1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Mavericks 11/28/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 27, 2023.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I hope Coach Ime makes adjustments.

It's time to start feeding Al-P early and often.

Eason needs more minutes, he is already out best defensive/energy guy. Brooks is a tone setter at best. Eason has the tools

Cam Whitmore needs to get an opportunity

Jalen should have been subbed for Tari after his late tuenover

2. Holybats

Holybats Member

On the bright side, such an away game is huge upgrade from last year. But at the end this team is so young and they need time.

3. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Sengun is on the cusp and Jabari is looking good, but we need someone else to take a leap and it's not going to be Jae'sean Tate. I hope all of his minutes go to Amen.

bluffkin likes this.
  4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Jalen Green started slow in the first quarter. He then shot 4-8 across the second and third quarter.........then got 0 shots in the 4th quarter.

The refs though, they gave the Mavs anything they wanted.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Get that man an ayahuasca

Some players just don't have the mentality to be a star despite their talent. Anxiety, fear, and or whatever other mental blocks can be tremendous hurdles that are never overcome. Guys who don't have the head to bring it every night but host a ton of talent usually end up being bench guys.

But I know he's young, and yes Im also hoping for the best

6. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Jalen sucks. I'm ready to get for him what we can.

GotGame15 likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

8. SamsonCorletwo

I think FVV should do better cos he is 40m level player that is a lot of money
    And Slias waste a lot of time for everyone

9. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

Lol what a downright idiotic post. Cam at this point would be terrible. Jalen Green has been fine for the most part. He’s been inefficient but he plays within the system and will get better as he grows more comfortable. I think he needs to add some muscle but he’s not even 22 yet.

Cam is a 19 year old rookie who is raw AF. His court awareness is downright non existent. He has no court vision and not much skill. He can shoot a bit but he is still a bit of a project at this point. If Cam got Jalen’s minutes, he would for sure average a negative double digit plus minus.

#1709 Prince_Hakeem, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    ramotadab likes this.
  10. prs325

prs325 Member

I wished Tari came in for Brooks after fouling out

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Tari should not have come out. Why was holiday in there in place for Tari. Can you name one positive thing he did after Eason was take out? His floater that hit the other side of the backboard was basically a turnover too

HardenReturns, HD729 and ramotadab like this.
  12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Tough loss. We could have won if it wasn't for the refs or our stupid mistakes. Still good to see the team recover after the first quarter, Sengun and Bari grow each game.

On a player level, the only thing is Jalen's score-or-bust type of drives. He needs to be aware of second options and bail himself out when things go wrong.

At least I am sure it is going to be a real learning experience for the team, not the fluff Silas learning experience.

HardenReturns and ramotadab like this.
  13. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Rightfully so, Brooks and Jalen made so many dumb mistakes this game, especially in crunch time where it costed us.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. Losmi_34

Losmi_34 Member

You can blame the refs all you want, but the fact is that this loss is on us. The refs didn't let Jones Jr score 12 in the 4th, We did. I could understand that if We kept Ky and Luka in check, but We didn't.

We had momentum in the 3rd but We got back to being stagnant in the 4th. You can't do that on the road and expect wins. We don't have a bail out option on offense yet. Udoka didn't adjust as he should have. IMO Tari should've finished the game over Jalen. Jabari deserved more shots, he was feeling it tonight. Jalen was once again dissapointing, he's holding back the team right now...

HardenReturns, bro2044, HD729 and 5 others like this.
  15. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

There's a difference between "lack of a skill" and a mental lapse!
    BTW I'm not saying Tari didn't deserve more minutes tonight.
    He is uniquely physically gifted and always plays hard.
    Just that I see such a big improvement if he'd only not have those lapses.
    Kinda like the same way I see JG if he ONLY had a better handle.
    Nothing else, just a better handle and his scoring average is 5 points higher and his fg % is 45% PLUS imo!

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Jalen doesnt think his shots are better than what Sengun can give them. that's a problem. Jalen wants to win so he will let whoever do whatever on offense. Once Jalen thinks him and sengun are on the same level then he might take more shots, but I dont know.

This is why I don't like FVV to have most of the PnR's with sengun all the time. Ime gonna have to build up Jalen's confidence some how

Jalen used to think he was the best player in the NBA. the swag is gone.

HD729 and ramotadab like this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

18. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

He already accepted to be shadow of KPJ. Do you think him to accept the leadership of Alp is a big deal?

HardenReturns and ramotadab like this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I wonder what Tari was saying when he was taken out in the 4Q; he seemed pissed.

20. Jags

Jags Member

This.

Sengun would be averaging 30 by now if he had the same post-up touches as Embiid. No one can guard Sengun — it’s a bucket, foul, or assist 9 times out of 10. Mismatch every time down. Feed him.

HardenReturns, HD729, bro2044 and 3 others like this.