1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Broncos @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 30, 2023.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Watching some Broncos tape from last 3 games.

Against Cleveland: multiple drives ended by fumbles. One on a reverse(bad handoff) and one on a QB under center snap(bad center exchange). Dorian Thompson threw a wide open 2 pt conversion to take the lead and was dropped by Cooper. Dorian got injured. Game got out of hand post second turnover.

Against Minnesota: QB Fumble on an illegal hit outside the pocket, RB fumble(own lineman knocked the ball out), Minnesota defender misses wide open pic(insane drop). Denver keeps possession and kicks ball next down for 3. Minnesota loses by 1.

Against Bills: WR fumbles trying to gain extra yards(play should have been called dead), Wide open receiver doesn't catch pass, skips through hands and is intercepted, Josh Allen another pick, Bills with a fumble due to bad handoff to Running back(denver recovers). Broncos kick to win game and miss it. 12 men on field. Rekick and win the game.

You can make your own assumptions, but I will say that the Texans need to keep the turnovers on the low end.

A lot of turnover luck for Denver.

2. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Need some advice: Going to the game for the first time in years. We have a parking pass, but is it better to park somewhere near a light rail stop and ride that in to avoid the traffic going in and out of the stadium area? What's the best way to get in and out of there?

Thanks in advance. We'll be in our seats early and I'll be loud af. Go Texans.

3. Buck Turgidson

Drive. Get there early. Make friends & eat/drink at random tailgates. Don't be in a huge hurry to leave, it'll take a while.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I typically sell my pass unless I'm going to set up a tailgate myself. If you are going to do that then drive and get there early. If not I would park next to the rail and catch that.

eric.81 likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

6. ThisIsAlanR

ThisIsAlanR Member

Do I need to buy tickets to go to the tailgating stuff?

7. Buck Turgidson

Just a parking pass to park in the parking lot where you park

8. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

It's nice to have an injury report with only 9 players on it. I guess the other 26 are in IR so they don't show up any more.

ROCKSS, desihooper and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Use the pass if you have it, but park in the back near the spot where you enter and exit the lot. People always drive as far in to the stadium as possible but park in the back

Pro tip: from a yellow lotter.

10. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, tell me he didn't actually watch the game without telling me he didn't actually watch the game.

J_Hunter_1977 and jch1911 like this.
  11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE="Buck Turgidson, post: 14951889, member: 3493" ]Make friends & eat/drink at random tailgates. [/QUOTE]

If you leave a Texans home game hungry, you're doing it wrong.

12. SuraGotMadHops

As others have said, if you are going to park at a stadium lot, get there early, and either leave the game early or hang around after the game for awhile. Otherwise you should plan to be stuck is some traffic in the lot and on the roads exiting. I usually only park in a stadium lot if I am tailgating, and I usually feel bad for the folks I see coming and going from the lot just for parking.

When I am just attending a game, I park at the Texas Medical Center Garage 1 on Dryden, it is cheap and right by a rail station that is only about 2 stops away from NRG. The rail can get a little crowded post-game, but they have lots of trains coming back to back so it's usually not too bad.

PS - if you decide to sell your parking pass DM me, I might want to buy it depending on which lot it is.

ROCKSS and eric.81 like this.
  13. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Pretty important game for both teams in terms of possible playoff implications. I really hope our defense shows up and the OL has a bounce back game. Expecting a low scoring affair.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I worry about a scrambling QB and receivers coming uncovered. They need to be disciplined in their rush, maintain gap integrity, and get Wilson on the ground.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Broncos Offense/Defense YPG during their 5-game win streak.

Offense:
    Rushing → 127 YPG
    Passing → 178.8 YPG

Defense:
    Rushing → 134.6 YPG
    Passing → 204 YPG

16. TexasRedd

TexasRedd Member

Been messing around on the NYT playoff probability site. Texans current odds to make the playoffs are at 57%. Looks like the Texans playoff odds jump to something like 73% with a win and drop to 35% with a loss.

17. thejav

thejav Member

Texans about to be . 500 unfortunately.

18. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

Denver's fluke winning streak ends Sunday

MadMax likes this.
  20. Qan

Qan Member