1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POLL: What's Wrong With Our Running Game?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Dec 6, 2023.

?

What's The Biggest Problem With Our Running Game?

1. Offensive Coach

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Running Backs

8 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Offensive Line

21 vote(s)
    70.0%
  4. Pierce Getting the Most Carries

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Devin Singletary is a revelation. His one cut is decisive and explosive, and he has a good feel for what is an opening in this scheme.
    Also revealing is that this organization does not know wtf they are doing when said player is revealed to them.

2. raining threes

Same thing was said about the Kubiak WCO.

Are we going back to the BOB days where anything good that happens is because of the QB and anything bad that happens is because of the OC?

houstonstime likes this.
  3. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Could it be as simple as Pierce running with his head down instead of up? I don't have access to the film, but the runs I remember he has his head down a lot as if he's looking at the defender's feet rather than their waist. I was taught ages ago that was the area that was least susceptible to fakes and misdirection.

4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

You already know the answer to your question haha.

raining threes likes this.
  5. raining threes

Thanks for picking my day up a little bit. LoL