1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah it's been that way since the entire of last season too, where he scored over 20 pts in the majority of his games and his top 10 games were so clearly above and beyond every single other member of the roster in counting stats AND efficiency that the whole r****ded narrative of "he's only good once every 3 or 4 games" just makes people look flat out biased and like they don't even watch the Rockets play...

2. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I wouldn't call Tari mid. I think he is a really good role player

3. i3artow i3aller

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I don’t think that would work out as well as you think. We need additional playmakers and scorers off the dribble. Tari has developed a decent mid range shot but he’s not typically taking guys off the dribble and we all know about his woes at the line. Green just needs to focus on off ball action more so that when he isn’t handling the ball he’s not a complete dud. But I don’t want to reduce the impact of our second unit defense by stacking Tari Jabari and Brooks.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds very suspect

6. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Thank you!
    DaDakota is like a blind man at a nudist colony, grabbing at anything that moves.

DaDakota is so bad at analyzing player development that he was fired from his make believe job as GM of the Washington Generals.

Anyone who would suggest starting Eason over Green is dumb, plain and simple. If Udoka did that he might get fired at the end of the season.

Watch the game last night and that shows you all you need to know. I would argue that if you want the best of JG4, start him and Holliday and have FVV come to the bench. Green is a very good defender and our best penetrator. He is as good a passer as Alperen and he is good at getting the ball to Jabari, which Alperen doesn’t do as well (mainly because Alpi is playing in the post).

Again, FVV is here to take a bunch of shots and get his next (and like last) big contract. He doesn’t care how the Rockets do long term.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So many GOF's......nipping at the silver back!

DD

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Green is streaky; when he is hot, he is really hot, and then he is not. Consistency will be the key and hopefully will come with experience. I don't see him as the total package. Coaching should make a difference. The jury is definitely still out.

Hakeemtheking and AroundTheWorld like this.
  9. IVFL

IVFL Member

DaDakota has over 100,000 posts, confirming the old saying "An empty wagon makes the most noise"

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

My wagon is CHALK full of knowledge whether the kids decide to listen is a whole other matter.

:)

DD

11. J Rock

J Rock Member

I don’t agree. I am just as disappointed in these slow starts as the next fan (maybe more) but we have to remember this kid is only 21. I’m willing to give him this season to work things out because I feel like Ime is using this year to decide who stays and who goes. He did recovery nicely last night even though our floor general didn’t even play. Let’s try to exercise some patience.

Pistol Pete and Rocketeer like this.
  12. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

hes an "ok" role player. A really good role player is like kcp or if you want an example of someone younger jalen williams

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Is green at .560 ts for a 3rd year 2 guard?
    That's Ant and Dbook trajectory no?

Alpi is on that Jokic plan though.

backwardhead likes this.
  14. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

LMAO

15. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Up until today I have stood by you. Mostly stalking from the shadows I admit. But this....I don't know....Are you getting enough vitamin D? I'm asking for a friend.

That said, it might happen whether we want it or not. In which case we should change the title from CFs to DDs. Because you would then be a prophet.

And prophets are not to be F'd with! Seriously!

#115 backwardhead, Nov 30, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2023
  16. dmoneybangbang

It's just asinine. We can debate whether or not Green will ever take a major leap forward, but this thread is dumb.

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Psst... the term is "chock full" - no chalk involved. Unless your wagon is carrying a lot of chalk in addition to the knowledge.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jalen Williams of OKC is going to be an All Star type because his game is very versatile and he can do various things.....

Same goes for Chet.

I think Cason Wallace will be a pretty good role player.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I stand with DD <3

20. Rokman

Rokman Member

I have a feeling that post All-Star break, Rockets are going to go on a run, like 12 straight games and Greens down time during that week will be behind a turn in his performance.