1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aging Lebron

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by daywalker02, Dec 12, 2022.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. clos4life

clos4life Member

Vince had unreal athleticism, makes Lebron look like a fat hippo in comparison.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Huh?

Lebron at 39 playing 33 mins averaging 24/7/6
    Carter at 39 playing 15 mins averaging 6//2/0.49

I'm not even sure what you are talking they both looked extremely athletic in that clip. Bron looks slower cuz he has 20 pounds on Carter doesn't mean he isn't athletic lol wtf.

plutoblue11 and eman like this.
  4. clos4life

clos4life Member

Lebron is an all time great, but in that clip Lebron looked like a fat hippo landing while Vince looked like a prime time ballerina.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Fat hippos don't do 360 layups past 2 defenders, that's like the opposite of a fat hippo. It wouldn't even be a highlight if Lebron looked like a fat hippo to begin with. To do a 360 layup you need to have good coordination, agility and hang time so nah you're just capping.

#245 roslolian, Dec 5, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
  6. eman

eman Contributing Member

Lebron's moving a lot more mass. Both incredibly athletic at 39, and with those miles on their bodies. Amazing. Amazing.

roslolian likes this.
  7. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I wish age would catch up to the man.
    I am tired of hearing about him.

grape and roslolian like this.
  8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Fat hippo almost broke his own hip with that fall at the end.

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Good thing he didn't cuz he will still play at a high level for 5 more years just to spite haters like you.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

Amazing player. All time great. No hate here.

But when it came to being compared with the grace of Vince at the same age one looks like a ballerina landing after the complex move and the other like a fat hippo.

11. pacertom

pacertom Member

Lebron will someday hurt himself by flopping too hard

clos4life likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

LeFlop :D

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nah. Even calling him an all time great shows you are a hater because Lebron is at minimum top 2 not an all time great. Calling a dude who just did a 360 layup a fat hippo in anyway shape or form shows you really are a hater. That's like calling Newton dumb because he isn't as smart as Einstein. Literally nobody will agree with you because that highlight shows how athletic Lebron is at his age and you are calling him a fat hippo? If Carter was that much athletic over Lebron he wouldn't be averaging 6 ppg, it's all your biased opinion. Super graceful and athletic compared to Lebron but can't play more than 15 mins and score over 6 ppg? Lol.

Whats even a bigger joke is you don't take Carters smaller mass into account, if Carter had Lebron's weight he prob won't even be able to do a 360 anymore.

I don't really care whether you hate Lebron or not I just found your post super dumb. Like seeing Mr Beast's video creating wells in Africa and then calling him selfish. Your conclusion is literally opposite of what the highlight is about.

#253 roslolian, Dec 6, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2023
  14. clos4life

clos4life Member

Just like the Olympics, gotta stick the landing. The dude flailed like a fat hippo rolling in mud on that landing while Vince looked like he was ready to jump up and dunk that ish if it didn't go in.

15. invocux

invocux Member

He's too talented to become ass over a night. It's like Messi and Ronaldo their regression was also barely noticable even at 36-37.

roslolian likes this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lebron fished for fouls doesn't mean he couldn't stay standing if he wanted to. He didn't look at all like a fat hippo for starters he is jacked AF and some people swear he is on roids so nah he isn't even fat. On that alone your simile makes zero sense. Carter doesn't look like he can dunk that ish to me he can't dunk at will anymore since he barely scored over 6 ppg.

I dunno maybe you think you are so smart having such a hot take but to me your post is just nonsensical, ******** on Lebron's athleticism in a highlight showcasing exactly that is a total headscratcher. This is my last post on this if you still think a jacked up 6'8 39 yr old dude making a 360 no scope layup is a fat hippo that's your problem.

17. clos4life

clos4life Member

May not look like a fat hippo but sure lands like one after a spin 360 layup under the basket. All I'm saying.

18. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Last night LeBron did not tire. He was mentally focused. He was not resting on defense. At his age, that sort of stuff is incredible. As in, not credible... I mean, I never injected LeBron with the juice, but still. Just saying. :p

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

I would honestly agree but isn't the juice supposed to destroy your longevity? If you look at Dwade for example he had a relatively short career cuz he was obviously on the juice (look at his jaw).

The fact that Lebron is 39 still doing these things is prob the biggest proof he is clean.

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Maybe it depends on the drugs. Barry Bonds and Roger Clemons played longer on whatever they took. LeBron might be on things that aren't banned or even known yet. And the player's body matters. Wade was already breaking down before entering the league. LeBron didn't play 82 games in a season much, but he never suffered a major injury either.

LeBron is the most athletic player on the floor most of the time. Usually, he looks like that in bursts while he rests on defense or when he doesn't have the ball. Against the Suns, he was that the entire game. It looks suspicious. If he does it again tonight and then again on Saturday night, it'll look even worse.

In the moment, people don't want to talk about it. They'd rather be amazed like when Sosa and McGuire were blasting home runs looking like monsters. Same happened with Bonds and Clemons. Everyone is amazed with LeBron now, but there has been some smoke that people blew away in the form of some reported connections between people around LeBron and PEDs. We'll see if anything comes of it.