1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Israel Goes To War with Hamas 2023

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Oct 6, 2023.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is before the violence broke out.

Fact is that Israel's strategy was to fracture Fatah and use Hamas to weaken the Palestinians. If what I say is true? Look at what Bibi said himself:

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/sto...palestinian-state-gaza-war-2456157-2023-11-01

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Again, I'm not here to defend Bibi, but nothing he or Israel have ever done compares to the targeted genocide by Hamas on Oct. 7.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  3. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Per capita maybe, but I don't think so. There are something like 650k settlers in the West Bank and something on the order of 9M people in Israel. If only 0.5% of the budget is being spent on the settlements when they have 6% of the population, then the settlements are being funded below the general level.

Nook likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

I can’t speak for and don’t agree with anyone that defends or justifies those members of Hamas that killed civilians like what happened on 10-7-23. It is a terrorist organization.

Hamas also isn’t really the government of Gaza either. They won a single close election like a decade or more ago and then took over the country and ended all elections. They are a bunch of terrorist thugs that are supported by Iran and Qatar in an effort to limit the power of Saudi Arabia in the region.

Also - Israel and Bibi could have blocked payments from Qatar, and he didn’t because he doesn’t want a two state solution, he has said so.

As for Israeli’s, while I disagree with settlements in the Westbank and disagree with the treatment of Palestinians- I have overwhelmingly gotten along with them as people.

Anyone that supports Hamas to me is scum. I understand the appeal of Palestinians wanting to be freed from Israeli control, but Hamas and the far right in Israel have the same goal - war.

5. Nook

Nook Member

Per capita it is 2-3X as much for settlers as those in Israel. There are a number of sources on it.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I asked you a question about why do you think Israel is funneling money to Hamas - your response was I was blaming the Jews. Which makes no sense. I just asking you to explain why Bibi is trying to support Hamas in order to fracture it from Fatah.

This answer above makes it look like you are trying to dodge the question and move on.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know, and I don't care, because it really doesn't matter. What I do know is that the atrocities committed by Hamas, the largest genocide committed against Jews since the holocaust, are horrific as is the entire murderous charts of Hamas and its ideology, and that of other Islamist terrorists.

If some Jew had given money to Hitler's NSDAP early on, it wouldn't matter. It would change absolutely nothing about how horrific the holocaust was.

And you obsessively focusing on this question follows a typical anti-semitic pattern: Blame the Jew for his own murder.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Where did I blame the Jew for their own murder????

Calling anyone who brings up facts and asks legit questions as anti-semitic just is smoke screen for your own bias. You're projecting, and doing it very poorly.

You refuse to address the point - first saying it's not true, then calling it anti-semitic, then rationalizing it away, and then returning to personal attacks.

It's not going to work. Stop dodging what you know - that this isn't about blame, but rather land. Bibi's party and supporters want the West Bank at any cost. That includes supporting Hamas to divide and conquer. You know it, but don't want to admit it.

Everyone here can see through what you are doing. Do you?

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I am talking about the largest genocide against Jewish people since the holocaust and you keep blabbering about what Bibi supposedly wants or doesn't want. @astros123 is right about you.

davidio840 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Perhaps I’m mistaking your argument here.
    If it turned out that US government was funneling money to Al Qaeda prior to 9/11 — can you imagine anyone other than a shameless government apologist responding with “I don’t care, because it really doesn’t matter.”?

The government of Israel is responsible for protecting its citizens, and their failures in doing so must be scrutinized. I’m quite sure Israelis would agree. This shouldn’t in any way absolve Hamas, Islamic Jihad, and their financial backers from responsibility for the horrific crimes committed on October 7th.

pahiyas, Nook, Sweet Lou 4 2 and 2 others like this.
  12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I’ve made it a point not to post in the D&D much, but watching curb the other day realized Larry David already found a way to bring both people together years ago..

Nook and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't care. Destroy Hamas.

Sorting out whatever the Israeli government did wrong is something Israelis can do after Hamas is destroyed. It is entirely unimportant compared to the task of trying to free the hostages and ending the threat to innocent civilians from Hamas.

To keep bringing it up from outside and trying to lay blame at the Israeli government for whatever is a deliberate attempt at distracting from the actual task. That's destroying Hamas, so they can no longer murder innocent civilians. Their entire infrastructure must be destroyed, their weapons seized, and the terrorists must be brought to justice.

#3253 AroundTheWorld, Nov 14, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    blue_eyed_devil likes this.
  14. amuro01

amuro01 New Member

I don't know why you guys trying so hard to convice an unreasonable dude.

pahiyas and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  15. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

They flock together :D

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

lol...you waited 3 1/2 years for that post

upload_2023-11-14_2-7-30.png

17. amuro01

amuro01 New Member

You are so charming.Can't help myself.

18. astros123

astros123 Member

19. astros123

astros123 Member

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Following Durvasa’s point is that following 911 yea the US had to go after Al Qeada though that doesn’t mean legitimate questions weren’t asked regarding the funding of Bin Ladin and precursors of Al QAeda to fight the Soviets.

Further your someone who has frequently argued for free speech and accused others of shutting down free speech by calling it “Hate Speech”. You’re doing the same thing here by trying to shut down discussion of what the Israeli government might’ve done to aid Hamas as “antisemitism”.

Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.