1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you give up CJ Stroud for the Rangers WS win?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by TheRealist137, Nov 14, 2023.

?

CJ Stroud or a WS win

1. CJ

47 vote(s)
    61.8%
  2. WS

29 vote(s)
    38.2%
  1. solid

solid Contributing Member

What and where is Perry's? A restaurant in Houston?

2. Buck Turgidson

Sugar and Sriracha?

vince likes this.
  3. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Hell no I wouldn't make that swap. Houston is a football town and Stroud can be the reason for potential championships in the future. If you are a long time Houston pro football fan that would be amazing.

4. HatsForBats

HatsForBats Member

In a heartbeat.

vince likes this.
  5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? /?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Why does this remind me of the thread that ended up with a no contact ACL tear to Watson right after we won’t the WS in 2017?

At any rate no I would keep CJ because with CJ we should have more then a few chances to finally capture a SB or FFS at least play in one. We’ve had five trips to the WS and two titles, that’s an insane run and one I’m quite happy with but it’s time for Houston to finally sit atop the NFL world and I feel real good about this coaching staff, Stroud and yes even Carstereo to go get a ****ing SB for our very deserving hard luck city. I could die the next day a very happy man…….

ROCKSS, Madmanmetz and Tuckmose like this.
  7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

CJ, CJ, CJ.... baseball is boring. Funny thread, I would trade all my friends and co-workers, who are Rangers fans for a World Series.

ROCKSS likes this.
  8. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

This dumbass is just copying that dumb Twitter post from 2017 about Deshaun Watson. It just so happens Watson got hurt right after the WS win by the Astros. Just stop. What? You hoping for a Stroud injury? Since the Astros didn't make it to a WS this year, sort of pointless to ask. @TheRealist137

9. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

F the Texans. They're not winning a Super Bowl anytime soon.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I would trade CJ for Ohtani, straight up. Is that the question?

11. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Hell nah. Not giving up CJ. Generational qb

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Stroud, Astros will be there again next year... This whole failure means Dusty and Moldy are gone so that's my WS......

13. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

14. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

Some questions should not be answered. You should;however; be free to ask silly questions. On rare occasions, those silly questions lead to better ways of doing things. This is the threat posed by the cancel culture.

15. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

What the **** is wrong with the OP? HELL NO I wouldn't give up CJ for this past WS win. And by the way, **** the Rangers.

CJ has emerged as the franchise QB we have been needing for sooooooooooooooooooo long for the Texans. Eventually he will lead the Texans to the Super Bowl. With some retooling by GM Brown (a little here and there), Espada will lead this roster back to the WS in no time.

16. clos4life

clos4life Member

WS ring #3.

17. HTown2017Champs

I want Houston to become a baseball city first. Having more years like 2022 would help move the needle for the future.

raining threes likes this.
  18. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

We had a franchise QB as recently as 3 years ago. Maybe even 2 years, I lost track because of Covid (the pandemic, not the disease).

19. Qan

Qan Member

I want all 4 major league sports in Houston to be winners. I trust Astros to continue, Texans need CJ Stroud to be the franchise for a chance, Rockets needs the young ones to develop more, and Dynamo's has chance to win it all again this year. Good thing people can be fans of all these teams and not be conflicted...unlike in LA, NY, or Chi.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yes we did. You must of forgot, but that piece of **** franchise QB that you are mentioning ****ed the franchise. The franchise was glad to get rid of his ass as he is now ****ing another franchise in the ass.

3 years later, we went through shitty QBs and shitty coaches running shitty offenses. After that suffering, the franchise now has a franchise QB. They are in contention for the playoffs (which NOT one media person thought we would) and hopefully in a few years.....the Super Bowl.

I wouldn't trade CJ for this shitty Rangers WS win. The Astros are going to recover and be back on top soon. You just have to have faith and believe.