1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Texans HAVE to draft Bryce Young

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Dec 9, 2022.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Meanwhile CJ Stroud has 3300 passing yards, 19 TDs to only 5 INT with over a 100 passer rating average

cant say it enough- thanks Lovie for the fu win turned out to be the best thing in the world

3. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Who’s left? Lol

deb4rockets likes this.
  4. thejav

thejav Member

Damn. Bryce got his own mama fired.

5. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So prophetic!!

6. vince

vince Member

I hate to see a young player struggle. From all accounts I see, Bryce Young is an outstanding young man.

But I must admit I dreaded the Texans making him their top pick. His size was concerning. Especially when you see those mammoth interior linemen, whose arms are as big as the Referees entire torsos. Which was why I was all on board the Will Anderson train at #2 pick.

Seems Bryce Young is a very polite and an overall standout person. But I’m glad Carolina Panthers have to deal with those growing pains and not the Texans.

7. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ridiculous how everyone made us and the Texans owners out to be racist just because the coaches were black, when there are teams like the panthers going 11 games with one, and bouncing around just as much. And I don’t want to hear “no it’s bad because they always planned on it being 1 year” you don’t know that, any more than Reich was a stop gap too. Bad coaching is bad coaching. Culley and Lovie sucked at it. Reich and that ownership is bad too. Colts almost went with Jeff Saturday.

Anyways, it’s nice to see that other teams can be poorly run and we can watch from the other side for once..

ROXRAN and raining threes like this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#2088 zeeshan2, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  9. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

10. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

What an idiot. Truly a dumbass owner who should not be involved.

Clearly trying to save face for ****ing up.

11. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

i-dont-believe-you-ron-burgundy.gif

clos4life, mikol13 and RunninRaven like this.
  12. vince

vince Member

I think Carolina is realizing they passed up on a generational talent; and they are panicking royally. I remember hearing before the draft that the coach preferred Stroud, but ownership wanted Young.

Perhaps why the coach was fired, the Ownership remembers the colossal blunder they did, and are constantly reminded of it by merely being in the same room with the coaches they ignored.

I can feel empathy for Carolina fans predicament. But I am overjoyed that the Texans starting QB looks and plays like the MVP as soon as his rookie season!

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He played himself. He thought the Texans would give up picks to move up and GOAT Caserio was like nah bro, you do you.

F*^king hedge funder thinking he can Gordon Gecko his way through the NFL.

14. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Ok, but can you imagine, caserio moved up to #1, and takes Stroud?? This board would have lost its collective mind. I’m not asking to hear from all the “no, I always had stroud as the best qb” crowd, but the vast majority that were scared of the S2 test, the OSU history, the worrisome under pressure… etc. can you imagine if we gave up draft capital to get him and then we’re all backpedaling? Myself included. Man it’s just nice to have things work out FOR ONCE.

everyday eddie, cbass, ROXRAN and 3 others like this.
  15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I feel bad for young bc no one would be panicking if cj was not doing as good. I think the panthers need to ignore houston and just focus on developing their rookie qb

18. Puppet Master

Puppet Master Member

Texans did that themselves with Bob McNairs inmates comment and Easterbys judge of character of the black players. Don't forget about the Hopkins "baby mamas" in practice issue

Organization just reeked of racism. Not putting that on Cal because it's not fair but you know the saying "apple doesn't fall far from the tree". Unfortunately the perception falls on the son even if he hasn't shown signs of those assumptions

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

That is a racist comment which supposes having character can only be achieved by white folk. This has been proven wrong every time a white person shows lack of character and the many times POC show it in spades.

Character truly is the issue. Not the pigment.

I'll take the character of Thomas Sowell over that of Joe Biden every day of the week and twice on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.

I hate being drawn into this crap ON THIS SIGHT. I love it on Patriots.com. But I have difficulty letting crap go when it's spouted as fact rather than a very bad analysis.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Within a speech filled with errors of history and financial and historic propaganda, MLK, Jr. found a Pearl of Wisdom.

#2099 Marshall Bryant, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    raining threes likes this.
  20. StroudAndYorDaddy

no sub 6'2 qb will ever get drafted in the first round ever again. thx alot bryce

raining threes likes this.