the hot hand and gave tari the minutes he deserved.

Jalen being on the bench was the by product of that, not the cause.

Is all good, i just think it's funny how asinine so many posters around here are. Everyone was ass tonight except tari, but people can only see jalens failures. And yes he was ass tonight

10. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I think trend is going to the right direction, Jalen had a horrendous game and not many fans are talking about it. It’s like we’re now used to him producing nothing. I’ll give a pass that Spurs are probably worst matchup for the Rockets and Pop just know which buttons to press on our player but he didn’t expect Tari tonight.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

When he goes in the midrange for his jump shots his body control is horrendous. No matter where on the court he takes the shot he’s fading in one direction or another as he goes up. He’s never set.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So many rebounds it must have been a brick fest.

BigMaloe likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

You don't remember him running into Sengun on a pnr?

I don't even know why his teammates waste their energy running around setting picks for him - he doesn't even know how to utilise a screen.

It is so refreshing having a coach with an actual backbone, and a brain. Twice already in this early season he has been benched* the entire 4th quarter because if he isn't hot from the floor, he contributes absolutely nothing.

FVV and Sengun pnrs aren't even in the same stratosphere as Jalen and Sengun pnrs. The guy just does not have basketball IQ. Like, at all.

You don't develop that in the offseason. You're born with it or you're not.

We've seen countless players born with out of this world athleticism and nothing more. I cannot wait for the Rockets organisation to finally dump Green in that pile of failed potential players who didn't amount to much because they had zero IQ to put it together.

He is a straight up hindrance to this team most games.

Ish Smith is as much a franchise player as Jalen Green. Heck, I'd buy another Ish Smith jersey before I even take a Jalen jersey up to the register.

Can we just talk though for a second about that whole 'Jalen is a junkyard dog he's a gym rat he's yada yada yada'. Remember when posters used to constantly harp over that lie. They were fooled just as much as the organisation was with the G League hype video hahaha. Pathetic. Does Jalen even know what a gym is in the offseason? Judging from his 'improvement' - I'd say no.

*Sorry, not benched. Apparently not being allowed to sub back into the game for the entire 4th quarter isn't being benched, it's just letting another person play instead. YIKES

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That one three pointer when he kicked his legs out and just missed the rim all together was something else

HardenReturns likes this.
  15. Downtown Sniper

This is as funny as watching Jalen try to be a franchise player on the basketball court.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I want to see another 20 games of Jalen. Ime has proven that he’s gonna take a pragmatic approach. Players who are struggling aren’t gonna have a long leash, especially for 2nd half minutes. If we start to see real growth from Jalen by all star break that will tell us something. If not, I wouldn’t lose sleep trading him, if for no other reason than we have so much other developmental talent, he won’t be worth extension and the commitment at the expense of other talent. The worst thing we can do is double down on a mistake. We need more time to see if the IQ will come around and if the shooting efficiency can stay improved. We’ll know in the next 20-40 games if it’s time to move Jalen.

Easy likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am leaning towards a little skepticism of what 10 or 20 more games would accomplish....

He might have a 38+ point game then but it would not give us long term introspection.

He is improved from his rookie and sophomore year that he can actually play okay basketball and not to be totally bad at fundamentals.

I think it takes at least 2 years.....but will the Rockets give him 2 years? You would only give him 20 games = 1.5 months?

Also being benched here and there is not even a thing.....

What the Rockets are doing now

• Kill people on Transition Defense
    • Outrebounding everyone
    • Perimeter Defense

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

19. Downtown Sniper

b-b-b-b-but he could average 30 in his sleep

When your one supposed strength.... is proven to not even be a strength at all.

Goodness gracious me.

Hate that I'm right in regards to him, because it hurts the franchise big time.

Entropy, REEKO_HTOWN and Holybats like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Yeah I really don't know what he's doing with his body. It's like he taught himself to fade on every single jump shot, so he still does. And often he just fades in a way he decides on beforehand, not even looking where the defender is, his hand is and how far away he is from the defender. He lacks awareness of his position on the court. Truly mind boggling stuff.