1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...we will if this keeps up.

...they already got started building an altar of worship on what used to be capitol grounds back on January 6...

...which conveniently and economically doubles as a public hanging space.

That at least shows some seriousness about all of this ballyhooed fiscal responsibility.

"Convert or die."

Sound strategy, actually.

Takes care of illegal immigration...gets rid of that onerous separation of church and state mistake by the Founding Fathers (who somehow got everything else exactly right on through perpetuity)...lowers the prison population with summary executions for suspected wokies, trannys, and whatever else can get squeezed into the docket...

...I guess I sorta CAN see the appeal to some for fascism...;)

Andre0087 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like Trump statues everywhere, including Mount Rushmore, and insurrectionist statues portraying them like WW2 soldiers?

mdrowe00 likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Because a) migration is a global phenomenon and b) I am a legal resident in the US and went through the proper process (which was quite cumbersome) to be in that position.

I respect the rule of law.

tinman likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

woke immigration policy is pissing off Black Americans breh
    @Salvy

#2705 tinman, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So did my parents. That doesn’t mean that I have paranoia about immigrants. In fact one of the posters who has been raising the alarm about illegal immigration in this very threads own family came here illegally. I don’t resent him or his family coming here and am sure they are contributing to this country.

Other than Native Americans all of us got here from somewhere else. For most of US history all
    You had to do was get here and you would be allowed in. It only happened when a lot of Chinese started showing up that the first legal bans were put in.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Other than trying to look virtuous, what's your point?

Do you think there should be no border controls at all, and everyone who wants to should be able to move to the US entirely unchecked?

8. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Not unchecked but we should greatly increase the amount of people we let in. This isn’t about virtue our long term economic health requires more people in the population. Most stats show the native born population is declining. Also a point that I’ve brought up is that our immigration laws are badly out of touch with the supply and demand curve. Anytime a law is out of touch with the supply and demand the black market fills they demand. Perversely trying to limit immigration actually makes us less safe as the incentives for bringing people in increases.

My own policy would be to simplify and increase the ability of people to come legally. Then we would better be able to determine who is getting in and given a legal
    Opportunity to come in most immigrants will be willing to work with authorities to identify who are those actually intending to do harm to us. I would also put in a larger guest worker program that would allow for seasonal workers.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

If one were to accept your premise that more immigration is needed, do you think people should be chosen based on qualification and on adherence to the US constitution? Or just "more", no matter what?

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We have a right wing MAGA party in America that isn't based on qualifications other than having a pulse, that don't adhere to the constitution, and are making decisions for the rest of Americans, or blocking bills out of spite. Immigrants wanting to actually work are the least of my worries. MAGA folks want a criminal running the country from prison. A damn criminal sociopath at that.

mdrowe00 and rocketsjudoka like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Qualifications as in things like college degrees? No we actually need more
    Unskilled labor. Further as in the case of my own family where several of my relatives came here on family visas they’ve gone on to be very successful in the US. So even someone who comes here too young without any education or work background could still greatly contribute.

Adherence to the US constitution isn’t a matter of belief as native born US citizens aren’t legally required to swear allegiance to the constitution. It’s a matter of law and anyone here are subject to the laws whether they agree with them or not.

I would also add that requiring immigrants or others to swear to adhere to the US constitution will in most cases be a hollow and virtue signalling. As a kid I recited the pledge of allegiance everyday at school along with millions of others. Most consider it an empty gesture. It’s nice like standing for the anthem during sporting events but doesn’t really do anything. In fact as we’ve seen in recent years there are many who claim to be the most patriotic yet undermine the Constitution .

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So would you abolish any border controls and give anyone a US passport who wants one?

tinman likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Let me ask you a question back. Do you agree with those who feel this country has too many immigrants already and we should have less immigration?

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Woke lunatics would let John Stockton and Karl Malone pee on Hakeem ‘s Han Solo statue at Toyota center

blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum
    @Commodore
    @ROXRAN

bro, woke people let dudes go into women’s bathrooms and showers

you think they care about borders ???!!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am more qualified to answer this for the country I am from (Germany), there the answer is that the country has had too many uneducated immigrants who go straight into the welfare system, and a large percentage of them rejects German constitutional values for religious/ideological reasons. Education scores have gone way down, crime is up, antisemitic crime is way up.

The unfortunate indirect effect of this is that xenophobia is also going up.

#2716 AroundTheWorld, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Of course not. But, I am all for expanding the "quotas" for working Visas and immigrants vetted thoroughly. I am all for deporting those who come here and commit crimes. I just wish we could deport Ted Cruz, the insurrectionist supporter.

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

not unreasonable

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Is this the kind of immigration you want?

tinman likes this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Some posters on here want no vetting.

blue_eyed_devil likes this.