1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 11/19/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2023.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

He can be a fine role player for someone…though I’m still not sure what that role is. He doesn’t fit a role real well if he’s not aggressive going to the cup, to be honest. Oh and he doesn’t finish real well going to the cup…but that’s ok because he’s a great shooter OH WAIT HE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT A GREAT SHOOTER.

Regardless…we’re talking about extensions coming up. I’m not saying the man doesn’t belong in the NBA …I am saying I don’t want my NBA team to give him a max extension

napalm06 and ramotadab like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

FVV and DB are Stand Ins for a real superstar whom Stone has not gotten around to trade for.

DB can be signed for 18 million.

3. MadMax

Wait when did Jalen fully commit to D?

4. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

You want a pretzel for that?

napalm06 and ramotadab like this.
  5. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I don’t think Jalen is all that skilled.

He had a deeper bag as a rookie and he’s regressed since then.

His offensive repertoire consist of shooting the three or driving 100 mph to the basket and usually smoking the finish.

He’s got no change of pace, no change of direction and His mid range game has disappeared. His shot is just ok. His handle hasn’t improved at all.

He’s really a bench caliber player who can occasionally get hot and put up a lot of points. But he’s not a starting caliber player.

charlieaustin, ramotadab and pippsux like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

You guys are insufferable. Somehow after 3 years of being terrible we have people who still cant hold their emotions in check.

Green had a bad game, and is going to continue having some of these. Its about the growth as a player and team.

Last year if he was ice cold he woulda just iso'ed and jacked his way to a better statline while we got blown out. Instead Dillon and sengun were hot on offense, so he played within the offense. Players dont play their averages, they have ups and downs.

We lost a close game but it wasn't because of Green. We lost because of turnovers and a night of butterfingers.

But in a rebuilding year its more about being in these situations and learning how to win. That didnt happen tonight, but it was great aeeing Sengun come up clutch late.

We had a 6game winning streak and all of a sudden everyone is expecting a 52 win season or something.

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Have u just been box score watching this entire season?

8. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

If you don't see this guy working, I don't know what to tell you.

anthony59237 and Ancient Moabite like this.
  9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

how can you cook when they don't give you the ball? He didn't get a shot attempt in the 4th quarter. He had 1 rebound and 2 assists in the 4th

10. MadMax

The team needs more talent. It’s winning because of Udoka, FVV, Alpi and Dillon. They’ve created a “we can’t lose” culture that they’ve exceeded expectations with. That’s not good enough to be a contender, but it is good enough to be a lot of fun rooting for.

ramotadab, daywalker02 and pippsux like this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Roids will do that

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Agree. Skills are taught, but IQ is not.

13. WestendMassive

The Refs really took over in the third quarter.

10 fouls and two techs called against the Rockets. 14FTs for the Lakers

1 technical, an offensive foul and a loose ball foul against LA. 2FTs for the Rockets, and one was from a T, the other an And One.

David Stern would be so proud

pippendagimp, Tfor3, BigMaloe and 2 others like this.
  14. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

So, you got a new scapegoat tonight.....I'm shocked I tell you.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

If they could play slightly better, we get the win. I don't like those excuses.

16. thedude077

thedude077 Member

You mad, kid? Go get you some milk and cookies.

17. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The rotations are still all over the place. Sengun cooked the Lakers, but we have no adequate backup plan when he sits.

anthony59237 likes this.
  18. pippsux

pippsux Member

The refs were giving freebies like it was Halloween for the Lakers geez but we gotta play Sengun more, took too many 3s and not enough penetration or drives

But we are going in the right direction, thankfully

WestendMassive likes this.
  19. MadMax

Brother I saw him getting out of the way tonight instead of playing help defense…that’s what I saw.

I have seen and commented here that I saw MORE effort from him on defense this year. I’m not surprised at that given who the coach is. But in no way is Jalen a great defender. And he’s not giving enough on the offensive end to justify that given the extension we’d be committing to in order to keep him around.

ramotadab likes this.
  20. MadMax

He literally handed the ball off twice tonight down the stretch…dribbled over and handed the ball off. He’s not at all looking to be involved in that offense down the stretch tonite.

xtruroyaltyx, ramotadab and invocux like this.