1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well yeah, personal judgement of the logic/process is opinion. I'm giving my opinion and the reasoning behind it, I'm not sure if you were expecting something else.

cmoak1982 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. 34to11

34to11 Member

So in your mind popularity equates to veracity?

Interesting.

3. 34to11

34to11 Member

I wondered how long it would take you to resort to ad hominem attacks.
    Patterns are highly predictable.

I'm not mad at you though. I'm pretty sure you can't help it.

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

See, the issue is you think I am on the wrong side of the Alp debate.

I love Alperen Sengun. I am extremely happy we have him. My thoughts on him haven't really changed at all over the past three years. I got the shirts, the jersies, oh all our guys, including Sengun.

You special snowflakes can't navigate that statement because you spent three years building this false reality of purist / haters that never existed. And now you are stumbling around trying to run victory laps over imaginary foes.

You were overly sensitive idiots then and overly sensitive idiots now. The solution has always been the same. Stop ****ing crying.

34to11 likes this.
  5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a lot more alts than just those two.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  6. 34to11

34to11 Member

Not at all.
    Most of the objective facts and empirical evidence are already known so that leaves little else but opinion.
    Unfortunately that doesn't stop some internetters from confusing or conflating the concepts.

harold bingo likes this.
  7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Yes. If a lot of people agree with me, I am right you are wrong. That’s exactly what I meant, lol. Bye!

8. 34to11

34to11 Member

Cool.

9. larsv8

Please let me know who my alleged alts are LOL

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL. I will destroy this statement when I have a few minutes to do a search.

clos4life, cml750 and maypk like this.
  11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

He is on my ignore list. No way he loves alpi :D

clos4life, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  12. Svenskgun

Svenskgun Member

I am a long time Rockets fan from Sweden and besides watching the swedish national team play basketball I don't keep track of any european basketball at all.

In february of 2021, a couple of months prior to Sengun getting drafted, I saw him for the first time vs the Swedish national team. In the pre-game talk they were only focusing on Shane Larkin who was naturalized by the turkish basketball federation and when the game started Sengun was dominating big time.

Jonas Jerebko, the former NBA player from Sweden, was getting dominated by the 18 year old Sengun and I was so fascinated by Sengun's game. Sengun ended the game with a 24 points and 12 rebound performance and I was totally sold on his skillset and play. I guess that very few people on this board felt the same type of happiness as I did when I found out that Presti and OKC traded Sengun to the Rockets.

It has been a blast to see him play so good this season but I can't say that I am surprised. Sengun is super skilled and it was more a case of him not being utilized the right way rather than him not being good enough.

Here is the game highlights from the game he wrecked Jerebko:

slothy420, cryout75, plegus and 14 others like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Awesome post, welcome to the forum!

clos4life, cml750 and Dobbizzle like this.
  14. larsv8

I'll help you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

He LOOOOOOOOVES Alperen Sengun - as evidenced by the posts below. There are way too many, this is just a tiny selection that took like 4 minutes to pull up.

(Sengun and Wemby don't even play the same position, but of course this guy didn't understand that.)

(defending Silas' mistreatment of Sengun - we see now that all it takes is a decent coach with common sense to prove this hater wrong)

Yes...yes...we will. You just didn't believe it.

Yep - he really loves Sengun, and is extremely happy we have him. There are literally hundreds more posts like this, full of bitterness and hate. Against Sengun, and against anyone who dares to like Sengun.

P.S.: He is totally entitled to his opinion - but he doesn't need to tell us lies about "loving Sengun" and "his opinion never having changed". He has been one of the biggest haters.

#7895 AroundTheWorld, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
  16. larsv8

- About a third of that is obviously trolling you idiots.
    - The defense and rebounding concerns are still legitimate
    - Sure, some things I did not get correct.
    - As you can see with my previous post, you can read what I post about Sengun in the non cult enviornment.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This is @larsv8 after having been humbled and exposed:

[​IMG]

18. larsv8

Oh yes, so humbled, but hey, if I am going to be a labeled as a Sengun Hater, I might as well embrace it.

19. maypk

maypk Member

I don't think you were/are on the wrong side of Alp debate. I know you were/are on the wrong side.

Your post history begs to differ.

Personally, i am neither over sensitive nor idiot. And I wouldn't consider making fun of butthurt haters such as yourself as "crying".

Lastly, a piece of advice for you. Pick your battles and do not fight the battle you've already lost. Be like @maj21.

joshuaao, clos4life, cml750 and 2 others like this.
  20. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Patterns are extremely predictable. It’s ok bud, you can’t help it. It’s a personality disorder

clos4life, cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.