1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 8, 2023.

1. conquistador#11

Not going to make a big deal out of this one. Had it as a loss. Hats off to the Jets. Saleh, The weather, Wilson, their defense and the Turf showed up to have a perfect game.
    No changes in playoff positioning other than the missed opportunity.
    Burn the film and the jerseys.

Spurs better not win tomorrow.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't think it was a dirty hit, it was late for sure, but I don't think Williams was trying to give him a concussion, his head just snapped back and hit the ground.

HillBoy and conquistador#11 like this.
  3. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Only because of what they thought the weather could be. Any QB can kill the Texans defense. Byrce and Desmond Ridder did it.

roxallways likes this.
  4. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Wilson having talent on his side was the main reason he looked worth a damn, plus his OC didn't call plays scared. I'm starting not to trust the coaching staff either when the going gets tough without enough talent on the field. I'm scaling it way back on this team at this point. The future is still bright, they just need to build smartly around #7

Rvo384 likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's a late hit no call that lead to potential brain damage of a franchise QB.

At the very least you need to show the refs they ****ed up by not properly officiating. Retaliation is a failure of reffing and the refs should understand they failed there.

If you don't call it you are asking for players to take it into their own hands.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

No.

HillBoy likes this.
  7. conquistador#11

I thought it was dirty for today's standards but they also called a late hit for Stroud when he barely got a love tap earlier in the 3rd.
    But that wasn't just any ground that was met-life ground. It might as well have been the sidewalk.

HillBoy and JayGoogle like this.
  8. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Not sure what would be the end game of that.

Once they got out close to midfield, they should have called time out and regrouped.
    They just messed up. Demeco is a rookie head coach and has done a good job of clock management but he screwed this one up.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  9. rusHour

rusHour Contributing Member

A lot of excuses on this one... time to forget and move on.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think what happened is the Texans called the game like they still had their top WRs and in bad weather while the Jets called the game knowing they can't pass. If the Texans worked more with the TEs and RB maybe the offense does better, but you're not passing against the Jets secondary on a f'n rainy day.

Mills is capable of having a good day though, I think Mills is a better QB than Wilson even. It will be hard against the Browns of course but at least its a home game.

I feel like the playcalling gets really lazy and uninspired against these bad teams. It's like we do the bare minimum.

11. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

The worst thing about today, aside from injuries, is getting rallied by Nathaniel Hackett.

HillBoy likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Run up the middle and have long developing routes that are easy for elite corners to cover.

Asking for a dud on offense.

JayGoogle likes this.
  13. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson hurt too? What a disaster of a game.

14. Buck Turgidson

Not sure why people are b!tching about the running game today. If anything they should have run it more.

Texanstradamus and JayGoogle like this.
  15. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Take your worthless win and go straight to hell Jets. Hope you enjoy 20 plus years of more futility.

Buck Turgidson and ramotadab like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to admit our secondary was pathetic too. That and the fact that our defense had tons of missed tackles and misses trying to get to their QB.

HillBoy likes this.
  17. Aware

Aware Member

metchie and noah brown are not it
    also, send the kicker back to the xfl or wherever the hell they got him from

just a real sad day of football

ramotadab and gfab-babyboi like this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They should have run it more yeah, but you can also be a lot more creative with what you do on the ground.

19. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah collectively the defense was a complete joke today. Just embarrassing for the whole team, injuries or not.

deb4rockets and conquistador#11 like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They are not it against one of the best secondaries in the NFL yeah, I think Brown is good for what he is, a 3rd WR, Metchie a depth WR, I guess they are going to get more time to prove themselves though.

ramotadab and Aware like this.