1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimately, our best player......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Dec 7, 2023.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It’s still Tate . We are just saving him for after Christmas when the season really starts ;)

these wins are cute now but we’ve had the advantage of having 4-5 less games when veteran teams are still getting in shape and players are rounding into form .

I don’t wanna be too negative , but we’ve sucked for 3 years and just spent 60+ million in the offseason on some solid players . We SHOULD make the playoffs .

I wanted 40+ wins and so far we’ve been at about my expectations. Best part I’ve seen so far is Jabari looks a lot better . Sengun I knew was good on offense , needs to keep working on his 3 ball and ft shooitng . Jalen needs to play harder on D .

Old School74 likes this.
  2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Sengun just held the best player in the world to 9-26.

Ultimately, you don’t know ball, @hlmbasketball.

Dobbizzle, tagedieb, cumutk and 2 others like this.
  3. invocux

invocux Member

Aaron Holiday

4. cumutk

cumutk Member

Sengun... and once again approved...

While guarding world's best player in Jokic, under a so strong physical duel, fight between him and Jokic, he achieved double double..
    Proud of Alp
    Also proud of Green, for his performance tonight.

saleem and Old School74 like this.
  5. Gergin

Gergin Member

Easy. Our best player is HIM.

6. cumutk

cumutk Member

l once again send my love to Oklahoma City Thunder Management and Front office for sending World's youngest best center in Sengun to us in 2021 draft.
    Our core of Sengun-Green-Jabari-Eason will be great..

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

8. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

OP's hate of ALP won't age well. Just admit it - you are a hater. @hlmbasketball

vince and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

if the only person that likes your post is OnlyRockets then you've likely said something very questionable

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I think they may be the same person. Life is so much better since I put OR on ignore.

Dobbizzle and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Jokic has been struggling for a minute this season. He struggled against the Clippers the game before.

If you all go back and look at the 3rd and 4th qtrs, Jokic played over the top of Sengun, blocked his shots, and Sengun couldn't score. Sengun is just too small and slow of foot....Sabonis!

There will be a day when I say.....I TOLD YOU ALL SO!

#91 hlmbasketball, Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Hate is a strong word. I prefer to be called a Defensive fan - a fan who loves players who can play defense, as well as who can score. And I just don't see that in Sengun.

Just because we disagree, why do I have to be a Hater?? Lol. He doesnt impress me, the way he impress you all.

Based upon Jokic's play, I think anyone can tell he was off his game. Not saying Apli and the Rockets didnt play good defense at moments but going down the stretch, you have to admit that Alpi was not effective and that Jokic showed who the better player was.

13. Houston77

Supporting Member

Oh just be quiet and go away.

Dobbizzle, cmoak1982 and cmlmel77 like this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

And thats your response?

If that was a player I believed in so heavily, I would have a better response than that. SMH

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Imagine being here for the "I told you so's" so you just make completely off-base nonsense narratives to divert from the herd on the off chance you get to say those 4 words...I'd rather cheer the Rockets myself. Especially our clear-cut best player, Alperen Sengun.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Houston77

Supporting Member

@hlmbasketball will do anything EXCEPT explain how a guy with a 107 defensive rating who is anchoring an awesome defensive team is somehow a bad defender. All he can do is point to random plays and moments while ignoring the picture as a whole. Confirmation bias at its finest. So sad.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  17. Houston77

Supporting Member

What the heck -- how is such an awful defender so high on this list, @hlmbasketball???

upload_2023-12-9_12-37-39.png

cmoak1982 likes this.
  18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

It’s not sad. He’s a troll. He gets off on it. I used to never use the ignore button except for obvious Bigots. I haven’t even ignored BTG, because I think at times he displays decent basketball knowledge and will have a good take. I am changing my personal policy and am going to not only bigots, but obvious trolls and I encourage all that love this forum to do the same. Goodbye HimBasketball.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Thats where we disagree. I don't think at the moment there is a "BEST PLAYER" on this team....Just a team of above avg to avg players being coached by a very good coach.

And similar to Indy, a team that Im really looking at as the Rockets thriving to be next yr, they traded their offensive first center and picked up a true All - Star and a possible MVP in Halliburton.

Indy is a defensive, 3pt shooting team, from the center to the point guard. And I think thats the team Ime wants to become. So yes, Im curious as to what's going to be the next move, because everyone knows we need another big with a defensive presence.

#99 hlmbasketball, Dec 9, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2023
  20. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Jeez, and there it is, you just came out and said it. What a pathetic fan you are. You are literally praying on the rockets to fail just so you can gloat on an online forum? Your mouth is watering at the idea of Sengun playing poorly. At least the other haters around here do the "I would love to be wrong" routine, as all fans should, but you actually want to be right. What a miserable outlook.

cmoak1982 likes this.