1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Nuggets @ Rockets 11/12/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 11, 2023.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Props to Tate, who I never really considered as a pivotal long term piece, but he has been DYNAMITE.

I always just penciled him in as expiring trade filler or potential cap room, but now, damn, I worried about keeping him.

cmoak1982, jim1961, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  3. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

I like Tate and his ENERGY.

4. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If Tate and Jeff Green can get opportunities to post up, drive and kick, and spot up then so does Jabari. Jabari can fit into the offense just fine. No one on the team, not even Brooks or Holiday, is glued to the three point line. Tate and Jeff Green have years of experience and savvy, Jabari is 20 years old. He has shown he can be a versatile scorer against lower competition. I think he'll figure it out.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Jalen brought energy and he played intelligently. His shots didn't go down though. He needs to get stronger and a bit bigger. Keep up the good work, Jalen.

6. TimDuncanDonaut

Nuggets post game interviews.

Jokic's comment on Jeff. :p

#1386 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    BigMaloe, clos4life, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  7. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Yeah, Jalen Green couldn't make a shot tonight, but he did other things to help get the win. It is what good players do. 8 rebounds, 5 assists 1 steal and he had the best +/- of any starter. He was the only starter to be in the positive at +10

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Houston is win streak city!!! Woooooo!!!!!

Tfor3, cmoak1982 and DeBeards like this.
  9. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Ahem

Castian Crew likes this.
  10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Just saying 3 of Brook's 6 shots were 3's, 4 of the 7 shots Jeff Green took were 3's, 3 of the 4 shots Tari took were 3's.BTW...Holiday shot 5 of 8 from 3. With all due respect, they are not glued to the 3 pt. line but 15 of 25 from 4 players were from 3....they are around it a LOT...60% of their shots are from 3.

I agree about the experience and savvy. and he's young at 20. Tonight he attempted 2 threes and when he didn't hit those, he went inside and hit 4 of 5. I too think he'll figure it out. Our forwards sure seem to be perimeter oriented though.

11. VoR

VoR Member

Seeing this on the schedule, I was like, "Well that was a nice win streak while it lasted." At half time, I was like, "Damn, we gunna win this one!"

DeBeards likes this.
  12. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Easy, easy, got a long ways to go and lots to prove before we get to that point.

13. keeez

keeez Member

What goes through yalls heads when you say silly s*** like this? Stop wishing for the misfortunes of others. It doesn't help us get better. Instead, wish that our team becomes good enough to beat them even when they are at full strength.

[​IMG]

ChrisP, BigMaloe, clos4life and 10 others like this.
  14. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Taking a lot of threes doesn't mean players are glued to the line, nor does it mean they are uninvolved in the offense. A lot of work and movement goes into getting those looks. Before tonight FVV took 67 of his 117 field goal attempts (57%) from deep. He is not glued to the three point line. Some of the top scoring forwards in the league like PG13 and Markkanen take more than half their shots beyond the arc. Hell, whole teams like the Celtics, Mavs, and Pacers are taking nearly half their shots from range now.

Jabari is fourth on the team in shot attempts. That's not bad for a sophomore with talented players ahead of him. Getting benched for Uncle Jeff, who's playing great, shouldn't be considered a failure or a setback. Green wasn't born with his current level of experience, no one is. After his first 4-5 years he was considered somewhat of a bust. Now it's his 17th season, coming off playing 19mpg for a championship team. This is a valuable learning opportunity for Jabari.

saleem likes this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

I think Bari is good enough and has fresh legs to tire the **** out of attackers but for few key possesions peak defense of Jeff is just better

16. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

Bari seems like the type that wants to be the guy and will listen and learn to do what he needs to from udoka to be that guy.

VoR likes this.
  17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

Loved him at the Sydney Kings, but didn't expect his game to translate to the NBA given hes undersized. Dude just hustles.

saleem likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

31 vs 8 bench points, Mr. Malone!

saleem likes this.
  19. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

lmao this one really really cracks me up broh

sirjesse, Salvy and Believe It! like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao Udoker and a Nurse are destroying the league.