1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Give Stone his credit

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Jun 24, 2023.

1. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Incredible job by Stone.

I can't think of a negative other than the commitment to KPJ but I don't feel the need to hold that against him.

Udoka, Fred, Jeff G, and Dillon completely changed the culture of the team.

It went from a free for all to a professional situation basically overnight.

You can tell how happy Sengun is now.

2. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

I agree we kind of lucked out with Lopez backing out and not taking minutes from Sengun given his leap this year.

But I don’t think you can hold what Lopez is doing in Milwaukee all against Lopez. Griffin looks like he is going to be Milwaukee’s version of Silas. He’s running an incomprehensibly foolish scheme with their personnel trying to force chaos and turnovers. Lopez would almost certainly look much better if he was here or if Milwaukee had hired Nurse, Williams, or still had Bud.

roslolian likes this.
  3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

holy f##king sh#t! Silas to Ime upgrade is ORDER OF MAGNITUDE improvement!

MultipleSauces, roslolian and Salvy like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

[​IMG]

Sledge187, BigShasta and harold bingo like this.
  5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Glad someone sees & appreciates the masterful job Stone's done

Sledge187 and roslolian like this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So when are the ppl celebrating this new rockets roster going to actually give Stone the credit he deserves?

Sledge187 and roslolian like this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Things the majority of this board said before the season:

-Dillon Brooks being the worst signing
    '-FVV not being the leader we paid him to be
    -Amen not ever going to pan out
    -Tate being a scrub with no offense
    '-KMJ traded coming back to haunt us

Some of you idiots were wrong across the board

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Eh, I am all for celebrating wins, but our offensive rebounding rate is the exact opposite.

From 1st last year to 25th this year.

This could just be a philosophy shift. (TBF Could also be a lack of Tari so far this year)

9. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

I mean yeah we are gonna be good at offensive rebounding when everyone is trying to get the ball instead of running back to play defense...

roslolian likes this.
  10. Qan

Qan Member

You could ask yourself why the Rockets fast break points allowed has gone from one of the worst to the best.

roslolian likes this.
  11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Don't know if this was posted elsewhere, but also points out some of the improvements mentioned here. Transition, offensive rebounding, and hiring staff like Ime and signing the vets to the team.

roslolian likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Ime and Stone have a good thing going on they complement each other. Reminds me of Pop and Buford in San Antonio.

13. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

LOL, its good to know who is rooting for Stone, tells you a lot about who roots for the team too. Not even in a winning streak you have the merits to a serious debate. One link from 3 years handling a rebuilding with license to lose? I bet David Kahn had more. But I reserve my time to look for winning benchmarks and guess what? Stone ain't one.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone tap dancing over fools like you. You are the one without any serious merit Rockets just took down the best team in the league with the bunch of 20 yr olds Stone drafted, free agents Stone signed and the coach Stone hired so suck it.

persian hoopa, MadMax94$ and Salvy like this.
  15. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone deserves credit for executing The Process flawlessly. Rox started and ended their rebuild and half the board didn't even realize they were tanking to this day like the nimrod above.

Stone started with the oldest roster in the NBA, disgruntled Fat suit wearing Harden and half their picks going to OKC. Now they have one of the best cores in the NBA and a bunch of vets signed to team friendly deals. They even have Nets picks in their back pocket so which would be a lotto pick if the playoff started today.

Masterclass job by Stone and the FO they played 3D chess while dumbass posters here in CF can only understand checkers.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I read this five times and can't understand any of it.

Can someone translate?

roslolian likes this.
  18. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Tillman has gotten a lot of hate on this board by these same dumbass posters. If he truly was the owner 75% of the board thinks he is, we would have ended up with Harden back and a different coach.

Instead, he’s let Stone work, went all in on Udoka (didn’t want Harden here) and has built the beginning of what looks like the foundation of a winning culture here.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

Translation is he is salty because Stone made him look like a clown.

MadMax94$ likes this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

I'll give him his credit. He's doing this and still has 2 Top 5 picks from this draft sitting on the bench waiting to be developed.

Deep AF!

roslolian and MadMax94$ like this.