1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2023 NFL Draft/1-2] C.J. Stroud, QB, Ohio State

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 27, 2023.

?

Do you like the selection of C.J. Stroud?

Poll closed Sep 11, 2023.
  1. YES

84.4%
  2. NO

15.6%
  1. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Of course the growth rate is going to go down as the population grows. If a city has one million people and grows by 250k, it'll have a higher growth rate than if it is 1.25M people and grew by another 250k. have you seen the raw numbers? Houston is still gaining over a million folks every decade. Only DFW and Phoenix gain nearly as many when accounting for domestic migration, international immigration, and natural increase. Check for yourself: https://www.recenter.tamu.edu/data/population

You need to update your forecast on Houston because what you're saying is hella outdated. This isnt the 80s. Aside from the huge amount of economic diversity, remote work, and growth prospects, the best thing Houston has going for it right now is being the most affordable metro area over 5 million people (Houston is well over 7M people). There is a lot of investment in Houston right now, you're trippin.

CJ gonna see and realize all that too. Man just moved here. Watch his opinion change on it

#3341 Scarface281, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I spent far too many years in Southern California for my liking while in the Navy. I won't hold his bias against him since that's where he grew up. Home is usually where the heart is, and I'd take Texas any day over Cali. I didn't care for the land of fake plastic people, wannabe Barbies and Kens, ocean water too cold for my liking, grass half as green as here, and seeing gang bangers, druggies, and people begging for a dollar everywhere I went. I didn't feel safe there in the 80's and 90's, and I'm sure it's worse now.

Shark44 and J_Hunter_1977 like this.
  3. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Lolz, you say declining to me. But then you clarify it’s just growing at 1.5% instead of growing at 3%. While everyone flees California.
    Honestly, I’m with @raining threes i don’t really care to get in a who’s the best city convo, just mentioning that being stuck up and expensive doesn’t make you better than every other homer out there. Good for you to get out bro, I’m sure wherever you’re at now is awesome too!

raining threes likes this.
  4. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

My favorite was Deiter immediately being down to change jerseys, and Tunsil just straight screaming in his face after the TD pass and Howard “you like that! You like that, baby!” . You can just tell these linemen and everyone loves and respects him.

texans1095 likes this.
  5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When you become filthy rich, which he will if he stays healthy and gets better, than anywhere can be paradise, regardless of what city you live in. Living in a Multimillion Dollar mansion, in an exclusive neighborhood with people catering to your every need can change anyone's opinion of a city. He could live much better in Houston than Cali, and Southern hospitality goes a long way, but home is usually where the heart is. I imagine star athletes love socializing with the movie stars, producers, and music models in Cali. I just hope he stays a Texan. He can still spend all of his off-season time in Cali, and that wouldn't bother me a bit. He could hate the city but love the team and the coach so much he wants to stay, and that's what is important.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not just pronouncing it wrong but if I remember right…He praised DeMeco and then said Caserio who I worked with, or something to that effect. He didn’t praise Caserio. It was the first thing I thought when I heard that.

7. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

No doubt. Houston will grow on CJ like it has already and he can spend his off-season back home in the IE if he likes. I doubt what he says means he wants to leave the city already. Seems like he wants to lift it up (and has said so repeatedly).

deb4rockets likes this.
  8. raining threes

He's biding his time until after season 3 to decide if Houston is where he wants to get paid.

9. raining threes

TBD

10. verse

verse Contributing Member

New York pizza is the best. Hands down! CA sushi is incredible as well.

11. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Man fans will find anything they can to b**** about. CJ Stroud likes his home state, should we just go ahead and trade his sorry ass for it.

How often has a star QB ever left a situation when the team really wanted him to stay?

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree with your point, but many of these fans are going to point you back to the Deshaun Watson situation, for better or worse...

13. raining threes

I can think of a few.

One in particular.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

15. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

Wow a whole bunch of crap being spewed here. You’re making a non-issue about TODAY, let him cook.

Fulgore and Blatz like this.
  16. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Man, if CJ likes cali food and women, caserio and paint chip eating cal better fly that **** in daily for him. That is all.

Fulgore and Two Sandwiches like this.
  17. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Quick, let's Goldbelly all the Cali food we can find.

18. donkeypunch

Not sure what goldbelly means. Hoarding? Anyway, that's not our job. Cal get the **** on it.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Https://www.goldbelly.com

Its a service that will overnight you food from places on the other side of the country.

No implied endorsement.

donkeypunch likes this.
  20. donkeypunch

Damn, now I can order her favorite dish. I dont have to cook it, I can just order it from Zanzibar?

RunninRaven and Two Sandwiches like this.