1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] James Harden's Los Angeles Clippers

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Os Trigonum, Jun 30, 2023.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

When the weird phenomenon of folks posting about a player years removed who punked the city in the process of leaving stops, the 2 cents will stop also.

2. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

So then you do care.

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

4. StroudAndYorDaddy

got em

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Feel free to break it down for dumb dumbs like myself.

Im trying to follow but I guess maybe my reading comprehension is lower than some.

This is a thread in the NBA dish where those who care about the topic are free to discuss that topic.

Those who don’t care about the topic are free to skip right over it. Hell you could put the OP of the thread on ignore and you would never see it again. I imagine this is how 99-100% of people who truly don’t care about certain discussions deal with the topics they don’t care about.

You have claimed to not care about the topic, but took the time to click the thread, read the discussion and announce to the thread that you don’t care about the topic.

Then when confronted on this weird behavior you have explained why you will continue to care about the topic by adding your 2 cents as long as others continue to discuss the topic.

Seems apparent that you care. Quite a bit actually.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Have you ever had to drive day after day down a road or highway that has a continuous line of billboards?
    I dont like billboards. I dont like people trying to control what I have to look at.
    So someone like you comes along and says, Just dont look at them then.

OK, sounds easy enough. But day after day continues. The billboards are still there and they are not easy to ignore, especially when traffic grinds to a stop. And by the way, the billboards folks know people look at them or else they wouldnt spend money putting them up in the first place.

Day after day, year after year, and finally you just have had enough and want to grab a paintball gun and unload on every single one of them.

So someone comes along again and says ah ha, you must care about billboards then, right?

----------- ------------- ------------ ---------------

The GARM and this forum never go a day with a James Harden thread to have to look at. A day where there is not a new post about James Harden.

So, every once in a while I just say f#ck it, and take out my proverbial paintball gun and splash a post about James Harden.

Do I care about James Harden? No I do not. No more than I care about billboards.

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

At this point of his career, all anyone cares about is how he will perform during the playoffs. I said it earlier, James will get back to his usual self after a handful of games, which is not surprising. I want to see him produce during the playoffs and really, more importantly, produce during crucial games, otherwise, same ole story.

Easy and StroudAndYorDaddy like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, too bad he doesn't keep in 80% game shape the whole season and play 30mins for most nights. Maybe then he wouldn't "gas" out during playoffs.

Instead he plays 40+ regardless of shape with ego padding numbers during the 82 game grind on top of playoffs and his all night binges.

Same ol James...

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

All those words to reiterate what your actions have already told us….You care a lot.

Every day there are hundreds of threads all over this message board I never step into because….I don’t care. I don’t care what anyone has to say about those topics. It doesn’t bother me in the slightest that people are having the discussion. Because I don’t care. This is normal human behavior.

And your analogy doesn’t make any sense either. You have to actively go to clutchfans and then click on threads to read the content. There are also tools available on the site so that you can help to avoid seeing what you don’t want to see. Threads on a message board aren’t unavoidable billboards on the one and only highway that gets you where you need to go everyday. They are completely avoidable….if you don’t care. Your problem is you care too much. The bad man hurt you and after all these years you are still reliving your nightmare instead of moving on and…not caring.

You can say you don’t care all you want. The mere fact that others discussing something(without any attempt of forcing you into the discussion)would trigger you so fiercely that you are compelled to react tells a different story.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

[​IMG]

13. Major

Major Member

Viewing billboards is a passive phenomenon. They exist, you see them while driving. You'd have to actively do something (look away) to avoid them.

This thread is an active phenomenon. You have to proactively click it to read posts, then you have to actively hit reply and do a bunch of typing to participate. Unless you feel the need to read and reply to every thread on this board, something is making you actively choose this specific one. That thing is caring and feeling the need to interject.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I have to look at the thread titles dont I?
    This thread is near the top of this board every time I view it.
    I have to actively look away to avoid seeing it, right?

#694 jim1961, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
  15. foh

foh Member

Harden related gossip is definitely a clickbait matter - "clickbait" means that you click something without thinking or making a conscious decision. We know Harden's story and naturally want to know what's up (ie how the story ends).

You direct your eyes to billboard & read text on it - that's not a whole lot more passive than making an unconscious "clicking" motion.

All in all @jim1961 certainly cares objectively less than people who post Harden's stats.

jim1961 likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

this is facts

Idk who people think they’re fooling with this “Idc” routine

17. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Your the one being fooled if you think you know how other people feel better than they do.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

Never been a Harden fan. Let's see if a starting lineup of All Stars jump starts career. Oh, he has already tried that. And another playoff (collapse) awaits him in the end.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

posting time and time again in a thread about a topic u supposedly don’t care about makes a ton of sense

sure man

20. jim1961

jim1961 Member

For clarity, what I dont care about is James Hardens stats in regard to this particular exchange.
    That is where this whole thing began, that is what I mean by saying I dont care.

If you still doubt that, go back and re-read the previous posts.

As to other posts, I dont care about Harden's success or the success of any team he plays on.
    Harden is a top 3 disliked Rockets player of all time in my mind.
    If you happen to like him, then so be it. But dont expect me to change my mind just because you might feel differently.

#700 jim1961, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023