1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ultimately, our best player......

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Dec 7, 2023.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Will be either Jabari, Amen or....

I think the last two days have shown what both can offer on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball. And despite what we might think or how we feel....BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL MATTERS.

The deciding or main factor is, your best player has to be effective on both sides of the court or at a minimum superior on the offensive end, i.e, Steph Curry.

And I think Curry and the Warriors can prove my point. When KD with the Warriors, a player who could effect the game on both sides of the court, he was their undisputed BEST PLAYER. Curry was the shooter/scorer, Draymond the HUB but KD was the hands-down best player.

I've listen to Frank w/the Chop Shop, Jackson Gatlin and Robert Land, etc. on current hierarchy of the team, along with many on here and basketball will always be what it is, the players who can effect the court on both ends at a high level are your best players.

Sengun is the HUB and I reflect back to the Warriors again. Their HUB is Draymond Green. He is who makes the engine go but I don't think anybody would say he is their best player. And similar to Alpi, Draymond is primarily effective on one side of the court but limited on thenother side of the court

Jabari, as of right now, is our best interior defensive player and our 2nd best interior offensive player. He can score in the post, mid - range and from the perimeter. His game has developed immensely from last yr. With Amen, its just a matter of time. His recent game in the G-League showed you what he is cable of but not just that, Ime recently said how his court vision and tools that he displayed in training camp put him on a different level.

.......Jalen Green. Jalen has the ability to be the best player. To me your best player has to be able to get you 25pts ppg CONSISTENTLY, 30pts occasionally and 40 - 50 prs when he's feeling it! Jalen has those tools, we've seen it, not this yr but its there.

#1 hlmbasketball, Dec 7, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2023
    OnlyRockets likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there are no both sides of the ball, unless it's inside and outside.

you mean both ends of the court perhaps

Boii, persian hoopa, Jontro and 7 others like this.
  3. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Please stop with this crap. Sengun has a 107.7 defensive rating and is anchoring a top 5 defense. Your bias and agenda is idiotic — he is NOT a one-way player. Stop littering the board with this nonsense.

Sengun, RudyTBag, Boii and 38 others like this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Another best player thread?

[​IMG]

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

I only came here to say she's so gorgeous @jim1961

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

He can’t help it. That’s who he is. He is never going to like Alp, his biases won’t let him.
    He’s going to have to deal with it

RudyTBag, vince, Qan and 4 others like this.
  8. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Rockets would be undefeated if we simply listened to @Clutch and replaced busty Sengun with Lob Threats™ Bruno Fernando and @DaDakota's favorite, Kai Jones.

RudyTBag, maypk, Jontro and 12 others like this.
  9. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

its a copycat league...

for the last decade or whatever it was all about emulating GSW and 3's while bigmen were 'unplayable in the playoffs...'

oh look Jokic and Giannis win chips... now were too small...

thats why i say u run it like the championship Pistons - and wait to see if anybody steps up...

rather than all this 'who is our franchise player, lets heap everything on his shoulders and expect him to take us to the promised land...'

folks keep puttin the cart before the horse...

'potential' is great...

but dont take it as actual ability...

until you've been given reason too...

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Thought there was a strong chance the plot twist was going to be that KPJ was ultimately our best player and we are really hurting without him.

Disappointed we were robbed of that comedy, but thread still delivered the goods on that end.

RudyTBag, maypk, duluth111222 and 4 others like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why is this clown always making the same uninteresting useless threads like anyone holds his opinion in high regard?

stop being an attention ho

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We're sitting here with five young studs (Sengun, Green, Amen, Cam, Jabari) and people here are arguing about which one is the franchise player this early on. Nobody here in their current state deserves that title. Just let the team play.

13. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Ya forgot Tari my man…dude is stud…I’d put him over Cam at this point

34to11, Boii, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

b o r I n g

RudyTBag, Easy, albuster and 4 others like this.
  15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ultimately, you are one of the worst posters. Please stop making threads.

maypk, cbass, BallSoHarden and 3 others like this.
  16. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't get the dire, desperate need around here to confer Best Player or Franchise Player status on someone, as if the team can't possibly move forward and improve until we absolutely know which of our guys is the BEST guy.

Since exactly none of these players were drafted as an acknowledged generational talent (or even best talent that year), how about we just let them play and grow and see what shakes out naturally?

I know, I know. That attitude won't generate traction on Elon's X. Silly me.

17. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

excellent analysis...

repeat after me.. #4 JALEN GREEN #0

18. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

That's right, I love to listen to our elderly when it comes to knowing where to stand.

19. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

He is my friend and please leave him alone.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Out of all the posters, you are the closest. The title said ULTIMATELY, meaning not now. It's going to be another 2 - 3 yrs before that title of "Best Player on the Team" is determined.

This is why I don't get all of the Alpi, Jalen, Jabari Amen best player on the team threads now, because neither is. Just a thought.

topfive likes this.