1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka not happy with Rockets "physicality" after loss to Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 3, 2023.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol, Jim, only Ime can use 'achieved something' before the tally at season's end, right?

It is a term many use without thinking about it, so look at it that way.

CHAMPBOY and jim1961 like this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

:)

#42 jim1961, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  3. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Bron owns ime

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We can't be physical with anyone else because of the refs.

I can't believe Ime was ejected and Lebron carried away by the ref.

cmoak1982 and napalm06 like this.
  5. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Bron owns the officials. Will be glad when he's out of the league. He can spend all of his time crying on twitter about how people's opinions of him don't match his Chosen One tattoo.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's true, but a coach is never going to say "nice job winning this game in November, guys. We've really achieved something this season."

They're going to say "good job, move on to the next one. Don't get lazy. Hard work now pays off in April."

jim1961 likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

He never commits fouls. Ever. No one seems to find this in the least bit suspicious.

shakes05 and JayGoogle like this.
  8. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

dont be salty. We are better than that. Appreciate greatness while we still can

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look my earlier post was that Silas said the same things - I fully expect IMe to fix it.....what I am pissed about is that he didn't do it LAST NIGHT - he could have benched the offenders for a half or a quarter - just to make a point.

That is what I want to see, guys that aren't playing smart - or are playing soft to sit on the bench, I don't care if it means we play Gleague players.....we need a consistent effort - and if that is what it takes, I hope he does it.

Now, I know because our former knucklehead Honcho got cut, it has hurt our depth behind Jalen, but it doesn't matter put in Bullock, hell give Cam Whitmore a chance.....someone that will push Jalen ......same for any player.

DD

Mr.Scary, fattz and CHAMPBOY like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The Rockets seem to struggle with size near the basket. Alpi is a somewhat undersized center, and we don’t really have a true big man other than him (Landale being a total bust).

I think the identity of this team needs to be an aggressive defense, and let our offense flow from that. Way too many defensive breakdowns last night.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

He's right and is doing great. We're currently 8-9, last year we were 8-18 before we got the eighth win. Sengun is playing better than ever and might make an all-star team, Jabari has gotten better, all of our team metrics have taken significant jumps or leaps at this point in the season.

The predicted wins were in the mid-30s from the majority in this forum, I know it's tough to ask but fans need to learn patience and be realistic. Let them improve over the full season and see where we are at.

BigMaloe and ramotadab like this.
  13. OremLK

OremLK Member

He ain't wrong. League has been giving LeBron soft calls for over two decades now and dude still complains and acts entitled.

14. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

"To kind of get punked by a team that's not known for physicality or punking people is not a good sign."

I hate that he has to say it, but I love that he's telling it like is.

slothy420, burlesk, JumpMan and 4 others like this.
  15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Ime is pushing the team to be more physical, but we have some players who are not physical but are soft mentally and physical…..Jalen is a passive player and nothing close to a ALPHA PLAYER. Jabari needs to stop doing YOGA, and needs to do some curls in one hand and a protein shake in the other. We need Tari to play at least 25 minutes a game! Jabari has improved but his defense and BOXING OUT IN THE PAINT is below average. Pablo and Chet are STARS in this league, I do not think the same as Jabari…he is a good player. Tari needs to start, he outplayed Jabari in Summer League last year and in regular season. Tari bring the physicality in the paint, drive to the basket and shoot consistently. Tari needs to start, I’m tired of keep holding his hand every game. Tired of holding Jalen Green’s hands, he is passive when driving to the basket, he does not square up and play defense. Cam needs to play more in each game with the starters, he can shoot, bring physicality when driving to the basket, bring physicality to defense and rebounding. If Ime let Cam play with the starters, you will see a difference in our team.

Tari needs to start OR play 25 minutes a game and Cam does not need to start but play more with the starters……Ime please listen to me

fattz and HardenReturns like this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

[​IMG]

17. TimDuncanDonaut

Rockets were getting called fouls on. Saying more physicality is fine, except, the coaching should be more practical: how to be more physical without being fouls called on.

In Q1, every Lakers player were just falling down for no apparent reason. Notice how once the game was in their favor, the floor stopped being slippery. Ham and Lakers had it as an emphasis.

#57 TimDuncanDonaut, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Then he should have played more Tate !!

19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun's physicality will be a continuous problem. This is exactly why a more traditional center would be more fit

CantStopJG24 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

slothy420, burlesk, JumpMan and 3 others like this.