1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Reality is Jabari wasn't the #1 pick of the draft, he was the #3 pick. We all talked ourselves into thinking we got a steal but the two front offices in front of us probably got it right. It is what it is. He is still playing significantly better this season and looks on track to be a starter in the NBA for a long time. That's not a bad value for the third pick even if he doesn't become everything we hoped.

Jalen is the one I'm most disappointed with right now. He can still turn his season around, but right now he is not making the best of his chance to earn a big extension.

At least we found Sengun.

clos4life likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I did.

But I do want to know what Ime said to Bron.

daywalker02 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

https://www.nbcsports.com/nba/news/...g-words-with-lebron-james-during-rockets-loss

Haha

5. maypk

maypk Member

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2 Days ahead full of IST elimination games.....o_O

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Why don't the Rockets shoot basically any corner 3's that whole game, guys weren't spacing into that corner well?

The few times they did, they were positioned more to the angle and not seen by the ball handler.

9. TimDuncanDonaut

That's it? :D

If it was something Bronny or dead Kobe...

and Ime's not wrong, Bron is a B***

clos4life, WestendMassive and JumpMan like this.
  10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

the schedule giveth and the schedule take away .

I’m sure being relatively more rested (combined with young legs) has made us look better at points this year

Here’s to weathering the storm !

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Love it.

I can imagine that under Silas. "Sorry Mr James it won't happen again, you're amazing".

12. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'd give Udokae a lifetime contract just for that.

Unfortunately, LeBron is going to be the coddled, passive-aggressive b**** he's been his whole career and do some behind-the-scenes **** that is going to cost Udoka and the Rockets.

13. plee

plee Member

That's weak, ref and LeBron are a babies...

Mr.Scary and Dankstronaut like this.
  14. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

So much to digest... some post game thoughts:

First of all, I have to know what Ime/Lebron said to each other. At one point Dillon Brooks is bodying Lebron to get him away from Ime but he persists. Whatever it was, Ime is saying it plainly and straight to his face. He's not animated, demonstrative or anything. That was some of the weirdest NBA action I've ever seen. Like why is Reddish bumping Tari in the first place? Why is Lebron even involved? Why is Ime not allowed to say whatever it is he had to say? And then the refs flat out forget it's a 2 shot foul. An absolutely astonishingly bizarre 5 minute sequence.

Jalen and Alpe built a brick wall. I wouldn't even call them bad shots but they just missed everything. Jalen, Alpe and Brooks also had pretty bad defensive games by my eyes. Especially on rewatch, things are a little more objective... Jalen had an atrocious game. Coming off that Denver performance too, this is a regression. He has to be better, plain and simple.

Speaking of consistent steps, and forward, Jabari is cooking with peanut oil this year. Get the guy some more shots.

Jock/Jeff combined 15 minutes for 1 rebound. Even Christian Wood scored a point. Unacceptable.

We need Dillon the Villain back. Chillin' Dillon is not the guy. Russell was talking trash and Dillon runs up to bury a 3 in his face. The rest of the game he just seemed passive.

Offense was really stagnant. No motion, not much ball movement. Not great. Turnovers out the wazoo. Bad.

I don't think I could overstate how poor the officiating was.

Lebron's spin move is a travel. I get it, he's the most accomplished player around but geez. Gather, R - R - L - jumpstop/jump (or LLR) is a travel by all definitions. He just does it like 6x a game. There was one where he was a step slow on a pass but caught it, took a step and jump stopped. I get what he's doing, but guy caught the ball and wasn't already in that motion. Then he switched pivots and started a dribble like he was on the post. I know he's the King. I know it's in LA. But let's be reasonable.

The Tari dunk that wasn't... there's no reason the league has to show everyone but the refs that it was a clean play and continue on like it wasn't because the referees are too emotional to admit they missed a call. It was close, tough call. You missed it. It's really ok. Just review it next break and let the replay official make the right call.

Oh look another 4 day break! Don't worry, we play every other night for the next 2 months.

clos4life and JumpMan like this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Wow. What is Lebron the language police?

Ime a real one for that. Called him a baby straight to his face.

clos4life, BigShasta, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Did this actually happen?

PWR likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Terming it "screaming at the top of his lungs" is a bit dramatic.

Alpe bailed on a double team and pretty much let AD walk to the rim. Fred's tough but he's clearly outmatched. Alpe just kind of smooth-brained it. Jabari was a little animated but he wasn't screaming, also he's right to be upset about it.

And yeah, then he sent a smooth brain pass straight to DLo.

19. PWR

PWR Member

Not sure why we don't just match Sengun's minutes with Tari's minutes. The data from last year and this year support it.

Duo of Sengun+Jabari net rating...
    Last year: -11.5
    This year: +3.9

Duo of Sengun+Tari net rating...
    Last year: +1.1
    This year: +26.1

It's clear as day who Sengun needs to be paired with.

Ankara1923 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, I saw it. I think Sengun missed his assignment. Jabari got mad and yelled but it wasn't all that.

Dankstronaut and fckbandwagons like this.