1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. YaosDirtyStache

Give me Zach LaVine to build around GOON and lets get that ring. Sengun is the MAN.

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Williamson has been married for 48 hours . . . he hasn't learned **** yet :D

cml750, Williamson and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

What a clown post. First it’s Elton Brand and people were 100% crowning him as one of the best bigs in the league in his prime. He also plays nothing like Sengun.

If Sengun was black, dumbasses like you would unequivocally be supporting him, giving him more hoopla. Stop posting on ClutchFans, try kkk.

4. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m talking about range. My bad, should’ve been more specific

TriumVirate and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. maj21

maj21 Member

@hlmbasketball i get what you’re trying to say about the race thing, but it’s a little off. I think it’s more about him being from Turkey. He has an entire country behind him so of course there’s gonna be more hype, he’s their hero. He’s gonna be the greatest Turkish player ever, so that’s a big deal. If Sengun wasn’t good, I’d understand it more. It kinda goes both ways, like people wouldn’t say he’s “sneaky athletic” if he were black. If Jabari was putting up these numbers, there would be hype as well. Sengun isn’t a star yet, but that’s just based on the label. It’s clear to see that he’ll soon be known as a star league wide.

Boii and Arnel like this.
  6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

@himbasketball
    Dude, stop fighting. It's futile. It's not too late to join us.

[​IMG]

Boii, clos4life, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  7. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

[​IMG]

8. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I like that Alpi loves team ball. But last night there were times I wanted to see him try to dominate and be aggressive. He was mostly content with taking the best shots. That's what we want...but also we want to know if he is HIM. And you can't be a system player and just take smart shots and be HIM. Tim Duncan was as close to that as you can be but he still straight dominated and went after guys when he was feeling it. Sengun last night would be aggressive one play, then play team ball 6 plays in a row. Then he'd play aggressive and repeat. I want to see 3-4 possessions in a row where he says "gimme the f'in ball" and punishes people.

Boii, AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

""nOt wOrtH tHe TRoubLe"

cml750 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is either a troll or a wonderful window into the way you view the game. I can't imagine watching the way Sengun has played so far in his career and coming up with the Elton Brand comp. Like he's just some generic 20 and 10 guy.

Boii, Arnel, Richie_Rich and 2 others like this.
  12. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He’ll figure it out. It’s been 10 games after 2 years of being neglected. It takes time to adjust. I think he is doing quite well. Obviously he has the green light from udoka.

HardenReturns and cml750 like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

14. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

More likely 8-9 range in the assists.

slothy420, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  15. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

the hype is there because Sengun is good. The posters here are mostly American, nba players, coaches recognize him, tons of podcasts on how good he is. What the hell does it have to do with a country behind him, a very false statement anyway. Do you think you would have 3-4 regular Turkish posters here if a country of 80 million really cared that much? The average Turkish soccer player has at least 10 times more popularity and there are dozens of them.

He got the hype delayed because he is white, unathletic for some and people, one coaching staff and an organization did not recognize his value. If a black player with Sengun’s skill set came into the league at 19 years old, he would be viewed a generational talent. Ayton was selected two spots over Luka, who suffered from the same type of bias.

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:eek:

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. conquistador#11

Can you guys believe this? A guard with bad posture made quick work of the best nba center to ever live. Makes you think.

18. maj21

maj21 Member

I was talking about just all around. I know American people are on the hype train as well, but I’m saying it’s a big deal bc he’s also the best ever from Turkey. That’s all I’m saying, just an entire country is behind him as well. Im not just talking about on here, but Twitter as well. You completely missed my point

Boii and harold bingo like this.
  19. invocux

invocux Member

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

Are there any doubters left? Any holdouts? Anyone still looking for that “lob threat” or “rim protector”?

Everything should be through the lens of building around him and playing through him.