1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I'd take Capela over Landale any day of the week but I'm concerned about his injuries.

We need to keep a lookout for the Bulls fire sale. Snagging a Nikola Vucevic would be amazing.

2. xaos

xaos Member

Yuck

3. Evans32

Evans32 Member

Jazz: Jabari/Amen
    Rockets: Markkanen

4. fattz

fattz Member

Have fun, Green is not a super star, all I want is a upgrade in role player. Green is playing better that I thought he could. I would still do the Green for Black just to get the salaries to align better. We will not be able to retain talent with both Sengun and Green maxed. An Amen & Black backcourt (with great shooting coaching) is the future of the league. Cam can score when needed to fill the void. Both Fred & Dillion will be off the books when the rookies are ready to get paid.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Was just thinking about Lauri. I wouldn't give up Amen for him though, we don't have any other guys who could potentially play point guard coming up, and our second unit really needs a playmaker even right now (I like Holiday but he's an undersized shooting guard, let's face it). I would offer something like:

[​IMG]

Boii likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is borderline crazy that Lauri is not even on a Max or extended Max.

Utah would be insane not to give him that money.....

ilias likes this.
  7. Joerex Jamisola

no way.. Markkane cant defend.

saleem likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think when he signed his current contract he was looking pretty meh, like 14/6/4 off so-so efficiency. His production exploded after getting traded. Maybe that is a lesson for why we shouldn't necessarily give up on Jabari too early though, some guys are late bloomers.

I doubt Utah will trade Lauri unless he quietly is asking out under the table. Worth a shot though

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I mean it is Utah but I think if I am 26 and I would want to stay for a Max contract.

Utah is not playing Defense and Lauri is not a plus defender yet....but has potential to be a mediocre one.

OremLK likes this.
  10. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah him and Sengun together is really pushing the integrity of our defense

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Nah Danny Ainge absolutely wrecks teams in trades

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

I like Jabari and he will probably get better defensively (I hope), but let's face it, right now he's now exactly the defensive phenom he was sold as either.

Still, if we're giving up the farm for a PF, I'd rather go after JJJ

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Boo.

Little Bit likes this.
  14. Evans32

Evans32 Member

I would offer the trade below that you suggested before I trade Amen, but it is Danny ainge your trading with, he definitely would want Amen, but I think he would take the deal you suggested if we offered 3 first and a pick swap in the future

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

What an awful trade. Amen is going to be a superstar. Was this sarcasm?

Y2JT, Little Bit, jim1961 and 2 others like this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

This is a two year process. Jjj wouldn’t make us championship contending. We need to keep developing sengun, Jalen, Jabari, Eason and the other two rookies while trying to compete. . This is a playoff team at best, not a championship team. I’m not trading any core pieces unless it’s for a bonafide superstar. JJJ ain’t that. If he was his team would better right now than they they are. They’re not depleted of talent.

17. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Now I remember why I avoid this thread at all costs. Holy crap some folks here REALLY undervalue our prospects that we suffered through tanking for years to get, and start to develop.... as well as being really really short sighted.

Yes... This start to the season is fun.
    Yes... the team might be better than we thought.
    Yes.... Markkanen is a really good player

However we are NOT a proven contender yet, and we still don't even know if we have a true all star on the roster. Especially if you don't really count FVV who is awesome, but let's be honest about his all star appearance in the Leastern Conference. He wouldn't be an All Star in the West. The Rockets STILL need a cornerstone or two regardless of how awesome FVV is and how he's the perfect team captain we needed.

Jabari, and Amen are not even old enough to drink a beer. Give them a minute longer this season before shipping them off as chips to get a very good player who IS NOT a superstar you can build around IMO.

Little Bit, jim1961 and peleincubus like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Starting to believe in Alpi becoming a bonafide superstar, in which case a young All-Star & DPOY seems like a great guy to pair with him.

I was where you're at a month ago--to be honest I still probably am until Sengun keeps proving it for another month or so--but if he keeps up this level of production I'm okay with trading one (only one) of the young high picks for a guy who complements him right away.

Boii likes this.
  19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

i like the idea of getting another ball handler and bench gaurd on this team. I know we need backup center help but it never hurts to have capable ball handlers and decent shooters on the team.

That being said:

Houston out: reggie bullock, victor oladipo, 2 2nds
    Houston in: Malcolm Brogdon

Portland out: Brogdon
    Portland in: bullock, oladipo, 2nd

Houston Outlook: Houston trades 2 expiring contracts and a couple assets to get a much needed bench rotation player. Brogdon has previous experience under Ime and his system and is a very capable backup PG and solid off ball shooter. Also another welcomed seasoned vet on a short contract for high money.

Portland Outlook: Clears the cap and adds flexibility. Gains a couple somewhat ok assets while clearing the books. Can either buyout both vets or let them expire. Continue focusing on retooling post Lillard era.

Boii and Shark44 like this.
  20. ilias

ilias Member

Unrealistic but fun:

Jalen Green, Jabari Smith and 5 FRPs for Bane and Jaren Jackson

FVV, Bane, DB, JJ, Sengun
    Amen, Cam, Eason, vets