1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Jaguars @ Texans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Nov 23, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well we had no business even being in that game....

Another close loss that should have been a win with better execution and planning.

Team is just a year away.....still nothing to worry about...other than cut that piece of **** kicker.

DD

everyday eddie, whag00 and arabrocket like this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Great overall game as a fan but I am tired of almost winnable games with this team. The Texans did get several calls against them that were flat out terrible (the two PI's to put them inside the 1-2 yd line).

Kudos to the coach that called the time out when the Texans had 12 men on defense on a 4th and 7 (on Mcmanus 53 yard miss).

The Jags were picking on Nelson (Ridley got him a lot) most of the game but he really had some good stops down the stretch.

Honestly, the decision to take the ball out of the hands to give the kicker another chance to miss from 50+ just doesnt make too much sense given that Amendola's career long was 48 and the career CJ has had so far (unless this is what the NFL wanted...)

Think the NFL wanted us to ONLY compete for the Wild-Card.

Rocket River and gfab-babyboi like this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

Had a shot at the end even after all the ref bs. I'm loving this team again.

I'm thinking about the 3 and 12 play where CJ had what felt like an eternity to throw there but threw incomplete. Even if short of the sticks it would've set up a more makeable kick. 3rd and 4th and 1 play calls...a play here or play there and we win this game. Texans made enough plays to win regardless, but not enough to overcome the refs giving the Jags points and costing us points.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. Qan

Qan Member

Hope CJ is alright. 2nd game in a row he got hit good...he really needs to learn to protect himself.

whag00 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. Buck Turgidson

MadMax likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

He turned upfield before the ball was snapped. This ain't the CFL.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

CJ needs to run more against that umbrella defense......they have 7-8 men in coverage, run for 7 yards and get down...

DD

8. thejav

thejav Member

Broncos D line going to wreck our O line. about to be .500 next week.

9. Buck Turgidson

Bulls**t

He's already pretty damn great for a rookie.

10. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

**** yeah it was the refs. They completely took over the game.

Stephen66 and everyday eddie like this.
  11. StroudAndYorDaddy

the nfl NEVER expected cj stroud to be this good so soon, they had to step in today to save lawrence from an embarrasing loss. Listen the nfl already doesnt like black pocket passers unless they are mixed race. But CJ is also unapologetically black and is represented by a contrevesial sports agent and doesnt shy away from that.

In the past black qbs with cj stroud's "swag" were mostly run first qbs like cam and vick. CJ on the other hand is the most advanced pocket passer to come into the league since marino im not counting mahomes because mahomes did not start his first year. In the past the nfl could eliminate these qbs by calling holding calls to make them try and convert 1st and 20 or let defenses beat them up till they get injured. What the NFL is finding out is that CJ literally has no weaknesses and if he does they are very minimal. The refs try and move cj back on a hold well no biggie, cj can and will convert 2nd and 20 like its a 1st and 5. And the fact that he generally doesnt run to just run but runs to throw makes him almost impossible to scheme and rig againist without blantant rig jobs similar to what we saw today.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I did too. And looked good on replay too

Rocket River likes this.
  14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Absolute nonsense. No one will remember the trade, and he’s been great. He’s not the problem.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bro you lost me when you brought up the race angle.

The last superbowl had 2 black QBs.

There used to be a time when black QBs had a stigma around them but I think those days are clearly over.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I’m not convinced there was a massive conspiracy here…but I completely agree with you on the Stroud / Marino comparison.

17. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I don't believe fans want great for a rookie when you give up that kind of draft capital. They want transcendent like Stroud has been. It may not be fair but people are already saying the team needs a good pass rusher in next year's draft.

18. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

See my response to Buck

19. StroudAndYorDaddy

jalen hurts wont have a long career

20. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Why the hell is meco not going after that officiating?!?!