1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you think Sengun is the Rockets best player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 26, 2023.

?

Is Sengun the Rockets best player?

1. Yes

81.0%
  2. No

19.0%
  1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Limiting him?

Nope.

Downtown Sniper and Ankara1923 like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Duck Fallas! Sengun is special

My kid texted me today, “Luka is playing tomorrow”

I texted him back, “Luka is losing tomorrow”

He responded, “Damn right!”

Go Rockets!

cmoak1982, Easy, cml750 and 3 others like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I love it!

Feels great to be a Rockets fan right now, best in many years, and the Alpi kid is one major reason for it.

4. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

D.Lively and Powell can't limit Alp. They will try Grant Williams instead who should be an easy meatball for Sengun.

Old School74 likes this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My kid asked for a Sengun tshirt for Christmas…when I searched for it I found a jersey around the same price. He’ll be surprised unless he reads this…he made an account here a long time ago, but he lives off twitter.

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I think @Clutch is also offering a "Senhub" shirt.

I'd encourage @Clutch to offer a "NOPE" shirt. I'd buy, if only for the lulz ;).

cml750 likes this.
  7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

maypk and AlperenSengun like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alpe 2 Fouls? 31 points ....lol nice. Brooks fouled out.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yes, and Jalen Green is not keeping up with the team

DD

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Rhetorical question

11. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

It's funny because during the game tonight I was looking at Alpie's overall stats and asking myself this EXACT question, only in the context of if he bumps his rebounds up to 10 by the end of the year! (20-10 guy)
    I figured ........MAYBE Lebron but as it turns out.......NO ONE EVER!
    Talk about rarefied air!

RudyTBag likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Watching the team feed their best player and watching him do what the team's best player is meant to do, was beautiful down the stretch.

If only Sengun had a competent and consistent option in the SG position he and this team would be even more dangerous.

cml750 likes this.
  13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

DD always speaks in opposites.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

DD is wrong so many times.

15. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Oh, for sure, it's a treat to watch a team’s overrated player take the reins when it's crunch time. But the notion that Sengun is the Rockets' saving grace might be a little bit overplayed.
    Now, don't get me wrong, he's got skills and could dance in the post with the best of them. However, saying that all Houston’s missing is a steady shooting guard to make them contenders is, well, a stretch. There's a whole lot more to unpack with this crew.

Holding Sengun up as the unchallenged best player overlooks the complexity of the game. The NBA ain't just about stats and highlights—it's about impact, defense, and yeah, winning. Sengun's a talent, but to steer a team to the promised land? That's a team effort, and it goes way beyond just having a sharpshooter riding shotgun.

Also, peep this – talk about overrated, it’s easy to get caught up in a few flashy plays and ignore the bigger picture. Effective field goal percentage, defensive ratings, and plus-minus, those numbers throw some serious shade at the “Sengun supremacy” narrative.

It’s not just about one position needing an upgrade. The Rockets are playing 4D chess while we're here playing checkers, thinking it’s all about one piece. It's about depth, versatility, and that almighty chemistry.

In the end, it’s cool and all to believe in your guy, but let's keep our feet on the ground. Overstating Sengun's current slice of the pie might have us all forgetting about the rest of the ingredients needed to cook up a real contender in H-Town.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What a strange post.
    Alperen Sengun has the highest eFG, Defensive Rating, and the highest BPM on the Houston Rockets.

cryout75, Zen Tabak, subtomic and 5 others like this.
  17. OnlyRockets

OnlyRockets Member

Oh, you're coming in hot with those stats for Sengun, I see you! But, let’s chat about that for a sec. Stats, yeah, they're cool, they're flashy, they fill up a spreadsheet real nice, but they're not the whole convo, you know?

Sengun's got the numbers on lock, true that. Highest eFG, Defensive Rating, and BPM, that's all fine and good. Props to him for filling up the stat sheet. But let's not pretend basketball's just a numbers game. If it was, we'd just let the computers hand out the rings and call it a day, right?

Here's the deal—basketball's got soul, man. It's jazz, it's art, it's that thing you feel in your gut when a player hits the court. It's about who makes the crowd lose their minds, who's got kids mimicking their moves on the playground. That's the "It Factor." And that? It ain't always in the stats.

Picture this: Jalen Green soaring through the air, posterizing defenders left and right. That stuff's infectious, my friend. Kids aren’t staying up late crunching numbers; they're dreaming of that Green game-winning buzzer-beater they want to recreate.

Plus, think about impact beyond the box score. Who’s drawing double-teams, freeing up teammates, who's shifting the whole defense just 'cause they stepped inside the arc? That's the stuff that doesn’t show up in your eFG% or BPM.

So while your boy Sengun's killing it on the stat sheet—and that’s real—basketball’s heart beats way beyond those numbers. It's about moments, memories, and who lights up the league with something you can't calculate. Give it time. Stats are cool, but legends are made of more than that.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hey NBA if you're going to brag about your new international star and his stats how about not ******* his team every night with the whistle?

Kyrie couldn't be looked at and was awarded for flopping multiple times, Rockets were ready to run and hide and win this game then it was Kyrie to the line over and over and over again until Dallas had the lead.

Don't go bragging on our guy while your refs give his team 0 respect.

19. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I was listening to the Dallas broadcast, Dirk happened to be commentating all game today. He seemed to like what he was seeing with Sengun giving a lot of props. Towards the end he said he would of liked to see a little more from Jalen.

So right now Sengun is the best player, Jalen really needs to lift his game if he wants to be the best player on the team. Perhaps show up in the fourth quarter of important games.

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard!

Zen Tabak and subtomic like this.