1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Cybertruck - New Tesla Pickup Unveiling

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 21, 2019.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Let's see how Earth responds.

MadMax, Amiga and Buck Turgidson like this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

lol

3. Buck Turgidson

ROCKSS and jo mama like this.
  4. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Driving with my wife the other day and she yells "What the fck"

I'm like what's wrong?

"What the fck is that thing"

I look behind us and see a square metal taillight peeking through traffic lol

I was surprised she'd never seen it before online over the years, I explained what it was, she said it was the ugliest truck she's ever seen.

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This thing is going to go down as one of the biggest disasters in automotive History in my opinion.

It's already halfway there in my opinion. Once people get them in hand and realize they're impossible to keep clean, and that something as simple as bird poop can mar the look, it's going to be even more of a disaster.

And then on top of that you got the fact that Tesla is riddled with QC issues and they're trying to make a cubist vehicle that has to be fit together with extreme precision. That's something they've never shown they can do before. What makes anyone think they're going to change now?

It's never going to work. Hope I'm wrong.

I wanted one of these initially, they seem so different and cool. But now, and no pun intended. After all these years, the luster has worn off.

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That thing is so ugly it's beautiful.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Maggie GyllenHAUL

9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw one a few weeks ago, it was dope

10. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

The specs of the CT didn't surprise me. The AWD trim range of 340 miles is a little better than peers, but not by much.

The price is much higher than I expected though. I did not expect the AWD trim to be $80k. I thought it would be around $70k max to be about the same as the F150L Flash. The Flash trim just seems like a more useful truck for a lot less money at around $72k MSRP (and likely much less with dealer discounts). Instead of making solid, safe design choices, Tesla went with stainless steel body, 4 wheel steering, and air suspension that probably costs a ton of manufacture.

I don't see anyone buying the CT for any reason other than the looks and uniqueness of it. I expect a lot of the family hauling market will be turned off by the looks.

I thought maybe CT could be a market disruptor and wow everyone with range or price, neither happened yesterday.

Two Sandwiches and Sajan like this.
  11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Honestly, it’s pretty cool

JumpMan likes this.
  13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Anyone following the product development with the confirmed features knew this was not going to be a cheap vehicle. The dual motor was going to cost at the very least 70k at release. This is also premium release price. Costs will come down over time as high cost features get refined, replaced or removed.

The government market will be all over this, especial law enforcement. The industrial market will find a huge use for it, even at this price point.

People who think they need to drive the biggest vehicle on the road (douchebags) and your light commercial operators (lawn services, ect ...) will pass on it. This isn't suppose to replace the Raptor or 150.

jchu14 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  14. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Tesla's build quality is S H I T.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No way Govt. buys these. Tesla's reliability is crap. They will stick with F-150s.

16. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That lady almost ruins The Dark Knight for me. :confused: I even heard the scene where the Joker says she's beautiful won Heath Ledger the Oscar. No disrespect.

Sajan and Xerobull like this.
  17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Jake is certainly the more attractive twin. Rawr.

JumpMan and Sajan like this.
  18. Sajan

Sajan Member

LOL. For a tesla super fan, you do say some dumb sht.

That's literally the TAM for Cybertruck. Douchebags who want the biggest vehicle on the road.

[​IMG]

Tesla Cybertruck seen next to Ford F-250 giving size comparison

[​IMG]

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Personally I think anyone who drives a cybertruck is holding up a big sign that says: "Rob me. I have money and I'm not sure what I'm doing with it"

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Random thought, but I'm wondering how the silver ones will do in bright sunlight - won't they reflect it a lot and become a distraction for other drivers?

Also, that thing will have 99.9 % male buyers, but that's probably directionally true for most trucks.

Some men will love these and literally every heterosexual woman will say it's the fugliest thing they have ever seen.