1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Hornets @ Rockets 11/1/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 31, 2023.

1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Why don't they shoot 56% from the 3 every game?!

Are they stupid?

2. Fantasma Negro

* now a a legit two way player (****ing auto-correct)...also, Brooks might be my new fav

Moe and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The coach forgets to tell them

RocketsFido likes this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Don’t tell me this didn’t get your jimmy in a jam:

Kevooooo, Dredd and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Our starting schedule is so wonky, we have so many days off while other teams are getting b2b to b2b. That probably means at some point of our season we'll have a really wacky b2b schedule as well.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  6. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Watching the game now.

7 min left in 2nd qtr and brooks already has 4 steals?!

7. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

What a joke ! There are some seriously sick people who have an unhealthy, cancerous, attitude that has developed towards Jabari. Get a life...damn. My goodness...do you know how ridiculous you sound spouting this BS. REALLY ! You said yourself that it's not about his numbers...you are going to hate him if he puts up 40/20 a night.

The man...Jay here...pointed out it is not an isolated situation...it really happens fairly regularly...it is called communication. It not only occurs between players but coaches as well. In the 1980's AU football coach,Pat Dye used to fire his OC Jack Crow several times a game...telling him "you're fired you red headed csucker". Believe me you want the communication...be worried when the communication is not there. I too am interested in the individual assignments on each play. There was recently a Youtube video showing different players who did not box out or rotate over...HINT...the biggest offender was not JSJ.

I know you bring cutting edge knowledge sniper ...you know there's more to a game than the boxscore. I'm learning a lot..who looks at a boxscore?- uhh right everybody. I can assure you that Dillon in his 2nd year made similar mistakes and worse. And...PULEEASE don't tell me that he himself wasn't perceived to a problem by others even coming over to us. And, we got a steal in the draft, in the first round because the guy we drafted supposedly made jokes about Grady Dick....you can't make this stuff up. No kidding ! here's the deal...I pull for the Houston Rockets...ALL of them. I am smart enough to know that all the pieces functioning as a whole WIN GAMES. There is no past reputation of Jabari being an attitude problem...not in high school at Sandy Creek (head coach was from my hometown of Montgomery) not from Bruce Pearl at Auburn, not during the draft process...he told no Grady dick or any other jokes.That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I'm pretty well acquainted with Jabari's background.

JayGoogle likes this.
  8. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Really interesting to see this analysis of our defense against Golden State....there is plenty of blame to go around...we were down screened to death and I find the analysis gives a closer understanding of what the defensive assignments should have been and what went wrong. You can understand some of the young players lapses but, it happens among veterans as well.

9. glenadyll

glenadyll Contributing Member

I hate to be that guy, but yes, we are fine.

BigShasta and RudyTBag like this.